Magpul Picture Thread

Posted my M4 last week with a UBR on but I've since removed it and put it onto an SPR as it was too long for the short front end I have fitted.

I've refitted my original parts and I think she looks all the better for it:

post-12010-1266971699_thumb.jpg

Alternative front end can be fitted in a few minutes if I have an armourers wrench handy:

post-12010-1266971709_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tis nice... The mis-matched colours look kinda cool; is the PEQ not blocking the front sight, or is that just camera angle?

When you shoulder the rifle and look down the aimpoint you can't see the PEQ at all.

Unfortunately I can't get the PEQ in FG, the rails are a temporary measure until I get some XTM covers. That said I may get a mixed bunch anyway rather that one colour.

The all matching colours thing used to bother me (hence buying the full FG set for the standard front end) now I'm just not arsed. If it's comfy, works and isn't luminous colours I'm happy.

Ahhh i meant it looked kinda like it'd stop the MBUS from flipping up, but on second glance it looks like they clear it. I got a pack of ACM XTM's (8 of each colour), and i'm quite liking the FG/OD combination. I've got the black ones on the bottom rail 'n all. They're a right PITA to remove though! Maybe do half DE half OD? Would look good with the DE PEQ i reckon.

i just ordered my AFG for my ..... wait for it.......... MK14 Proto :D

ill have some magpul goodies for my SR16 URX before long, ive had to get a few things that were of a higher priority than stuff just to make my weapons look dam fine.

here is my take on how it will look, minus a surefire of some discription.

just to give you an idea, still debating weither to have it black or FDE or maybe FG

myweapon5-1.jpg

Edited by Fellowz

well sir theres nothing wrong with FDE lol. finally finished need to get a 553 tan holo sight and a CTR stock. anyone have any suggestions of what other optics would look good?

please ignore the MS2 sling clip being in the wrong place lol.

DSC01254.jpg

DSC01257.jpg

Edited by kingdong
i just ordered my AFG for my ..... wait for it.......... MK14 Proto :D

ill have some magpul goodies for my SR16 URX before long, ive had to get a few things that were of a higher priority than stuff just to make my weapons look dam fine.

here is my take on how it will look, minus a surefire of some discription.

just to give you an idea, still debating weither to have it black or FDE or maybe FG

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/Fel...myweapon5-1.jpg

You do realize your gun looks more SR15 than SR16, right? Your picture looks more like a SR15 with a 14.5" barrel thanks to the midlength URX. Does the URX you're looking to use have the integrated front BUIS or is it the older style ... I ask because you've got a MBUS on the front. It'd suck if the MBUS flipped forwards while mounted on the part of the rail that's actually the integrated front BUIS. Another thing to bare in mind is that with that setup, you won't be able to fold down the front MBUS as the XTM panels will get in the way. Not the end of the world ... just something to keep in mind.

You do realize your gun looks more SR15 than SR16, right? Your picture looks more like a SR15 with a 14.5" barrel thanks to the midlength URX. Does the URX you're looking to use have the integrated front BUIS or is it the older style ... I ask because you've got a MBUS on the front. It'd suck if the MBUS flipped forwards while mounted on the part of the rail that's actually the integrated front BUIS. Another thing to bare in mind is that with that setup, you won't be able to fold down the front MBUS as the XTM panels will get in the way. Not the end of the world ... just something to keep in mind.

It's pimp my gun, cut the guy a break.... :rolleyes:

-OGGY

ahh i have had no idea what it resembles ive either called an sr16 or an sr15

anyways

the front of my SR15 is actually the front end of a SR25 URX the g&p kit that has been around for a while, i installed this to my reciever back in 2006 when i couldnt find a single front end i liked the look of and i couldnt afford an SR25 so it does not have the ironsight built into it hence why i want the MBUIS, ah thats a shame with the XTM's i may end up putting a PEQ-15 on the top so i dont think ill have room for XTM's so i should be able to fold the MBUIS.

the SR25 URX kit game with that god awful gas block which i have now changed to a DyTac(?) Vltr stainless gas block, and ive filed down the end of the forend to make it a little more streamline and to look more like the SR15 front end's so ive just got to wait till my next pay to splurge on magpul goods for the SR15.

cheers uscmCorps

OGGY - yup i get very bored in work so i went into the computer room to do "paper work" and ended up doing 5 different AR's and a MAG K on pimp my gun, time shot when i was doing that.

makes work bareable!

Edited by Fellowz
It's pimp my gun, cut the guy a break.... :rolleyes:

-OGGY

Wasn't trying to give him a hard time. Just trying to point out some things that might not have occurred to him. On the basis that he might be building the gun, I wanted to help him go about it as cheaply as possible and starting with a SR16 would be more work and more expensive than starting with a SR15.

Do you mean the gas block? Im getting confused? lol

It's that part you attach at the end of your barrel, similar to your flash hider.

Triple Tap Brake... i have no idea what it does or how it does it in the real steel world, but it looks cool.

A Triple Tap Brake (TTB) is just one of the many types of a muzzle brake. A muzzle brake's function is to reduce muzzle climb/rise and recoil. I hope that helps. ;)

Edited by lambolurker

I figured it'd be something along those lines; So am i right in thinking a brake reduces muzzle climb/recoil, and a flash-hider reduces the blast of flame at the muzzle to make it less visible?

*edit* And somegirls - I'm so painfully jealous of the 2022. Does it shoot as good as it looks? I'm praying for a bonus this month, i'm considering a pair of them they look so damn pretty...

Edited by hwagan