Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xzibith.jpg

What did you use to wrap the pistol grip and magwell?

Looks good guys!

-Vic

Edited by Victory
What did you use to wrap the pistol grip and magwell?

Thanks, I used hockey tape.

that looks super close to the desert paintjob in Modern Warfare 2

Haha, actually I've never played MW2...

Edited by P-E

RM: The way the gear sector bits, the XTMs and the RVG mesh together together to create the overall profile of the handguards looks awesome; the LaRue receiver is bloody nice as well. Any chance you'll be putting up a video firing it once everything's put together inside?

Don't you think a handstop AND an RVG is a bit of overkill? XD

Well HK didn't:

TM%20MP5PDW-L.jpg

And neither do I:

IMG_20100714_102249.jpgIMG_20100706_192659.jpg

Shamelessness aside, a handstop+VFG feels perfect with a thumb break grip.

RacingManiac, have you considered chopping some Tango Down rail covers to fit like this, or perhaps the SCAR panels like this?

My painted ACR:

/snip

See it big: http://www.france-airsoft.fr/forum/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=4366 (and click on the picture)

What type of paint did you use? Any specific method? That has to be one of the best paint job's I've seen, so I'm curious as to how you pulled it off :)

A FUG might fit with the receiver, but the RVG is far more comfortable especially for the way he has his gun setup.

True, but I was just trying to say that with the Larue Upper, the Larue Lower, the Larue IronDot, the Larue rail, the FUG would go with the theme.

And yeah, the RVG is insanely comfortable.

True, but I was just trying to say that with the Larue Upper, the Larue Lower, the Larue IronDot, the Larue rail, the FUG would go with the theme.

And yeah, the RVG is insanely comfortable.

Perhaps. But it's not an exclusively LaRue rifle. Since he's also got a Magpul MOE grip, Magpul XTM panels, Magpul Rail ladder, Magpul ASAP, Magpul CTR, Magpul RVG. The majority of the accessories are Magpul based, so adding a Magpul RVG isn't that odd really. And in the end, function over form should always take precedence ... and the RVG is way better than the FUG (especially when it comes to blending into the XTM panels for ergonomics and control).

Perhaps. But it's not an exclusively LaRue rifle. Since he's also got a Magpul MOE grip, Magpul XTM panels, Magpul Rail ladder, Magpul ASAP, Magpul CTR, Magpul RVG. The majority of the accessories are Magpul based, so adding a Magpul RVG isn't that odd really. And in the end, function over form should always take precedence ... and the RVG is way better than the FUG (especially when it comes to blending into the XTM panels for ergonomics and control).

True. I agree entirely, except that at least in airsoft, the difference between function over form is minimal compared to real steel. And I know. If it's anything like the MVG, my favorite VFG now, it must be great. Anyways, moving on.....any news on the PTS AFG2?

Edited by BrooklynBorn

lol, not that I am cheap, but FUG is more expensive also, and when I ordered the lot of Magpul stuff, I figure I might as well go Magpul all the way for the accessories...and batched the shipping too...

Annoyingly I still have a stubby TD FDE grip here....but no where to use it since my WOC built have 2 AFG now...

Really nice build. Did you have any issues with obtaining the Gear Sector stuff, or are such tiny items not subject to ITAR regulations? I'm asking as i've been looking at their light mounts, tried LaRue but got told they can't send outside of US.

What type of paint did you use? Any specific method? That has to be one of the best paint job's I've seen, so I'm curious as to how you pulled it off

Hi, Thanks for the remark ;)

I used Tamiya paint:

- dark yellow

- dark green

- red brown

Starting with big stripes of brown on the dark earth body of the Masada, then randomly spraying "dots" of yellow and green (and some more brown) there and there... Took me half an hour including drying :D