ACM SUSAT

GnGArmament

About $30 cheaper than the STAR/ARES one but still very expensive. For that price I can get an actually usable scoope that doesn't feel like peeking through a keyhole.

Actually I put an ACOG TA31 RDS onto my L85 which costs half the price, much more usable in airsoft and should replace the SUSAT in the future anyway.

Actually I put an ACOG TA31 RDS onto my L85 which costs half the price, much more usable in airsoft and should replace the SUSAT in the future anyway.

The ACOG isnt replacing the SUSAT, its the ElCan Spectre that has been announced as the SUSATs replacement. Although, ACOGs are being issued to troops at the moment.

Looking at the wing-nuts on that, it certainly isn't made in the same place Star ones were.

Interesting to note that you can now buy a high-end SUSAT that's illuminated.

That probably means that whoever was supplying the original optics tubes were left with a job-lot of them gathering dust.

This might have prompted them to have these made, just to get rid of surplus optics tubes.

Not sure about the price either.

Admittedly, it was a couple of years ago but the last time I purchased a SUSAT it was $90 from eHobby Asia.

I based the version on this Post . I've read some articles about MOD movin to ACOG with pics and all but I can't seem to find the now.

OT Warning ..

http://www.elcan.com/ELCAN_News/Bulletins/...ceSupplier.html

Looks like the MoD has ordered around 10k Elcans as part of a phase one order.

Any replica spectre's around?

"and so will still have less than a gnats cock of eye-relief"

To be fair the eye relief on RS Susat's is pretty poor as well mate IIRC. The question I've got about this is is it gonna be on a RIS base or on an SA80 style base as I still want to build a Stalker style LR300.

"and so will still have less than a gnats cock of eye-relief"

To be fair the eye relief on RS Susat's is pretty poor as well mate IIRC. The question I've got about this is is it gonna be on a RIS base or on an SA80 style base as I still want to build a Stalker style LR300.

Yes the SUSATs eye relief is incredibly poor... This ACM SUSAT goes onto a 3/8" dovetail rail, or at least thats what im assuming when it says "Will fit L85 Rail" but definitely wont fit the 20mm pictanny rails.

If youre talking about the Spectre, there is no airsoft replica yet.... But they will be f***ing expensive if they do come out... Being able to switch between 6x and 1.5x zoom is no easy feat....

Says in the link that it won't fit a 20mm rail.

If youre talking about the Spectre, there is no airsoft replica yet.... But they will be f***ing expensive if they do come out... Being able to switch between 6x and 1.5x zoom is no easy feat....

Why do people keep saying soom when they mean magnifacation, 1.5x or 6x is a magnifactation a zoom is the ability to change magnifacation. Zooms are easy to replicate aswell, beem countless cheap zooms around fro years, all tha would be really needed would a suitable casing to bung a few lenses in. A far better option would be to make one as a redot and forget magnifacation. A redot Spectre, or SUSAT for that matter, would sell like hotcakes!

Why do people keep saying soom when they mean magnifacation, 1.5x or 6x is a magnifactation a zoom is the ability to change magnifacation. Zooms are easy to replicate aswell, beem countless cheap zooms around fro years, all tha would be really needed would a suitable casing to bung a few lenses in. A far better option would be to make one as a redot and forget magnifacation. A redot Spectre, or SUSAT for that matter, would sell like hotcakes!

Agreed a red dot SUSAT would be awesome, id get one as soon as possible!

With the zoom/magnification thing, which ever you say, people get what you mean, its like weight and mass.....

Yes the SUSATs eye relief is incredibly poor... This ACM SUSAT goes onto a 3/8" dovetail rail, or at least thats what im assuming when it says "Will fit L85 Rail" but definitely wont fit the 20mm pictanny rails.

To be pedantic, the L85 does NOT have a 3/8" dovetail rail.

Given that you can clampn ACOG to it, common sense dictates it's almost 20mm wide. Probably around 19mm or 3/4".

A 3/8" dovtail rail is (IIRC) what you get on an air rifle and it is WAY smaller than the dovetail rail on the L85.

To be pedantic, the L85 does NOT have a 3/8" dovetail rail.

Given that you can clampn ACOG to it, common sense dictates it's almost 20mm wide. Probably around 19mm or 3/4".

A 3/8" dovtail rail is (IIRC) what you get on an air rifle and it is WAY smaller than the dovetail rail on the L85.

Sorry, you are right, i was thinking of air rifles when i posted, i also measured my STAR L85 rail and is indeed a 3/4".

Archived