Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^those are magpul notice no dimple....

Anyway i didnt pay attention and just realized haleys carbine has an 11inch rail....but I like the balance of the 9 inch better, so Im glad I made the mistake...now I just need a bling barrel.

Noone say OMG you copied....I like a longer rail/foregrip on guns, I'll get a pic up sometime.

From what I recall, Ergo/Falcon is the OEM of the rail ladders that Magpul outsourced to but were designed by Magpul themselves. IIRC, Magpul products are designed internally and outsourced to local factories. Ergo/Falcon is one of those outsourced company/factories.

* Edit : It should also be mentioned that most RS companies that sell polymer products outsource the manufacturing of those products to dedicated factories. The only stuff that is usually done in house is usually metal machine work, and Magpul Industries doesn't have much in the way of that in their product line.

So what products are made BY Magpul?

I heard in the Milspec Monkey interview at this years Shot Show that the MS3 was going to be all in house. 100% Magpul hardware.

So what products are made BY Magpul?

I heard in the Milspec Monkey interview at this years Shot Show that the MS3 was going to be all in house. 100% Magpul hardware.

Yes and no. The original hardware for the MS2 sling was off-the-shelf hardware (be it somewhat obscure). The new hardware for the MS3 sling is designed in house at Magpul Industries and manufactured specifically for them at an outsourced facility (AFAIK). So yes, it's 100% Magpul Designed Hardware, but I don't believe it's manufactured in house. This really isn't that uncommon. Just because something's actual manufacturing is outsourced doesn't make it any less of a company's product. This is how a lot of industry works.

Yes and no. The original hardware for the MS2 sling was off-the-shelf hardware (be it somewhat obscure). The new hardware for the MS3 sling is designed in house at Magpul Industries and manufactured specifically for them at an outsourced facility (AFAIK). So yes, it's 100% Magpul Designed Hardware, but I don't believe it's manufactured in house. This really isn't that uncommon. Just because something's actual manufacturing is outsourced doesn't make it any less of a company's product. This is how a lot of industry works.

True. I think it'd just be interesting to see Magpuls build quality, because we all know their design quality is pretty good.

Thanks for clearing it up. ;)

True. I think it'd just be interesting to see Magpuls build quality, because we all know their design quality is pretty good.

Thanks for clearing it up. ;)

Is it that hard :P

YOU ALREADY SEE THEIR BUILD QUALITY! They give the manufacturers SPECIFIC standards to manufacture the products too.

Edited by reaper16

actually Ive ordered one with the standard upper, but they sent me the MUR-1 combo, so I thought if its there why not use it.

mkay, I'll specify. what barrel length will I need if Id like to make something like this:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m264/wa...engthmoefde.jpg

or maybe with switchblock:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m264/wa...switchblock.jpg

Lol man I really need better angles. It's an offset mount. It's not in the way of my sights at all. This angle of the photo just makes it look really flat.

Ok I wouldn't say noth if that was closer to rail, but form that distance how u manage to turn it on, or u just turn it on and let it like that?

Still strange setup for a tactical flashlight...