A Customer complaint.

just to throw it out there, as you only ever hear the bad side.

I've ordered hundreds of dollars worth of stuff from Ehobby in the past. all arrived quickly (barring the usual customs routine) and all arrived correctly. even an order of about 20 DIFFERENT products.

Oh, my tracking numbers have always worked. Maybe you've been using it wrong?

I think the immature name calling and bypassing the swear filter needs to stop. If you've got a problem, take it up with them. Failing that, theres a whole section for Problems with sales online, and Ehobby have their own subforum on arnies. Post there. Dont clutter up someone elses thread.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Failing that, theres a whole section for Problems with sales online, and Ehobby have their own subforum on arnies. Post there. Dont clutter up someone elses thread.

Umm, this is the section for problems with sales online and this is Ehobbyasia's thread, just in case you didn't know.

It might help if you read through the entire thread and understood the problem, including how much I have spent with Ehobbyasia in the last six months alone!

Andrew, I am quite sympathetic to your situation but you also aren't doing yourself any favours by throwing the insults around. It just makes you equally as childish and will probably look bad for you with your libel case you keep going on about.

Yep, you're right. I've had a PM from a staff member and I've already changed my signature, libel case won't go ahead anyway, aparently not a chance of it in Hong Kong. So I've just written a very nasty letter to their mailing address instead.

The bottom line is however that I have gone from being an extremely loyal customer of theirs to being the single biggest reason you shouldn't shop there. In my searches through the internet today I have also come to realise how over priced they are.

I feel you there Andrew, I once received bad grenade shells from ehobbyasia. Send them a few e-mails, get nothing back, go to paypal, all of a sudden I got a response. I also got an RMA and was told to send the product back for inspection so I could get full or partial refund. I do just that thinking I would get a refund, AND NEVER DID.

Mind you, this was months ago, they give me an RMA and no refund? So not only has ehobbyasia robbed me of my refund, they have also made me pay shipping both ways.

You know what buddy? I'll change my sig too.

I agree with Ehobby here. I hardly can see how someone can forget/not check to see if the rail panels were in there. I can understand that he would have thought you were BSing him and put that in his post claiming you were ripping them off. Calm down and give the guy a break. Sheesh. It takes a pretty big moron for somebody to not notice that the product is not in the packaging.

Ehobby is not out there to rip you off $10.

Ehobby has always responded quickly to my e-mails, questions, and does a great job with their sales. I've ordered from there many times, and will continue to.

But unless you're the one who got supposedly scammed, keep the childish "Don't Trust Ehobbyasia" to yourself. I can understand you being upset about this, but you're taking this a little too far.

Out of your $1371.34 spent at ehobbyasia, how much of that came just fine from them?

So I've just written a very nasty letter to their mailing address instead.

A great way to handle things like an adult. Just send a nasty email. Solves everything.

EDIT: I agree sigma, it could have been handled personally.

+1 to Sigma, Its barely worth the read.

If you want examples of where EHA have messed up and then corrected issues I can give you a few, but not man as they dont tend to gt it wrong, I've been buying from them since the very early days on ebay. All it ever took was a picture of what was received incorrectly and a polite e-mail to sort it.

Dang, sorry to be harsh but Wow, people like EHA who made a very small mistake have to but up with little punks like that guy, having spent 3 time's the amount with ehobbyasia that crazy fool has, I can assure everyone that EHA = Made a very small honest mistake.

On a side note, if you go through life demanding things in life acting like a jerk, you are more than likely going to get crapped on time and time again. No wonder they put your email on the bottom of the stack, had I been them, I would have just left you good-less, that way I don't have to deal with that kind of senseless crud.

Good luck at trying to childishly bash an honest retailer in your toy gun forum signature. ;)

Have to agree, Ive probably given over a grand (dollars) to Ehobby this past year and never had a problem, and a lengthy stay in customs by my gun was down to me fudging my paperwork not them (and they did everything they could to try and help).

I think accusing you of extortion was a bit of a knee jerk dumb thing to do but as said above, how much of that 1371 dollars did you get ok? If I was packing orders in a place that handles as much trade as Ehobby Id probably (honestly) just be chucking the smaller non breakable stuff like rail covers in the boxes without paying much attention, its a fairly understandable mistake.

Plus I like their free pens :P

I agree with Ehobby here. I hardly can see how someone can forget/not check to see if the rail panels were in there. I can understand that he would have thought you were BSing him and put that in his post claiming you were ripping them off. Calm down and give the guy a break. Sheesh. It takes a pretty big moron for somebody to not notice that the product is not in the packaging.

Ehobby is not out there to rip you off $10.

Ehobby has always responded quickly to my e-mails, questions, and does a great job with their sales. I've ordered from there many times, and will continue to.

