hello people

errortype21

I'm not being a noob. In life in general chinese replicas of things are heaps of *suitcase* and brake

Airsoft does not follow that rule, in case you haven't realised. I own a TM AK, and I've had the good fortune to handle CYMA AKs. Between the two, I can say that the CYMA is more solid and realistic in weight to real steel than the TM. My JG AUG is as solid as TM and CA ones, my ACM Mossberg M500 might as well be the real deal and isn't any worse than the Marushin M500s.

If anything, the chinese clones have not only caught up to, but even surpassed japanese brands in terms of manufacture quality and innovation. Prejudice will only stand in the way of an intelligent decision.

The other problem is with the chinese clamp down on airsoft gun making, its beccome hard to get hold of the "cheapsoft" clones

I can't say that's accurate. There was a crackdown during the olympics, but its picking back up now. We have a member on arnies named Frontiers. He's the one to go to for chinese airsoft news, since he's got his ear to the ground over there. Ask him if you don't believe me :)

I can't say that's accurate. There was a crackdown during the olympics, but its picking back up now. We have a member on arnies named Frontiers. He's the one to go to for chinese airsoft news, since he's got his ear to the ground over there. Ask him if you don't believe me :)

well being that i only been on this forum a few weeks and only know about what i heard from redwolf, my local store and local site thats all i can say. there was a recent video on redwolf i donno how recent the video is but it shows the chinese steam rollering aload of "airsoft and real steel" guns

You have to remember that Redwolf primarily do their business selling Japanese and other expensive brands. They're not going to be complimentary about cheapsoft guns since it goes against their business interests. I can't comment about your site, and I am not sure who your local store is, but remember that when any commercial entity gives their opinions about something that has the potential to be contary to their business interests, you need to make sure you've gotten all angles before making a decision for yourself.

There are a LOT of experienced airsofters here who will tell you how solid their cheapsoft guns are, and how some actually surpass the non-cheapsofts in quality. There are also the numerous STAR, ARES, CA horror stories other experienced airsofters can share with you. End users have a lot less at stake commercially, remember that.

punky, high-ends are just naturally better then low ends. Although Tm's might not feel real, theyll last longer. A G&P stubby killer, is significantly better then a JG stubby killer.

I can take my JG G36c, add firefly bucking (10$), shim it correctly (5$), add a better hop-up (15$), and shave off the second tooth of the piston (5$), to make it just as reliable and accurate as the CA G36, for less then half the price. 100,000 rounds and still going strong, the best 120$ I ever spent.

Naturally better, pfft. :D

Oh, and lets not get into the discussion that "The externals are better". The externals on my CYMA Aks-74u are extremely solid. I have:

1) Dropped it numerous times from various heights (3-10 feet), with only a few scratches.

2) Not even touched the internals, and still running strong after 25,000 rounds.

3) Dropped it in mud, water, on rocks, and it still lives to tell the tale.

So, what about the poor quality cheapsoft you are talking about? I doubt you have even touched a clone gun :P

EDIT: Here is a video running an almost completely stock JG M16 gearbox wise (only upgrade is a new JG motor and G&G piston) on a 12V battery. I would like to see your CA M4 run on a 12V if it is so much better then a clone, because if it is so much better, then it should be able to take it right?

punky, high-ends are just naturally better then low ends. Although Tm's might not feel real, theyll last longer. A G&P stubby killer, is significantly better then a JG stubby killer.

Mate, I did say that the best is to check all reviews and see what brand's the best at which models right? you can't compare specific models and conclude "oh thus high-ends are naturally better than low-ends"

I'll bet you a tenner CYMA's MP5Ks will outlast TM's. That doesn't mean by default CYMAs are better than TMs.

If you want a particular gun, my advice is to look at all the brands that make that model, read reviews, and find out which brand is the best. Put aside your cheapsoft prejudices, and in the end, you'll be the one who benefits.

I would say;

G3 but get one get the Classic Army one since its all metal which is very nice and the range on one is usually quite good but tbh 500 bbs in one mag and should come shooting at about 320ish fps

M14 perhaps? i know the TM one shots at about 280fps but the hop unit on it is pretty damn good, might be worth upgrading it to about 328fps and wanging a tightbore and consider changing the hopup rubber and stuff but imho try it stock first and see whats what but either way you'll have a pretty damn awesome aeg :)

everything blows TM out of the water. they've gotten old. But trademarks, a full metal body, lasting internals, solidly built. CYMA's AK's are great, but G&P's armalites are beast. BTW, systema is a high end and that is 763% better then any other airsoft armalite.

EDIT: I'm done argueing.

everything blows TM out of the water.

You really have no clue what you're talking about do you? :blink:

Of course TM is old, that is what makes them so reliable, they know what they are doing. A stock TM will be more accurate and last longer then any other gun in the price range, because they perfected their hop-up system and internals for maximim reliability. I know somebody who bought TM's FAMAS (their first AEG), in the early 1990's. To this day it STILL works.

I think I am not the only one who would take you up on that bet punky - I can barely believe you even wagered as such :o

You really think a plastic MP5K can take the same pounding a metal MP5K can?

When I use my TM it always feel like I might break it. 1st day I used my CYMA I promptly dropped it from about 4ft up into hard concrete, not even a mark. I'd rather have something I am not afraid to be rough with, and that if broken, wouldn't cost so much that I'll be sad.

Tell you what, let me have a crack at both with a sledgehammer, we'll see who takes the tenner ;)

Remember, I'm not saying cheapsoft is better or non-cheapsoft is better. If you're in the market for a MP5K AEG for example, the CYMA will be the way to go. If you want a MP7 AEP, I think its fairly clear that the TM is the one to get. If its a G3, I'd go for the CA one. AUG? The JG does fine.

Bottomline is, don't limit your own options.

Archived