Magpul Picture Thread

I guess it must be different with a bullpup.

I was taught to cant the weapon over and fit the mag sideways, keeping it pointed in a safe direction at all times.

Actually, since I am on the subject, I once got thrown off a range by a Para for letting my weapon hang on the sling with a mag in it like the dude in the white top.

Different strokes...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be more of a range rule though, I know some ranges that forces you to keep the gun pointing down range since if a shot discharges at an angle it'll shoot over the bern...Same reason why you are flagged/DQ for your muzzle direction in IPSC?

same old Magpul stuff from me....

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

How comfortable/practical do you find it being located that close in mate?

you mean the AFG? It 's quite more comofortable than no grip or vertical grip, actually I was quite surprised it felt that good.

Would it be more of a range rule though, I know some ranges that forces you to keep the gun pointing down range since if a shot discharges at an angle it'll shoot over the bern...Same reason why you are flagged/DQ for your muzzle direction in IPSC?

same old Magpul stuff from me....

http://www.pbase.com/racingmaniac/image/12...08/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/racingmaniac/image/12...10/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/racingmaniac/image/12...12/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/racingmaniac/image/12...14/original.jpg

That looks cool dude. I like the stippling on the panels.

that's a nice piece you got there racingmaniac. ;)

finally got a AFG.

http://i49.tinypic.com/r8s7iw.jpg

I like it. How's the height of the optic? I've had trouble in the past with it being too low and prefer a 1/3 lower co-witness. I'm not a fan of how the high LaRue mount looks, but it sure is at the right height for me.

How comfortable/practical do you find it being located that close in mate?

Keep in mind that the position of the AFG should be adjusted to the shooter, and there's no "right" way to position it ... simply what's best for the individual. I noticed at Carbine 1&2 that Travis and Chris didn't position the AFG in the same locations on their rails. Travis liked his all the way in front, Chris preferred his a little further in, about mid way back. We all have different arm lengths etc. I had my AFG pretty far forwards at the start of the second day (I used the KAC handstop the first day) and moved the AFG back mid way after realizing my own preferred position for it during weapon side urban prone. Travis and Chris was pretty candid about the AFG: You need to place it in a position that works for your body and in a way that is a good compromise between speed and accuracy. If you need to move it more forwards, you might need a longer rail. It's not about comfort, it's about control. It's a "theory based" product ... so it might work for you and then again it might not. If it's not working for you definitely take it off.*

* I'm paraphrasing but that's basically what they said. ;)

I like it. How's the height of the optic? I've had trouble in the past with it being too low and prefer a 1/3 lower co-witness. I'm not a fan of how the high LaRue mount looks, but it sure is at the right height for me.

For me it's perfect actually. I was thinking it might still be a bit too low but surprisingly it's on the right height for me.

All I needed was a G&P rail riser.

Edited by NeoVeNoM

That before or after Chris called you a cock fag on that drill? :P

But seriously, you should NOT be running AFGs based on what looks cool. You need to run them on what FEELS best. And be honest with yourselves. Just because you bought the AFG doesn't mean you need to force yourself to use it. Simply put if it doesn't feel better, then move on. I run an AFG on two of my guns, but the AFG absolutely will NOT work for my Larue SBR. Hence it's a theory based product.

QUOTE (hugh_b @ Jan 31 2010, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seems very nicely made buddy! Very bright, more of a concentrated beam as opposed to a flood, but that suits me fine! Lights up rooms easily. A fair bit brigther than a standard real one. It even has surefire trades! Only £26 delivered from rsov too!

where did you buy the flashlight?

Edited by kingdong
Keep in mind that the position of the AFG should be adjusted to the shooter, and there's no "right" way to position it ... simply what's best for the individual. I noticed at Carbine 1&2 that Travis and Chris didn't position the AFG in the same locations on their rails. Travis liked his all the way in front, Chris preferred his a little further in, about mid way back. We all have different arm lengths etc. I had my AFG pretty far forwards at the start of the second day (I used the KAC handstop the first day) and moved the AFG back mid way after realizing my own preferred position for it during weapon side urban prone. Travis and Chris was pretty candid about the AFG: You need to place it in a position that works for your body and in a way that is a good compromise between speed and accuracy. If you need to move it more forwards, you might need a longer rail. It's not about comfort, it's about control. It's a "theory based" product ... so it might work for you and then again it might not. If it's not working for you definitely take it off.*

Just in case it came across that way, I wasn't knocking NeoVenom's setup at all, quite the opposite. I just plan on sticking an AFG on to some MOE handguards, so it would obviously end up being very close to the receiver; and seeing as most people are bolting it further out I'm just after opinions of whether it could work at that close in position or not. I've no idea just yet if it will work for me at all to be honest, but I find the thumb break grip to be the best for me so I'm just going to give the AFG a shot and see how it goes.

But seriously, you should NOT be running AFGs based on what looks cool. You need to run them on what FEELS best. And be honest with yourselves. Just because you bought the AFG doesn't mean you need to force yourself to use it. Simply put if it doesn't feel better, then move on. I run an AFG on two of my guns, but the AFG absolutely will NOT work for my Larue SBR. Hence it's a theory based product.

I'd agree entirely, personally I take pictures of my airsoft guns in the setups that I've tried out and will skirmish with. This may only be airsoft, but I think having a good control over your weapon and a method that suits you should certainly take precedence over looks any day of the week; unless it's just a wall hanger anyway.

Just in case it came across that way, I wasn't knocking NeoVenom's setup at all, quite the opposite. I just plan on sticking an AFG on to some MOE handguards, so it would obviously end up being very close to the receiver; and seeing as most people are bolting it further out I'm just after opinions of whether it could work at that close in position or not. I've no idea just yet if it will work for me at all to be honest, but I find the thumb break grip to be the best for me so I'm just going to give the AFG a shot and see how it goes.

Sorry, it wasn't directed specifically at you. I've just noticed a lot of people trying to figure out the appropriate way to use the AFG, and after using it for three days straight and firing off a couple thousand rounds of 5.56mm, I've understood that the right way to use it varies from person to person significantly. That's all I was trying to say. ;)

Ironically far more than I've fired in a 2 1/2 year career as a military armourer, go figure.

Fair point though on the usage, makes a lot of sense really considering the whole idea behind it; either way it bridges the gap between a VFG and the flat of your handguard which is a good thing purely within itself. Anyway, first few bits arrived yesterday for the next weapon that's in the works:

P2030104.jpg

It would appear the only run of OD CTRs PTS did was some time ago and they didn't come with the rubber pad at that time, anyone know if the upgrade ones (the 0.7" for example) come with the 2 mounting the screws?