But unless you're the one who got supposedly scammed, keep the childish "Don't Trust Ehobbyasia" to yourself. I can understand you being upset about this, but you're taking this a little too far.

Out of your $1371.34 spent at ehobbyasia, how much of that came just fine from them?

A great way to handle things like an adult. Just send a nasty email. Solves everything.

EDIT: I agree sigma, it could have been handled personally.

What are you talking about, I DID CHECK, I checked the day the parcel arrived and complained the same day, have you actually read this thread?

I complained the same day and my complaint was IGNORED for SIX DAYS and then I was accused of extortion.

How many of you posting here would be singing the praise for this company if you had been called a thief openly on this forum?

Hmmmmmm? Go on, just one of you put you hand up!

No one?

Well good, remember that when you sing the praise of the customer support of this company.

I for the record have bought several times from this company and not had a single problem.

When things go wrong, it seems they will ignore you, openly be smug about this and openly admit its because they don't deem it worthy of their attention as the email was a bit direct. Not rude or shocking like they implied, just direct. Then after ignoring the customer, they insult that customer openly on this forum and then refuse to apologise. Then a half hearted apology is offered, but not before asking for this thread to be deleted and for people to stop stiring!

Yes, Andrews language on this forum was rather unfortunate but he was rightly upset. I know I would have been.

I won't be buying from them again, just in case something does not arrive and they call me a thief on this forum.

No thanks.

Dang, sorry to be harsh but Wow, people like EHA who made a very small mistake have to but up with little punks like that guy, having spent 3 time's the amount with ehobbyasia that crazy fool has, I can assure everyone that EHA = Made a very small honest mistake.

On a side note, if you go through life demanding things in life acting like a jerk, you are more than likely going to get crapped on time and time again. No wonder they put your email on the bottom of the stack, had I been them, I would have just left you good-less, that way I don't have to deal with that kind of senseless crud.

Good luck at trying to childishly bash an honest retailer in your toy gun forum signature. ;)

The amount I quoted was the amount I have spent in the last six months, I shudder to think how much I have spent in the last four years.

The fact here wasn't the missing item, it was the fact that my complaint had been ignored and that I have been accused publicly of extortion, if you really can't grasp that simple concept then please don't make a comment on something that don't understand, it tends to make you stupid.

Thanks General,

The bottom line is this:

1) should this have been handled privately, YES, if ehobbyasia had answered my simple email (Please send replacement rail panels).

2) ehobbyasia's customer services rep should NEVER have accused me of extortion on a public forum.

3) ehobbyasia's rep should have done the manly thing and apologised for his accusation straight away instead of turning it into some kind of joke.

I have never been so insulted by any company, it's not how much I have spent, nor is it about the item that was missing, this is about being libelled on a public forum where I have many items for sale and my own reputation to protect.

I am quite sure that some people here wouldn't be so flippant about this if they had received a phone call the day before saying they had lost their job, but then again perhaps most of them aren't old enough to have jobs.

Well, you are right on all three points, but that doesn't make you innocent. It's obvious their CS handled this poorly. But as far as I can tell, you fired the first shot in this forum, making what was a minor private grievance public. Is that "extortion"? No, it's not, but it's also not an appropriate solution to the problem.

I can see where both sides are coming from here, and it seems like you're escalating it like crazy when there's just no need. I worked in web sales for a while, and you wouldn't believe some of the pure stupidity and intentional malice (and often both at the same time) that people will try to pull. Deal with enough customers and you start to develop a defensive mindset. A lot of people will move you to the back of the line if they don't like your attitude, it's just that most of them aren't dumb enough to admit that they're doing it.

One other thing. I'd be willing to bet that all this drama about "extortion" is part language barrier, as well.

No need to take any of this personally. No need to declare war on anyone over $10.

My take on it FWIW (awaits ehobby intimating that I'm stirring again) :rolleyes:

Andrew emailed them straight away when he realised the rails were missing.

E-hobby ignore him for 6 days

Andrew post on E-hobbys thread

Ehobby responds straight away accusing Andrew of Extortion and openly admits that they ignored his email and put it to the bottom of the pile (interestingly if there is a pile of emails/problems to sort........... does that not intimate something?)

E-hobby when prompted refuses to apologise :rolleyes:

Its only when more people comment - they make a half arsed apology (which I wouldn't personally have accepted if I had been in Andrews shoes) and ask for the comment to be deleted

One other thing. I'd be willing to bet that all this drama about "extortion" is part language barrier, as well.

Ok - this is quite possible (but E-hobby's English is pretty good at the start of the thread)

But to give them the benefit of the doubt What else could they have possibly meant?

