Serpa 1911 GOV’t & Clones w/XIPHOS Weapon Light (Right Hand) – Using TM Hi-Capa 4.3

Serpa 1911 GOV’t & Clones w/XIPHOS Weapon Light (Right Hand) – Using TM Hi-Capa 4.3

Having been on Arnies for a while I wanted to write a review for some time but lacked the confidence so I apologies for any glaring errors now and I hope this review will be clear enough to follow.

Since starting airsoft in 2005 and running my way thru a lot of GBB’s starting with the TM Hi-Capa 4.3 and ranging from WE 1911’s to KJ works P226 and than onto a TM 1911, I found myself coming full circle back to the TM Hi-Capa 4.3.

My old Hi-Capa is now my wife’s secondary weapon so upon thinking about buying a new one for myself I also found myself with the age old question of what holster?

The Hi-Capa is an odd beast to find a holster for. I tend to favour Blackhawk Serpa holsters and I am aware that the Glock 17 Safariland holster fits the Hi-Capa but they can be harder to source and can be expensive.

For the most part cost was a factor as I have a few Blackhawk rigs, but hit the age old problem that Blackhawk do not make a holster that fits the Hi-Capa.

Or do they?

A rather late evening browse on the internet for a holster and I came across an interesting article on Airsoft Canada:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=90788

I found my interest rising and on this occasion I decided to take a chance.

I placed my order from Ops gear and crossed my fingers.

http://www.opsgear.com/Blackhawk-CQC-Level...-p/bh-41450.htm

The parcel arrived in the UK and I collected it and practically ripped the box apart to try the holster.

The holster is made to the usual excellent standard and the box contains the holster, the paddle attachment and the belt attachment.

dsc00244l.th.jpg

Note the holster will fit on the Blackhawk leg rigs which is how mine will be fitted.

As I have not brought my new Hi-Capa yet I used my wife’s Hi-Capa 4.3 that is externally still stock.

The pistol fitted straight in there and clicked into position. There is a slight problem and I will come to that in a minute.

dsc00246jh.th.jpg

The holster can be adjusted for retention by turning the tension screw located at the bottom of the holster.

dsc00247ur.th.jpg

This leads me onto the small problem. The pistol does lock into position but there is the odd occasion that you can pull the holster out if you put some force behind it.

I suspect that the pistol in an odd situation slightly twists and can slip by the locking tab. hopefully the next picture will make this a little clearer.

dsc00253mr.th.jpg

I suspect that if you used the Blackhawk Xiphos NT Weapon Mounted Light I think it may hold very firmly and reduce this condition sadly budget denied me the option to buy the light but I hope to purchase it next year to see if the Hi-Capa will still fit in the holster with the light.

http://www.opsgear.com/Blackhawk-Xiphos-NT.../bh-75204bk.htm

I believe that if the holster is mounted downwards facing (Drop leg rig) or on a downwards slope (Molle attachment on chest rig or plate carrier) the risk of the odd fallout would be greatly reduced.

I religiously use a pistol lanyard anyway but I could see this being a worry for people.

A possible solution if your not worried about using the weapon mounted light (if it fits remember I have not tested this yet) might be to use the Blackhawk's Pistol Bunji Retention Kit.

http://www.kmnw.co.uk/images/blackhawk/40br00bk_0.jpg

You could drill two holes past the trigger release of the holster and use the bunji kit or Para cord (use you imagination) as a backup retention system.

I freely admit I have not used this holster in the field yet but intend to in the New Year (need to spray it OD).

In Summary this holster has promise but may need a little work, for those of us that like Blackhawk products be it for the build quality or the cost I think you may like this.

I shall update this article when I get a chance in the New Year.

Have a good Christmas one and all.

Cheers

Rich

Someone else suggested this solution to me a couple of weeks ago (as I'm currently running a 4.3 in a modified 1911 serpa). The light does apparently fit and there is a clone of it available on WGC (I believe by Action) if your budget will not stretch to the real deal.

Thanks for the heads up for the light, I have sourced somewhere in the UK for the real deal and I have just recieved my bunji cord for the holster so I will be posting an update on how I set it up cleanly later on at the weekend hopefully.

Note I spoted this on ebaybanned looks the same:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/black-eagle-flash...ols-p-2563.html

Cheers

Rich

Edited by rwoodcock01