Magpul Picture Thread

How do you activate it?

Ok I wouldn't say noth if that was closer to rail, but form that distance how u manage to turn it on, or u just turn it on and let it like that?

Still strange setup for a tactical flashlight...

I have a pressure pad, but i was doing something with it when i took the pics. But sometimes i just turn it on and run it.

c4ab1b5a.jpg

Edited by elrey
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pressure pad, but i was doing something with it when i took the pics. But sometimes i just turn it on and run it.

The pressure pad makes more sense. The more you use it constantly on, the more you might find it works against you. I know I wouldn't use it constantly on, but that how I play. Your own mileage may vary of course.

Good morning folks, I have read and read through this thread, but I cant seem what I'm looking for, I want to put on the MOE hand guards on my M4, but I have a front sight post that I want to take off for a cleaner look. Now my questions is what gas block are you guys going with that allow the front lip of the hand guards slide into. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Its really not that bad where it is. Just think of the swat kits. The light is relativley in the same location just minus all the extra plastic and material.

The front of the handguards don't really interact with the gas block, (not the standard issue style ones anyway) it's the handguard cap that sit's behind the block that you need. Long as it's not a really low profile one designed to go inside a free float rail, pretty much most gas blocks out there should support a cap sitting behind them, depends which style you were after really as to what anyone might recommend. Most varieties that include an integrated flip-up sight should work.

The front of the handguards don't really interact with the gas block, (not the standard issue style ones anyway) it's the handguard cap that sit's behind the block that you need. Long as it's not a really low profile one designed to go inside a free float rail, pretty much most gas blocks out there should support a cap sitting behind them, depends which style you were after really as to what anyone might recommend. Most varieties that include an integrated flip-up sight should work.

Thank you for your reply, my questions then would be how do you affix the cap to the gas block are they screwed on?

Thank you for your reply, my questions then would be how do you affix the cap to the gas block are they screwed on?

Nope, they don't really 'affix' at all to be honest, just a flat surface on the back of the gas block and on the front of the cap, have a look at these:

Standard style handguard cap

M16 front sight/gas block

Should explain the system for you.

Since everybody does FDE Magpul setups these days, I decided to add a touch of OD Magpul to my TM M4. It really needs a OD CTR.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/tu...te/P2120066.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/tu...te/P2120067.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/tu...te/P2120068.jpg

Have you seen the first post of the thread? :P

Looks pretty good though mate, I'd stick an extra pair of XTMs up there to cover the rail, gas block with a flip-up sight, OD CTR as you say and maybe a MIAD unless you were happy with the feel of the A2 grip. I'd be interested as to where you got the aimpoint mount from?

Have you seen the first post of the thread? :P

Looks pretty good though mate, I'd stick an extra pair of XTMs up there to cover the rail, gas block with a flip-up sight, OD CTR as you say and maybe a MIAD unless you were happy with the feel of the A2 grip. I'd be interested as to where you got the aimpoint mount from?

Lol, forgot about that one :D

Yeah, I'll probably put another set of XTM's on the front, unfortunatly I ran out. I definatly don't want a folding front sight, I'm trying to keep it plain jane but with a touch of Magpul. I'm fine with the A2 grip, I've never gotten or blister from it or anything. The Aimpoint mount I purchased from a local shop. WGC shop carries them. For $48 I think.

Hello,

A poor picture of my two pending Magpul customs :

img8470z.jpg

The AK is almost finish, the only missing thing is the AFG (and a MIAD grip if I found a system to fit one around an "AK motor" )

Concerning, the M4, I wait the future VFG MOE and the "light Kit" to complete it (and some Troy flip up sights replica)

Hello Everyone.

Here's my humble addition. King Arms Troy was base gun for this built - as You can see there is little left of it ;)

post-65316-1266168145_thumb.jpg

-Magpul PTS body and grip

-King Arms internals, mag and rear sight

-P&J/ACM/whatever UBR replica

-P&J two piece steel outer barrel

-DD Omega 7.0 replica - looks like P&J one, but has the same kind of screws as the RS

-552, Arms 41B front sight are also kind of chineese copies

Nothing fancy, I going to add some small details, such as LaRue type Eotech mount, short Tango Down VFG and some XTM panels. And that would be all I suppose.

I intend to assemble another upper, basing on MUR and Noveske rail front replicas, for 10.5 or 11.5 barrel.