Theft?

Fraud?

Deception?

?

?

?

sigma,

I see what you are trying to say, but if you have an open forum in which to air your complaints, which by the way is where the word forum comes from and you have tried to contact a company privately but have been ignored, how would you feel if you were told that your private complaint had been ignored and that you were an extorsionist, that you were trying to rip the company off.

It really isn't about the money at all, it is quite simply about being told my complaint was ignored and that I was trying to scam ehobbyasia.

I know how it makes me feel, it makes me feel like they don't give a ###### about the fact that I am loyal customer who has spent thousands of dollars with them in the last four years and it makes me quite frankly angry that I have been accused of something without any investigation into the matter, something which very well have a direct impact on my sales.

Luckily for me there are a couple of members here who have seen this incident in the propper light of day and have come to my defence, for which guys I am very gratefull.

It would have been a very simple matter for ehobbyasia to contact me privately and apologise, I would have simply said that everyone is capable of making a mistake and I would have accepted the apology for what is meant to be but no, it's okay for ehobbyasia to come on to these forums and tell us how people are trying to scam them but when the shoe is on the other foot it suddenly becomes something that I should take up with them privately.

There's a moral here for ehobbyasia..........people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

Again, thanks Scrunch and thanks General for coming to my defence and for recognising this for what it is.

Ive ordered loads of stuf from ehobbyasia over the last few years and never had a problem, but I have to say Im suprised and and little let down but this whole incedent, its a real shame that this has happened and just goes to show that years of building up a good reputation can be destroyed in one silly moment.

I used to order from Ehobbyasia, but I was deterred by their customer service. They decided to ignore all e-mails from me, and I did wait a full week for a response for those. They only said anything when I put up a paypal claim. I send back my bad product after getting an RMA on paypal, which I'm sure they're not the reason why they turned out to be lemons, but its still their responsibility. Wait for a bit, then I ask how I'm going to stay in contact with them once the claim is over, and of course don't get a response back on them as they just wait the two or three days left for the claim to die.

I should have just put it into a dispute, but I was waiting for a package to get to Hong Kong from from USA after all, so I wanted to be civilized about it. For me, all I wanted is my money back, of course I never got that and never got contact from ehobbyasia again, and its notable that even EHA's rep here isn't addressing it at all.

Imagine getting a lemon from your local airsoft shop and going in to return it. Imagine them telling you that its covered by warranty and that they'll do it. Imagine that you giving them the lemon and they go into the back room to put it somewhere and then come out and tell you that the store is closed and you have to leave. Now imagine then never talking back to you. That's how my experience with ehobbyasia felt like.

I think some of the responses here defending eha, should have read the thread from the start, and for the record $10 or not, you should get your goods.

Its not the amount that should ever be taken into account, some one not giving you product that you've paid for should be brought to light. Imagine going in to a shop buying a mars bar but being charging for two, would you just smile and go "Oh well, its only a mars bar price", no you wouldn't, so please stop about the amount and focus on the matter at hand.

So let me get this straight; Andrew didn't get his rails by some stupid and avoidable , yet small, mistake. He sent them an email which, let's be frank, was a bit blunt. Ehobby , understandably, requested proof. Andrew overreacts, makes a case which should have been private public and even contacts a lawyer :rolleyes: . He uses unnecessary language, Ehobby does no better, and here we are.

I find this thread ludicrously hilarious. All the furor, the slants, the insults. The persons and the companies involved are bad enough but the fact that these kinds of threads get carried on is sad. Carried on not just by a few stubbornly willed people but it is also ironically carried on by people who point this out, like me <_< .

So let me get this straight; Andrew didn't get his rails by some stupid and avoidable , yet small, mistake. He sent them an email which, let's be frank, was a bit blunt. Ehobby , understandably, requested proof and publicy accused Andrew of Extotion. Andrew reacts, makes a case which should have been private public and even contacts a lawyer owing to ehobbyasia publicly accusing him of extortion :rolleyes: . Ehobby declines to apologise He uses unnecessary language, Ehobby does no better, and here we are.

I find this thread ludicrously hilarious. All the furor, the slants, the insults. The persons and the companies involved are bad enough but the fact that these kinds of threads get carried on is sad. Carried on not just by a few stubbornly willed people but it is also ironically carried on by people who point this out, like me <_< .

EFA

;)

There is a small insight to all this palava you are all missing....as soon as the item leaves on their international journey they are exposed to many chances for opportunist thieves or just plain idiots, to spoil their safe coveyance to their intended destination, thus resulting in upset customers, unfortunately many take their frustration out on the very person they need to help them, but regardless of how we judge what is an appropriate way to communicate with each other we have got to accept some we win some we lose.

Archived