Introduction

The Flyye Fast EDC is a multipurpose backpack, which can be utilized in a number of ways. With its utilization of a blast belt built into the backpack, you are given extra support, as well as the capability to mount pouches you may need during play, with the molle system. (The molle system is a system utilized by military’s around the world, and has become just about the standard for mounting gear onto various pieces of gear)

Before we go into further detail about this backpack, I would like to introduce myself a bit more. While it is true that I help Flyye with some marketing, I do not gain anything from this review. I was told to write a independent review of a product. I found this backpack to be quite intriguing, and decided that it would be worth writing about. I was not “told” to give it a good review, rather voice my own opinions on the product, and express how I really feel.

So without further ado, let’s move on to what I really think about this backpack

Background

Well, I would like to first of all say that it is a product I found very helpful in two ways. The first way being that it is a great pack to have when you want to carry gear to the field. With it various pockets, you are able to separate the multiple pieces of equipment, in the many pockets the bag has. The other way is that you are able to actually use this backpack in place of a vest, while in game.

Due to its separate enclosures you are able to put the pieces you may use in game, all inside the bag. The most important thing being that you can mount your water bladder inside the backpack, and route the tube from the top of the back, and to any position you would like. Inside the main compartment is a big storage area, along with a smaller area toward the front which is separated via a piece of mesh.

As you will be able to see by the pictures, the bag has a vast amount of molle webbing. On the front you are greeted to molle at the very top of the pack, which also has a decent sized pocket. Directly under that is another section of molle, which can be flipped down to reveal another pocket, as well as a pocket on the back of the molle section which I just mentioned.

The last sets of pockets are on the very side of the backpack. While they may not be very large, they are perfect size for small items such as a small snack, or your cellular phone. Directly under the right side pocket is another pocket on the bottom. This pocket opens from the bottom to reveal a small storage area, with a hook at the top of it. This place is great to store your keys, because you can hook it on to the clip.

While it may seem like a lot from a backpack, it may only seem that way in pictures. It is actually a pretty decent sized bag, which can allow you to carry everything you may need while in game, and more. Personally I sometimes like to carry the backpack by itself, specifically when I use my M14 DMR, because it give me more freedom of movement, and also because of the fact that my PACA and MBSS sometimes get to be too much.

Usability

The most important thing is comfort. Of course being that this is a backpack, comfort can only be so much. However, I found it to be quite good. While the padding may not be as soft as some people may like it, it does provide some support. When you adjust the backpack by some of the many straps (and I mean many) it gets to be more comfortable.

This leads me perfectly into the next thing I would like to mention, the straps. While there are many of them, there is a system in place to keep them somewhat tidy. While it does work, the straps can still fall out, and just look plain messy. What I found to be quite useful, is to wrap the straps with tape after you have them set up, as well as putting them through the fasteners Flyye provides built into the backpack.

Quality

As far as quality goes, the bag is defiantly of high quality. I was told that this replica is actually more rigid and holds up better then the real one. How true that may be, I cannot say for sure, buy you can be the judge of that. The backpack, along with everything else Flyye makes is of 1000D Cordura, which is a high quality material. It is in fact the same material real gear company’s use, and has been proven to be a lot better than nylon and lesser quality material. If quality is an issue for you, this should be a no brainer.

The clips on the backpack are UTX Flex clips, and I would not expect them to break from getting hit from a BB. If it was to break it would have to be from a very close distance, with a gun shooting 400+ FPS.

Support

My only gripe about this backpack is that the padding for the back support could be a bit softer. However, you can only expect to get so much comfort from a backpack. With all the weight being in the back, the Flyye EDC does a good job of making it as comfortable as it can. The blast belt does add some support, as does the strap that hooks via UTX clips at the center of the main straps.

Final Thoughts

Overall I am very satisfied with this bag, and would love to answer any questions anyone may have about it. I also want everyone to know that I help Flyye gain popularity in the US because I believe it is good gear. People should not feel that they only have Pantac to deal with when it comes to gear of this quality. My goal for doing this review is that more people will see that Flyye is a good company, which sells quality items. Contrary to what some people may say, it is not “rubbish” gear. I challenge anyone who has used Flyye to tell me that it is not good quality gear.

I could go on rambling forever why I feel this backpack is convenient in many ways, but it would make no sense. You already know of what the bag can do, and the quality of it. If you feel that there is anything else that needs to be covered please feel free to contact me, and I will be able to answer any questions you may have.

If you would like to purchase your own bag, visit www.flyye.com and follow the directions.

Now on to the pictures taken with my rubbish camera. Enjoy =)

Now on to the pictures...

6e96318e.jpg

ac3b6e3e.jpg

60fa2413.jpg

7f4a9726.jpg

d9772247.jpg

30a70116.jpg

8c76f80f.jpg

a40e45e2.jpg

So...

you dont work for Flyye, but you do marketing work for them.

That means they pay you.

That means this review will (unfortunately) generate interest in what is obviously a rip off of a TAD gear pack. That means they will (unfortunately) generate income. That means they will be able to pay you.

That means...you are benefiting from this review, and you are supporting another company that is stealing from others, people whom I happen to know.

Flyye doesnt pay to noone my friend, it is the same thing as you would help promote your friends TAD Gear brand. I wont discuss the rightneous of Chinese reproduction, but this is bussiness and it is whats China has been doing for last 7 years in all aspects so get over it. People want Chinese products like this, its what buyers demand, so don't blame it all on companies. At least a decent brand is reproducting this backpack, not some fake low quality company and the Flyye's EDC (i have one myself) certainly meets the standards. TAD is priced at 300, flyye at around 150 (not sure) so it makes a perfect alternative for those who can't afford the TAD one.

Sorry for going offtopic mate. Just had to.

No problemo. Can you chime in on how you like yours thus far?

We also ALL know that this is a copy of another item. This is not really news. It's a alternative to the expensive real gear, with the quality being very good, and will last quite a bit.

Also the forum would not allow me to post all of the pics. If you want to see the rest just Google it, and it will come up on some of the other forums I have it on. (Such as Arnies)

Edited by Vlado
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought it might be classy to at least mention the product it is imitating, since you didn't say any more than it being 'not the real one'.

Basically it is a clone of the TAD Gear EDC (I think the v3 actually, but that is no longer carried) available here http://www.tadgear.com/shop.php?id=776

I would also note, that Cordura is nylon, so the claim that it is way better than "nylon and lesser quality materials" could be seen as a bit disingenuous.

Anyway, it looks like a nice bag, I hope it holds up.

• 3 weeks later...