4chan pownage of pc noob

Triggerhappychappy

Well, a friend on another forum posted this, and I nearly wet myself:

http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=19928

Its an image file of a thread- no virus' or anything nasty attached that I could detect; just open it with an image viewer and zoom in on the hilarity as it unfolds... :D

Well, a friend on another forum posted this, and I nearly wet myself:

http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=19928

Its an image file of a thread- no virus' or anything nasty attached that I could detect; just open it with an image viewer and zoom in on the hilarity as it unfolds... :D

Ohh Epicness :)

oh ffs I was wondering when /b/ would get blatantly mentioned here....

Bear in mind I've only heard of 4chan in the last few months (mentioned here in an offtopic thread funnilly enough...); /b/ means nothing to me other than I saw it a few times in that thread.

I see funny, I share funny, nothing more- no promoting of weird forums at my end :)

EDIT: this was originally posted on my r/c forum, I havent actually visited the 4chan place...

This is pretty much the funniest thing I've read all year. Well done to everyone involved. :)

Although it wouldn't be too hard for the kid to deny all knowledge as it would just seem like the hard drive had died pretty catastrophically (*fruitcage* yeah, spelt it right first time).

FWIW, I recently tried to kill a damaged HDD and I couldn't manage it using a stonking-great magnet.

Funny thing is, even though the HDD refused to die, when I decided to take it to bits I found that all the screws inside were magnetised so I'm pretty sure the magnet was pretty powerful.

Before anybody says anything, I wasn't working on behalf of Gary Glitter or suffering from paranoia. It was just a HDD that had a bunch of bad sectors which meant it couldn't be used to reliably store data.

As a result I figured I might as well have some fun torture-testing it.

Magnets definitely didn't live up to their reputed ability to kill an HDD though. :(

FWIW, I recently tried to kill a damaged HDD and I couldn't manage it using a stonking-great magnet.

Funny thing is, even though the HDD refused to die, when I decided to take it to bits I found that all the screws inside were magnetised so I'm pretty sure the magnet was pretty powerful.

Before anybody says anything, I wasn't working on behalf of Gary Glitter or suffering from paranoia. It was just a HDD that had a bunch of bad sectors which meant it couldn't be used to reliably store data.

As a result I figured I might as well have some fun torture-testing it.

Magnets definitely didn't live up to their reputed ability to kill an HDD though. :(

If you had a microwave that you didnt want anymore you could have had some real fun.... ahhh blue flames, how I love thee....

Archived