Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're in the states yeah. I however am yet to find a RS retailer that will ship them outside the US due to the grey-area mess of ITAR restrictions surrounding those sorts of parts. I had to get an American relative of mine to buy one for me and post it to me personally under the guise of an airsoft part (this being a time before Midway UK had them in).

Unless my eyes deceive me:

http://www.midwayuk.com/index.htm

To be honest it's the only online RS firearm parts retailer I know of in this country, that's where I got my OD MOE handguards. The prices are probably absurd compared to what you'd pay in the US, but at least it's somewhere you can get hold of the odd RS part you might want, grips for GBBr AR-15s/GBB pistols for example, and they carry a good range of magpul (this obviously being directed at british folk).

Sopmod stocks look like they were designed to hold an AEG battery, even though they weren't. They'll just forever be associated with an ugly solution to keeping a battery in a toy gun, in my eyes at least... I say it looks like a proper rifle with a CTR, or even an LE stock.

Still, that's all my opinion and it ain't my gun - I just think it looks way better with a slimmer stock, the Sopmod ruins the lines of it i reckon :)

Sopmod stocks look like they were designed to hold an AEG battery, even though they weren't. They'll just forever be associated with an ugly solution to keeping a battery in a toy gun, in my eyes at least... I say it looks like a proper rifle with a CTR, or even an LE stock.

Still, that's all my opinion and it ain't my gun - I just think it looks way better with a slimmer stock, the Sopmod ruins the lines of it i reckon :)

On the contrary- I like it. I think the bulkier stock evens out a long gun like that.

Guess it's all down to opinion really, the first i ever saw of them was on an AEG so i spose that's why it sticks in my brain as a battery case. It IS very comfy, really nice cheek-weld and whathaveyou, i just can't get on with the looks... What's the difference in cost between an RS Sopmod stock and an RS ACS then?

Guess it's all down to opinion really, the first i ever saw of them was on an AEG so i spose that's why it sticks in my brain as a battery case. It IS very comfy, really nice cheek-weld and whathaveyou, i just can't get on with the looks... What's the difference in cost between an RS Sopmod stock and an RS ACS then?

I can't comment on the ACS since I don't have one. You can get the basic early model LM&T SOPMOD for less than $150. I think the newer version with all the hardware is in the high $200's. They might be more if you shop online. Hope this helps.

40-50 bucks. The ACS also has storage you can access WITHOUT having to remove the stock. Seriously, try accessing spare batteries in a rush with the SOPMOD. The ACS also has storage in the bottom potion of the stock, and a tension lock like the CTR.

It also has a strike plate at the bottom, which is nice for real rifles (in a class I took with the local swat team we had to break a car window with the butt of the stock).

Don't smite me, I'm ignorant. To me, the naive youngling, that looks like any old crane stock.

Is that what it is, just the RS version?

It's RS LMT. I think it was $200 from LaRue.

40-50 bucks. The ACS also has storage you can access WITHOUT having to remove the stock. Seriously, try accessing spare batteries in a rush with the SOPMOD. The ACS also has storage in the bottom potion of the stock, and a tension lock like the CTR.

It also has a strike plate at the bottom, which is nice for real rifles (in a class I took with the local swat team we had to break a car window with the butt of the stock).

I found that most annoying. Although the covers are swivel-lock, which is so much better than the pop-off designs on airsoft crane stocks, they're impossible to twist unless you take the stock off the gun.

The strike plate you speak of, is that on the ACS or the SOPMOD?

Edited by aznriptide859

What 9.6 battery would you guys recommend for MOE hand guards?

Right now I have this battery which I THINK will fit in good:

http://www.trinityai...-intellect.aspx

Decided to MOE out my CA Sportline loaner. :P Not sure on the measurement of it so I assume you guys would know better.

Edited by Mr Foxhound

Yeah, I guess I wasn't the only one thinking the LMT stock has become just about obsolete.

http://www.lewismachine.net/product.php?p=182&cid=3&session=d35ce1c9657c01d232ead8068bf0875c

And the cost for the ACS, which is basically a better stock all around ranges 120-130, that is a 70 dollar savings.

I'm really baffled as to why someone would buy a Crane full well knowing that the ACS is around.

my new King Arms Larue Tactical 9" AEG added some Magpul

maybe i will replace the front set with DD MK18 in the future and i'm still unsure whether to stick with the E-Mod stock or switch into UBR or CTR stock... any ideas guys??

MIAD and CTR would look awesome