Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please try not to quote pics buddy.

yes i agree its a very nicely done rifle.

i however want to recreate the Tavis carbine he used in the DVD's (one with the can break and the readi-mag) i cant seem to find the correct front end, and im correct in saying its a LaRue? and as for the readi mags well i just wanna know if these are any good and are at all worth it and how do i get hold of them not alot of places sell the model ive seen on Travis' carbine.

i however want to recreate the Tavis carbine he used in the DVD's (one with the can break and the readi-mag) i cant seem to find the correct front end, and im correct in saying its a LaRue? and as for the readi mags well i just wanna know if these are any good and are at all worth it and how do i get hold of them not alot of places sell the model ive seen on Travis' carbine.

Look's like a LaRue 9". So you're right in saying that. I know for sure that WGC sells King Arms LaRue replica rails.

Edit: Whan is right about the whole 11" gooseneck part.:P

http://www.ebairsoft.com/handguard-sbrs-with-tube-p-2173.html this seems to be the only replica of it I've seen. It's ACM so it may not be the best...

Edited by komplikation

please try not to quote pics buddy.

yes i agree its a very nicely done rifle.

The rail is specifically a larue 11" Gooseneck http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=89 on a Noveske 13.7 barrel

I'm unsure whether there is an airsoft replica of it.

The redimag is actually a normal redimag that Travis heavily cut down to save weight. There are airsoft replicas of these.... I once bought an ICS one.

Additionally, there is also a "newer" version called the redimod, which I think is just a pre-cut redimag. http://www.blueforcegear.com/product.cfm?type=cat&cat_id=1&prod_id=91

Edited by Whan

Travis' carbine does indeed have the Laru 11in gooseneck front end. Furthermore the big dragon acm larue rails are excellent.

Really? I bought the 12" BigDragon version - Looked very nice, but the edges of the rails were RAZOR sharp (i cut my hand a few times trying to install it), and the inside of the rail was totally unfinished - All the shards of metal were still hanging off where the vent holes had been drilled, which scratched my outer barrel up a fair bit... It did look good, but the finishing was awful. That, and it wasn't designed for G&P threading, hence i never managed to fit it.