Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair question I guess....since clone RIS is quite popular... :)

Yes, and probably a heck of a lot less hassle of what I had to go through to get that DD Rail to fit on nicely. But I haven't seen any near-perfect clones as of yet. There are some pretty good ones out there, but they always mess up on minor details. I've also heard they always print the same date on the clones as well, regardless of brand. Like 2007 or something.

My Socom Gear DD mk18 ris II is marked 28 july 2009 :P

anyways sweet collection, makes me want a casv rail set....

Ya, I've always been a fan of the CASV. I experimented with the CASV-M (in the first pictures) using a 7.5" barrel and a Noveske "firepig" flashider. I saw this setup when VLTOR initially released the CASV-M and posted some pictures on their website. Not everyone can appreciate it but it does turn heads when I use it at games. Here are some more pictures of it:

DSC_0398.jpg

DSC_0400.jpg

DSC_0401.jpg

DSC_0403.jpg

DSC_0405.jpg

To both Noveske and uscmCorps:

Where do you fit your batteries, and what kind of batteries do you use? I like that type of build, since it makes it look like a bit like a high-caliber bolter, but I wonder if a good old 9.6v mini-battery 1400mah will fit in the CASV there. (No PEQ boxes for me!)

To both Noveske and uscmCorps:

Where do you fit your batteries, and what kind of batteries do you use? I like that type of build, since it makes it look like a bit like a high-caliber bolter, but I wonder if a good old 9.6v mini-battery 1400mah will fit in the CASV there. (No PEQ boxes for me!)

I fit an 11.1V/7.4V Li-po in the handguard. The 11.1V Lipo is the type that has 3 seperate cells attached to each other by wires (and 2 cells if 7.4V). The beauty of the CASV is that it will fit one cell on each side of the barrel (7.4V) and one on the bottom (11.1V). It will take both the 3.5" shorter length cell type or the 4.5" longer type.

Edit: Yes and the mosfet in the handguard too! It's a tight fit, but it fits.

Edited by Noveske

To me it looks like the AFG could be moved up to the end of the rail and maybe a 551 could be used in the 552. (I really like the 'high-speed' look of the gun right now, IMO there is no need for the PEQ or big EOtech.) An ASAP and maybe a BAD would look good though.

^^Feel free to disreguard that if you don't agree, it is you gun after all :P

-OGGY

Edited by -=OGGY=-

great choice with the leddar rail covers, keeps the nice profil of the rail system.

But I'd go for a flip up rear sight, maybe a.... oh well.... tan mbus ;)

need for the PEQ

battery has to go somewhere though.

Edited by somegirls

No idea. I can't imagine the flip up 416 frontsight sits lower than a regular fronsight.

Think of it that way:

People use the fix 416 frontsight on their ARs (that's of course in line with the 416 drum rear sight) and they use it with "standard" flip up rear sights.