Viva M1919A4 .30 cal MG!

Guinness

Woohoo! Viva has announced (found this over at .EU, I did ;)) they are working on a Browning M1919A4 .30 Cal MG for the allies!! Finally!

viva_browning_3012.jpg

Well, let's hope they make more than the 10 they apparently made of the MG34 <_<

...and that it doesn't cost a billionty dollars either!

Either way, as some wise Airsoftinista has already said, seems like 2010 may well be an outstanding year for WWII Airsoft!

Slainte!

Wow. That is cool. Will it include the tripod as well?

Darn it all!! This had better NOT come out prior to the AGM MG-42.

Let the airsoft arms race begin. :)

I don't think AGM will be releasing that this year my friend- It was scheduled for last year before the 'People's Airsoft Toy Cultural Revolution' and the 'great day of mourning' when they destroyed guns and shut down factories and arrested owners...and there was crying and wailing and gnashing of teeth... :P

We all read reports that AGM was retooling to release the Russian PPSH41 this year, however there has been doubt cast on that and when Hexigon and Ares announced that they were also releasing one, the information on the AGM product kinda....vanished off those sites. So, reading between the lines, I'm guessing that we won't see a MG42 anytime soon :(

Nice, unfortunately what with it being Viva it'll either not actually be made in any numbers and therefore not be stocked by anyone and ridiculously expensive or actually make it to the shops and turn out to be an overpriced P.O.S. with the build quality of a low end chinese springer, yes Viva Sten and Mauser optics I'm looking at you.

Nice, unfortunately what with it being Viva it'll either not actually be made in any numbers and therefore not be stocked by anyone and ridiculously expensive or actually make it to the shops and turn out to be an overpriced P.O.S. with the build quality of a low end chinese springer, yes Viva Sten and Mauser optics I'm looking at you.

Spot on Hunter512. You may be able to see one in an airsoft catalogue, but the chances of it being a decent price and actually working remain to be seen. The AGM Sten *suitcases* all over the Viva model.

I'll buy one if i can replace the ugly grip. Thatt's the only thing I don't like about it.

....speechless :huh:

That's the way they were made dude, they didn't really have 'designer' guns back then :P

Well I guess there was a wooden spade grip affair like so:

MVC-214S.jpg

or the A6 version like this:

1919A6.jpg

But IMHO saying I don't like it that way is kinda like saying "I'd have a Mustang, if it looked more like a Camaro" isn't it? ;)

.30cals are already available:

http://www.shootnscoot.co.uk/custom_guns_30cal.php

http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/php/phpBB2/vi...f=11&t=9535

Considering Viva put a £350 pricetag on thier Sten I shudder to think what they've priced this at.

Well...when you say 'available', that's from your perspective living in GB right? I mean the shipping and customs hassles getting these to say, the US or Australia will be a wee bit different as compared to something coming in a big container on a ship from Asia I would think right?

So as folks like to remind us Yanks that there are other places and countries on the planet, I'd say the same here lol! Those dealers, well more correctly, one 'dealer' and one very excellent craftsman building on a very small scale are all well and good for folks where you are, but still pretty different for the rest of us :D

Also, the handmade M1919 won't be a "perfect replica" as stated, sorry to say- don't get me wrong, it is excellent work and light years ahead of anything I could make, but looking at the build pictures it's immediately obvious that it will not be a perfect replica due to the way it's being put together. Again, no offense :)

Personally I doubt we will ever see a Viva .30 cal for sale at WGC or anyone other than maybe, just maybe Redwolf or someone like that, solely based on how they did the MG34. But that gun was only $700 bucks as I remember- this one is stated to come with the tripod and the metal ammo box, so I would expect it to be in the $1100, $1200 range, that's just a guess. But take the VFC M1918 BAR, we are expecting a clone of that soon- and the Viva Sten is another perfect example of this- look at the AGM. And the PPSH41's coming out. My point is, no, us mere mortals likely won't see a Viva .30 cal, but we should expect that another factory will produce them in mass quantities soon thereafter.

...that is of course, assuming the end of the clone era hasn't actually already happened as has been predicted for years, but based on stock levels around the shops....appears more and more everyday to be a reality.... :(

Slainte!

I've noticed in the UK that SRC seems to have replaced a lot of clones on websites such as airsoft world and action hobbies, I think the clones will be back just that it is going to take a while for them to get back on track.

This does indeed make me want to whip out the credit card and buy, but I hate to admit this, I do prefer the spade handle look to the original grip.

Edit:- Funny how when I was a kid I wanted to be odd ball, but now its more big joe.

Well...when you say 'available', that's from your perspective living in GB right? I mean the shipping and customs hassles getting these to say, the US or Australia will be a wee bit different as compared to something coming in a big container on a ship from Asia I would think right?

So as folks like to remind us Yanks that there are other places and countries on the planet, I'd say the same here lol!

As none of us have domestic airsoft production going on, its more or less the same for all the countries mentioned. SnS are priced high by anyone's standards, due to the exclusivity of what they do, I don't know if I could stomach paying that much for one within the UK, let alone adding international shipping & import to the price. All i'm saying is, there are 'options', unlike some weapons.

My point is, no, us mere mortals likely won't see a Viva .30 cal, but we should expect that another factory will produce them in mass quantities soon thereafter.

The airsoft enthusiast inside of me hopes this is the case. However, the Fallschirmjaeger/Soldat inside of me hopes it doesn't come too soon :P .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived