MAGPUL MOE Trigger Guard (FDE)

MAGPUL AFG (FDE)

Wants/Needs:

M4 length Gas Tube

Buffer Tube or Receiver Sling Mount

CQD Rail Sling Mount?

Rail Covers?

-Piano

Piano Black- your timing with the AFG could not have been better with AZN desperate to put on on his. Really nice gun. IMHO, needs optics. Aimpoint, or EoTech. I think the ole' Magpul and Micro-dot wouldn't look nice on an LBR.

And to AZN- why not use the AFG on your Scar, or your Larue/Magpul rifle?

Piano Black- your timing with the AFG could not have been better with AZN desperate to put on on his. Really nice gun. IMHO, needs optics. Aimpoint, or EoTech. I think the ole' Magpul and Micro-dot wouldn't look nice on an LBR.

And to AZN- why not use the AFG on your Scar, or your Larue/Magpul rifle?

SCAR's at home, MBR is at teammate's house XD.

Coming up next - AFG on a P90 luls.

Components:

KJW M4A1

SOCOM Gear DD MK18 RIS II (FDE)

5KU DD Low Profile Gas Block

MAGPUL Milspec MOE Buttstock (FDE)

MAGPUL MBUS Set (FDE)

MAGPUL MOE Grip (FDE)

MAGPUL MOE Trigger Guard (FDE)

MAGPUL AFG (FDE)

Wants/Needs:

M4 length Gas Tube

Buffer Tube or Receiver Sling Mount

CQD Rail Sling Mount?

Rail Covers?

-Piano

Seperated at birth?

IMG_1087.jpg

Still not finished, but if I like the PTS ACR enough ill just sell it.

Yes. Hes right. I only show that side because it looked a bit more like his.

Last thing i got for it was a G&P Aimpoint. But I'm sure I'll love the ACR more, so can just use Aimpoint for that. (The wait for its release is killing me inside!)

I also use all PTS PMAGs with it. (7 total. Best midcaps ever.) Again, will be used with ACR, along with the MBUS and rail cover.

Edited by Mr Foxhound

Went to a game for the first time in a year or so :D, got some reports :P

AFG: This thing, IMO, REALLY works. Great for barrel control, quick aiming, and the works - my arm doesn't strain over time when holding the rifle up compared to using a LaRue FUG w/ thumb break. I'm still not used to holding the foregrip so far ahead, but I think that's just needed to get used to - I found myself sometimes just gripping my rail covers near the rear of the gun. In any case the grip is amazing - feels great, does what it's advertised to do, and overall makes holding the gun less stressful/tiring. Of course, this probably won't apply to most shooters, but from my perspective, it's definitely worth the money.

Though keep in mind, some of the forward part of the AFG is thick, so anything mounted on the side rails might not work with the AFG. I had to take off my QD sling mount - the grip pushed my XTM's aside a bit, but otherwise they were fine.

MS2: I have an ACM version, but build-wise/quality wise it's pretty similar. I used it for a while with my ASAP plate on my M4 - very comfortable and maneuverable. Later though my torque motor stripped my gears/piston, so I had to stop using my M4 (sad me) and move on to my P90 (yay high ROF gun). I had made my own sling mount near the rear for the 1-pt config, then used a metal sling plate for the front for 2-pt configs. The front plate was way too thin to lock completely, so a few times during 2-pt usage the front sling just snapped off - this can be solved with a bigger sling hole/ring/mount.

Otherwise, with the P90 it works very well - I would have liked to see the 2-pt usage during transportation, as I was tired of holding the thing around all day. One complaint I have is that over time, the weapon tends to lower into the -quote/unquote Simon Pegg- "scrotal zone", which makes walking with the gun down...annoying XD. I don't know if the sling is meant for this, but I personally rather like my weapon held higher, stabilized near my right shoulder, which was the case with my older G&P bungee sling. Still, I will continue to use the MS2 sling, as it truly is "adaptable" and easily adjustable for many situations.

I didn't have gloves lol...forgot my Mechanix ones at my dorm room. Though I will say using the clip is very quick - detach, put on 2nd sling mount, and you got yourself a 2-pt system. There's a nice extra feature where there's a "wheel lock", where you turn a small wheel to lock the latch, so where you can't open it.

The other way around, on the other hand, might be a bit harder. The 1-pt mount system is a bit harder to mount back, since the ring is pretty small and the sling nylon takes up a considerable space on it.

I also field tested my AFG and my MS2 (ACM) today with excellent results. The AFG was amazing. Simply put, I love it. And I had at least 10 people ask me what it was lol. But in all seriousness, it was extremely comfortable. The MS2 was also really nice with my ASAP. I shoot righty, and I don't shoot much lefty, but when I need to the ASAP and MS2 really help. Otherwise, I was using the MS2 as a standard 1-pt sling and it worked just fine.

Edited by Kiki-Jiki