Magpul Picture Thread

I know I don't care at all. I would just like people to realize that the Beta Project magazines are replica of Bulgarian Arsenal magazines and not a Magpul AK Pmag as seen with the MAG-K; you can't imagine how many ill-informed people in other forums like to spread incorrect information.

"Give credit where credit is due."

True, true.

Ah cool. Sweet rifle anyhow. Do you use a lipoly in the RIS?

Nope, in the buffer tube. Pretty much all my AR style guns have lipos in the buffer tube, makes it a lot easier when I can grab any gun and my regular lipo batteries. Plus I hate front wiring ... to me it's always a PITA when working on guns. I generally don't like to see wires which is also why I never use PEQ battery boxes although I have seen some people conceal the wires rather ingeniously. It' just not for me.
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivan - That thing is awesome. What brand is the rail? I'd quite like a longer upper assembly for my M7, but i can't seem to find an MRF that's longer than 7.0...

Speaking of Larue, I've got the parts to build my Larue 11.0/14.5 barreled upper coming this week =D Speaking of which, anyone know if a Big Dragon larue rail will go on a G&P body?

In all honesty mate, i'd forget the idea of the ACM Magpul body - The colour is an awful shade of vomit, the paint flakes at the slightest touch and the finish is generally terrible, not to mention trying to get a gearbox in one. I've known 3 people to own one - One ended up with a cracked lower from tapping in the front pin, one ended up with a snapped stock extension tube. One of the 3 i've seen ended up as a complete AEG, and the colour was so bloody awful it was upsetting to look at.

So as much as I am annoyed with the hard on everyone seems to have with magpul, it appears that I have succumbed to the dark side. I had been trying to figure out what kind of rifle I should build around one of my new ProWin gearboxes and I have finally come up with this:

myweapon.jpg

And so far, I have gotten to here:

100_3558.jpg

(the stupid flash made everything look all funny) (please ignore bro-in-law's rifle in background as well as the mess)

I still need to order a Firepig as well as a black MIAD. It also appears that I need to get another outer barrel that is about 1" shorter than mine so that I can shroud the firepig. Does anyone know how barrel lengths in airsoft are measured? When it says 10.5" is that from what sticks out of the receiver? Because Mine is supposedly a 12" but I measured it and it is 11" from the receiver. :huh:

In all honesty mate, i'd forget the idea of the ACM Magpul body - ...

Thanks for the warning, crisis averted.

I was about to say the weathered body looked good.dry.gif

Well, the natural wear on the lower is fine with me but I cracked it while replacing the trigger guard and the upper has about seven coats of Krylon on it. I'll probably just spray the body with Earth Brown Alumahyde, or get brave and do the whole gun.

So deliberately ruining the surface finish of your weapon is apparently better than getting it worn by actually using it?

"Ruin" is a pretty strong word, though I have seen guns that have been randomly sanded down with artificial wear and look awful. The cheap paint on most airsoft replicas looks better with some artful weathering; OTOH I just spent hours fitting a new anodized lower on my GBBR, and it looks so good I'll probably cry when it gets scratched.

So as much as I am annoyed with the hard on everyone seems to have with magpul, it appears that I have succumbed to the dark side. I had been trying to figure out what kind of rifle I should build around one of my new ProWin gearboxes and I have finally come up with this:...

Dude, just when I talked myself out of buying the mid-length MOE. How does it mount in the front with a carbine length barrel?

Well, It needs something (gasblock, sight) to press up against the retention ring to keep the handguards in place. My plan is to get a shorter barrel so that the firepig is what holds the retention ring in place and keeps it all together like in my rendering.

Well, It needs something (gasblock, sight) to press up against the retention ring to keep the handguards in place. My plan is to get a shorter barrel so that the firepig is what holds the retention ring in place and keeps it all together like in my rendering.

Got it; that's what put me off in the first place since I didn't really care to buy a new barrel (though I suppose in airsoftland I could ghetto mount the retention ring anywhere I want). The carbine length MOE is crowded, but I think an extended version that fits over a low profile gas block would have made more sense.

This may sound dumb, but I wonder if Magpul is working on a coolguy delta ring? It stands out in your rendering as the only stock external part, and I'm betting it could be improved functionally as well as visually.

Hoot, love that paint job man. Simple, and yet really affective.

Thanks, the CTW has since been through hell at LC so it differs slightly not, but that just shows you it's not a case queen.

Ok, as I am a little more of a lurker than a poster it has taken me a while to get around posting some pictures. This is my primary blaster, and is around 6 months old.

She is a KA 9" LaRue, With a Dytac 14.5 barrel. Full Upgraded G&P Internals firing a modest 340fps, via an 11.1 lipo, perfect for the UK. She currently has a QD LaRue VFG, but may give an AFG a go soon. The T1 copy is a Dytac, and the light is a Fenex. First time out I had one of the best games ever, um despite having a tooth shot out (now fixed).

The rifle was a custom from AG, but I made a few changes after (the CTR stock was replaced with the UBR I had). The only thing I am thinking of changing at the moment is swapping out the Systema barrel for a madbull 6.01. My local site uses bio ammo, and I am unsure how the tolerances will work there.

Thanks for looking.

12uc5o.jpg

12uc5q.jpg

12uc5r.jpg

12uc5t.jpg

Edited by Super6four