Magpul Picture Thread

Lambo, since I see you tried mimicking the PEQ photo I did of my Knights guns, my photo suggestion would be darken your lighting and do a longer exposure, you'll be happier with the results. And the laser beams will stand out more.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lambo, since I see you tried mimicking the PEQ photo I did of my Knights guns, my photo suggestion would be darken your lighting and do a longer exposure, you'll be happier with the results. And the laser beams will stand out more.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that tonight. ;)

I've done a comparison and in all honesty, the only differences I see are:

-the material: the PTS uses a different polymer which results it being a bit more shiny than the RS and affects the colour ever-so-slightly

-dimensions: screws are different sizing (Metric on the PTS), but actualy grip dimensions are close to identical. I've also noticed the PTS AFG is a bit tighter when sliding it onto the rail.

-markings: duh..

In reality, do these things affect the performance and functionality of the AFG on an airsoft gun? Well, no. Not at all!

Just to point out, I didn't go for the RS version because I think it's functionally superior in any way, it's just that as usual PTS hasn't come out with a full range of colours for yet another product release so if I wanted to get OD I had to buy a real one. In terms of the UK (I'm not really qualified to comment on any other countries) I'd always advocate buying PTS over RS magpul. For airsoft usage, you're basically getting the exact same thing, but for less money.

Just to point out, I didn't go for the RS version because I think it's functionally superior in any way, it's just that as usual PTS hasn't come out with a full range of colours for yet another product release so if I wanted to get OD I had to buy a real one. In terms of the UK (I'm not really qualified to comment on any other countries) I'd always advocate buying PTS over RS magpul. For airsoft usage, you're basically getting the exact same thing, but for less money.

yes thats true i was just confused why someone would want an RS AFG over a pts, when im sure that the pts version is 10 times easier to get hold of in this country, no offense to the guys in the UK who have bought the real steal version i was just curious what difference there 'could' have been.

And as I learned from you, LIGHT A B*TCH UP.

Ie. Smoke helps the laz0r stand out

Thought I throw in a picture - all magpul goodies :D

One from this past weekend with the broskie (azngoonie313)

EDIT:

-I am on the left: VFC SR15E3 IWS w/ Magpul stuff FDE + Trijicon TR21

-Azngoonie313: Custom COLT SBR w/ Magpul stuff BLK

2010-03-20-HSP-Copy-1.jpg

-Shin

Edited by luvs2shoot

The S-system is definitely unique, i'm quite liking the looks of that.

Also, question about UBR's that the forum search inevitably fails to answer - Does running a lipo in the tube require removal of the whole friggin' stock to change the battery? If anyone could explain the procedure, i'd be very grateful... I want one on my MRP, but not if it's a nightmater to change sticks.

thanks giys , was going to build a full magpul M4 but then looking at the S-System i had"nt used it for waaaay to long and was thinking of selling it but then thought yea go with that to be a bit diffrent .

the magnifier came from ebaybanned viere the old ASCUK forums .

and from looking at my stock tube that came with it i"d say yes you would need to remove the whole gubbins to change batt"s as the stock tube has a small diameter hole in the end that i dought you could feed a batt through with out enlarging the hole a lot .

Edited by druid799

There's way too many MOE M4's these days anyway... I'd say get an MOE or a MIAD grip though, the A2 style looks a bit out of place.. That and they're as comfortable as holding broken glass.

Is anyone using a rear-wired gun with a UBR/Lipo set up? Any tips or suggestions on maybe modding it slightly to make it less of a hassle?

Stuff on my to buy list is things like Food, Cigarettes, Clothing, New shoes.... As important as those things all seem, my 'to buy' list is currently topped by an M203. I can survive 2 weeks without food; 2 weeks without a new piece of airsoft, i'm not so sure about..

The S-system is definitely unique, i'm quite liking the looks of that.

Also, question about UBR's that the forum search inevitably fails to answer - Does running a lipo in the tube require removal of the whole friggin' stock to change the battery? If anyone could explain the procedure, i'd be very grateful... I want one on my MRP, but not if it's a nightmater to change sticks.

You have to take off the stock, but it's not like other stocks. It's actually really really easy. You just extend the stock to the back, then push a button on the stock to release it completely. After that you just take off the little buffer tube cover with like a quarter or something. It would really only take a minute at most. I can access it WAY faster than getting a crane stock setup and hand guard setup. I'd recommend a UBR to anyone. They're awesome.