Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I bought the 12" BigDragon version - Looked very nice, but the edges of the rails were RAZOR sharp (i cut my hand a few times trying to install it), and the inside of the rail was totally unfinished - All the shards of metal were still hanging off where the vent holes had been drilled, which scratched my outer barrel up a fair bit... It did look good, but the finishing was awful. That, and it wasn't designed for G&P threading, hence i never managed to fit it.

Mine didnt have that issue, also most rails arent made for G&P threading so that isnt really relevant

I lent my good photography lights to a friend for a photo shoot so I had to take these outdoors. Not the greatest pics, but they'll do for now.

This is, what I believe, is the first (and so far only) KAC SR-25 EM-C.

aressr25emc03sm.jpg

A close up of the modified gas block:

aressr25emc02sm.jpg

Click either pic for much larger version.

The base gun was an Ares XM110 SASS (long version). Very much inspired by Titleist's RS SR-25 EM-C. It took a while, but I'm pretty happy with the finished result.

Kit list:

• Ares XM110 SASS (modified externally)

• Knight Armament Rear 600m BUIS

• Knight Armament Rail Panels (stippled by BoreSight Solutions)

• Knight Armament Micro Mount

• Knight Armament Micro Battery Cover

• Aimpoint T-1 Micro

• CQD Sling mount (on the left side of URX rail)

• Magpul ACS

• Magpul 7.62 cover

• Magpul Rail Ladders

• Magpul AFG (stippled by BoreSight Solutions)

• Magpul ASAP

• RS Buffer Tube assembly modified to accept lipos

• Magpul PTS MIAD

• Magpul PTS Enhanced Trigger Guard

• G-MIC PEQ-15 with Green laser

• Andax PEQ15 Pattern Projector

• Element Dual Switch

• Element Surefire Scout with ACM LaRue Mount

Still to do:

• Gear Sector Scout Mount

• Swap the Element Scout for my real Scout, and add a Surefire V-Series Head

They're just pattern generators that replace the default covers on the PEQ-15 laser:

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Lasers_Andax_PEQ15_Pattern_Projector_Laser_Cover_Black.htm

They're not great, but they work. Heck ... they even work with my real PEQ-15.

Thanks for the info.

I bet that real PEQ is very nice..

It's good ... for my real guns. But for airsoft, these replicas are more than good enough. My buddy installed an IR laser in the second slot of my VFC PEQ-15, swapped the floodlight with an IR LED and function-wise it's basically the same as the real deal. Heck it's just as powerful as the real deal's high output mode. When I play airsoft with my PVS-14 I use the replica PEQ-15. When I shoot my real guns, I use the real PEQ-15. Gonna ask my friend to install an IR Laser in this replica too.

Oh that is so nice uscm.

Looks like Titleist's build is taking the shooting community by storm :D

Thanks. Originally, I was building it more as an amalgam of both his and Chris' SR-25's. But as it evolved, it definitely went more towards Titleist's. His shooting philosophy is very akin to my own, hence why even my RS SR-15 is built similar to his. The layout of his rifles are very logical and efficient given the accessories and requirements of them.

Edited by uscmCorps

very nice.

I see on Ebay there are a few PEQs with IR Lasers... nice addition.

Honestly, those are WAY overpriced. Last time I looked they cost like $500 right? If you want one, get a ACM PEQ-15 for $40 shipped. Get an IR laser from RSOV or off eBay for a few bucks. And install it yourself or have an electrician do it for you. You can have a decent IR capable replica for under $150 including shipping and all labor.

damn....when is someone going to make a 7.62mm AR GBBR.....

That would rock!

The dual switch is rewired to work with the Scout. The Scout has a different connector than what the Dual switch is designed for.

this is depressing me, i have no money to trick out my M4 :( well a start would be to rewire the thing properly.

is there anywhere i can get g&p upper recievers from? or am i out of luck as they only come in a set with a lower?

ideally id like several rifles originating from 1 base gun to reduce costs on forking out for more than 1 AEG and the trimmings.

so id like a short CQB ish carbine

a Reece rifle

and a DMR

You know all the little things I'd point out that make it NOT an EMC

Unfortunately, there are certain obstacles that couldn't be circumvented to make this a perfect replica. But it's about as close as I can get. :)

is there anywhere i can get g&p upper recievers from? or am i out of luck as they only come in a set with a lower?

Couldn't you buy entire receivers and sell the lower? Or find a buddy that wants a lower and doesn't need the upper and split the cost?

Mine didnt have that issue, also most rails arent made for G&P threading so that isnt really relevant

I know, i was just mentioning why i never ended up using it... Still, mine was practically unfinished - It really did look nice, the trades were nicely done and so was the paintwork - But the pointy bits of metal all over the inside and the razor edges of the rails were pretty much dangerous... Still, ACM and all, chances are mine was one that went past a sleeping QC guy i guess...

Anyhoo, i picked up an ACM Eotech, and decided to chuck the PEQ on my MRP - I quite like the M4 being more streamlined and the MRP looking a bit chunkier... Better pictures when there's more natural light and i've got a better camera than the one on my phone..

Photo0007.jpg

Photo0008.jpg

I lent my good photography lights to a friend for a photo shoot so I had to take these outdoors. Not the greatest pics, but they'll do for now.

This is, what I believe, is the first (and so far only) KAC SR-25 EM-C.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8948/aressr25emc03sm.jpg

A close up of the modified gas block:

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/754/aressr25emc02lg.jpg"]http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6977/aressr25emc02sm.jpg[/im

Click either pic for much larger version.

The base gun was an Ares XM110 SASS (long version). Very much inspired by Titleist's RS SR-25 EM-C. It took a while, but I'm pretty happy with the finished result.

Kit list:

• Ares XM110 SASS (modified externally)

• Knight Armament Rear 600m BUIS

• Knight Armament Rail Panels (stippled by BoreSight Solutions)

• Knight Armament Micro Mount

• Knight Armament Micro Battery Cover

• Aimpoint T-1 Micro

• CQD Sling mount (on the left side of URX rail)

• Magpul ACS

• Magpul 7.62 cover

• Magpul Rail Ladders

• Magpul AFG (stippled by BoreSight Solutions)

• Magpul ASAP

• RS Buffer Tube assembly modified to accept lipos

• Magpul PTS MIAD

• Magpul PTS Enhanced Trigger Guard

• G-MIC PEQ-15 with Green laser

• Andax PEQ15 Pattern Projector

• Element Dual Switch

• Element Surefire Scout with ACM LaRue Mount

Still to do:

• Gear Sector Scout Mount

• Swap the Element Scout for my real Scout, and add a Surefire V-Series Head

About time brother! That is SWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

I want to take on a similar project but I don't have a reliable machinist. You think you can hook me up? :D