Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lookin' all those Magpul, Aimpoint , Larue, DD beauties I decided to make one my own. So most of things are decided and choose by personal needs, but I need an advice regarding aiming devices (BUS, red dot, and magnifier relation)

Thinking of:

Magpul MBUS (F and R),

Aimpoint T-1: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ea-t-1-micro-red-dot-sight-w-qd-high-mount.html

Magnifier: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ea-3x-magnifier-w-qd-twist-mount.html

Magnifier mount: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ea-30mm-larue-tactical-qd-pivot-mount.html

In RS I can expect a real 1/3 co witnessing, perfect alignment between magnif and T1 (extremely important to me).

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME

WHAT I CAN EXPECT IN THIS AS WORLD

Thank You In advance and God Bless You all

I think you meant the anti-rotation link. they are there to retain the hammer/trigger pins. As this is a WA-system GBBR(WOC actually), the pins are functional and usually develop a bit of slop after you've removed them a few times and usage, installing that helps such that there are no chance for the pins to back out.

Edited by RacingManiac

With that setup, the further forwards you push the AFG the more you'll notice the front QD sling mount will interfere with your reaction hand's grip. I'd use the rail's rear QD mount. That'll feel a little less secure when in 2 point mode, but you'll probably find the rifle is more usable in that configuration (the sling not getting in the way of the reaction arm) and the QD mount won't interfere with gripping your AFG or activating a light if you had one. The sling's important, but your ability to use the rifle with maximum control and accuracy is paramount and nothing should get in the way of that.

If you need to move the AFG forward, and start to run out of rail space, you may need a longer rail. But from the looks of it, you can probably move the AFG forward another couple inches and although the front 1 inch of the AFG won't be gripping anything, the rest of it including the part with the bolt that holds the AFG to the rail still has enough rail contact so you should be fine.

Gun looks nice BTW.

Edited by uscmCorps

Well if you checked out there product listing before the new look of their page, you would of notice that they stated manufacturer of their products. The ladder rail cover and pressure switch mount were stated that they are made by Falcon Industries Inc. I believe all of Magpul's rail cover are made by Ergo/Falcon Industries Inc., however some design are made exclusively to Magpul. And UDE color is an exclusive color to Larue Tactical from Mapgul made by Egro/Falcon Industries Inc.

Att:Alex

As long you follow this guide, you should be good.

Magpul doesn't even make ladder rail covers, Ergo/ Falcon Industries Inc. does.

@Reincarnation...

Great guide… actually as committed larue user I’m pretty aware about this guide …but somewhere I found that particular aimpoint replica that I purchased with a mount is a taller than original…. And all my doubts came from that fact.

And to be honest ….I’m little ashamed using “illegally copied”, but unfortunately I can acquire all those RS stuff thru official channel of my unit. And for sure it is not “airsoft use” approved. <_<

Anyhow thx for the effort....

I see what you mean but Magpul don't really "make" anything.

In this case they will have thought, "What's the point in having something manufactured when there really isn't any way we can improve on it."

I suppose you could say that they are "Magpul approved".

I got a PTS BAD lever for my WE M4 this week.

It is a nice piece of design, it feels very natural. Not that much quicker when putting a new mag in on an open bolt but it makes pulling the cocking handle back and locking the bolt manually much more easy.

You don't need to be a juggler or a T-1000 to pull it off.

Edited by amateurstuntman
I see what you mean but Magpul don't really "make" anything.

In this case they will have thought, "What's the point in having something manufactured when there really isn't any way we can improve on it."

I suppose you could say that they are "Magpul approved".

From what I recall, Ergo/Falcon is the OEM of the rail ladders that Magpul outsourced to but were designed by Magpul themselves. IIRC, Magpul products are designed internally and outsourced to local factories. Ergo/Falcon is one of those outsourced company/factories.

* Edit : It should also be mentioned that most RS companies that sell polymer products outsource the manufacturing of those products to dedicated factories. The only stuff that is usually done in house is usually metal machine work, and Magpul Industries doesn't have much in the way of that in their product line.

Edited by uscmCorps

uscmCorps

If you need to move the AFG forward, and start to run out of rail space, you may need a longer rail. But from the looks of it, you can probably move the AFG forward another couple inches and although the front 1 inch of the AFG won't be gripping anything, the rest of it including the part with the bolt that holds the AFG to the rail still has enough rail contact so you should be fine.

Gun looks nice BTW.

Thats how my AFG is. Its still just as sturdy as it would be on the rail all the way. The screw holds it in nicely. I think the farther the AFG is the more comfortable it is for me. But Id still use it on a shorter gun. Its super comfortable.

Edited by Mr Foxhound