Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone having problems with the motor alignment using the Magpul PTS MIADs? I know its not lined up right since one its super scratchy sounding and two my pinion gears are getting chewed. Has anyone else experienced this?

Probably the wrong thread for this (maybe the mods can split and move it?) but I do find with all my MIADs I need to have the motor height screw quite "loose".

Is anyone having problems with the motor alignment using the Magpul PTS MIADs? I know its not lined up right since one its super scratchy sounding and two my pinion gears are getting chewed. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes. I've experienced that issue with G&P and G&G motors + PTS MIAD grip. The issue is that the circular part on top of the motor (opposite end of axis as pinion gear) is too large to fit into the pistol grip base plate hole. You need to dremmel off about 1mm of the circular thing on the motor until it fits, and then the motor should work.

For an actual legitimate and readable guide on how to do this, go to ASF and search for a guide by Eye Con. Or PM him or something. That is how I found out what to do.

I figured this would be the best place to ask and get the quickest answer. (Please excuse me if I should have started a new thread.) I just recently got the Magpul AFG today. I was wondering if anyone could tell me exactly how many rail panels it takes up. I plan on getting the MOE rail inserts but wasn't sure if I would need the large (11) or if I could get away with the medium. (5) If anyone could answer that would help quite a bit. Thanks.