Magpul Picture Thread

Hello,

A poor picture of my two pending Magpul customs :

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6260/img8470z.jpg

The AK is almost finish, the only missing thing is the AFG (and a MIAD grip if I found a system to fit one around an "AK motor" )

Concerning, the M4, I wait the future VFG MOE and the "light Kit" to complete it (and some Troy flip up sights replica)

Awesome AK mate, I'm definitely going to be doing something along those lines some day in the future, what did you use for base gun?

Liking the look of the stock riser as well on your M4, which height is it?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

img8470z.jpg

The AK is almost finish, the only missing thing is the AFG (and a MIAD grip if I found a system to fit one around an "AK motor" )

Concerning, the M4, I wait the future VFG MOE and the "light Kit" to complete it (and some Troy flip up sights replica)

what lower hand guard is that for the ak?

Need some advice! As I am torn between two stocks and I can not choose! It is the UBR and ACS. I would be putting it on a M4 that will have a 12" rail system with standard 14.5 outer barrel. I come to you guys to aid me which would look right I know it is personal preference but to boost my decision i need an opinion. The CTR IMO with a 12" rail system might look a bit puny and not help the look of the gun. Also an ASAP plate would not be able to be used with UBR but how about the ACS?

Gumball:

I'm not 100% sure what Skodajocky has but my gun started out as an LCT AMD 65. I replaced the front with an LCT railed front end that includes the railed gas tube. I later replaced the lower receiver with an LCT lower that has the AR buffer tube extension. The rest is a CTR stock, AFG in front and XTM rail panels.

Need some advice! As I am torn between two stocks and I can not choose! It is the UBR and ACS. I would be putting it on a M4 that will have a 12" rail system with standard 14.5 outer barrel. I come to you guys to aid me which would look right I know it is personal preference but to boost my decision i need an opinion. The CTR IMO with a 12" rail system might look a bit puny and not help the look of the gun. Also an ASAP plate would not be able to be used with UBR but how about the ACS?

ACS is mroe like a crane stock. Just slides onto your buffer tube. So yes, ASAP would work.

I think that it entirely depends. If you really look, you'll see many SR15's with CTR stocks. They have a LARGE 16" barrel. It doesn't look puny at all.

And if you REALLY want an opinion, I say CTR or UBR. I don't like the ACS.

Edited by BrooklynBorn
Hello,

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6260/img8470z.jpg

ive been working on a similar project and i hate to tell you that its pretty much impossible to get a MIAD grip to go around the motor and the motor cage, the MIAD is too narrow and short, ive experimented with hollowing out m4 grips to no avail, only thing i could suggest doing is cut bits off the MIAD and stick them on an existing AK grip kina like leaving its base frame on it but then you may compramise strenght on it, believe me until magpul come up with one its pretty much a dead area.

altho if im correct in thinking the A&K ACR has a V3 mechbox, try cutting one off that to fit? but i dont have a spare A&K ACR spare :(

scrap that i was wrong, it takes a V2 :(

Edited by Fellowz

Recent shenanigans on my old beat up M4, apologies for pic I'm not the best cameraman.

post-12010-1266246281_thumb.jpg

I've got a full FG set I used to have on a previous incarnation of this rifle and I'm thinking of putting the CTS back on as the UBR is possibly too long for such a short barrel. It is however, very comfortable and rock solid.

Edited by DualWieldNate
Hey Skodajocky... like your AK. I did something very similar!

Nice :D . How does it feel/handle with the AFG? I'm waiting some money to add it too to mine :D

what lower hand guard is that for the ak?

Gumball:

I'm not 100% sure what Skodajocky has but my gun started out as an LCT AMD 65 ...

Mine come from an AK RAS full set from King arms, mounted with a front set from my old AKS MARUI and a conversion kit from LCT for the X47 body.

Needs T-1 Micro and is perfect.

Maybe not MIAD, but a standard AK Grip would look better than that one, IMHO

I personnaly don't like the T1 micro dot (and I neither intend to do a replica of Travis Halley Saïga btw ;) ).

For the grip, some friends also suggest FN grip but i'm happy with this one.

ive been working on a similar project and i hate to tell you that its pretty much impossible to get a MIAD grip to go around the motor and the motor cage, ...

I suspected it since the start of the project ;) .

May be if I realise my "AKSU magpulised" project on a GBBR version one day, it will solve the problem :P

ACS is mroe like a crane stock. Just slides onto your buffer tube. So yes, ASAP would work.

I think that it entirely depends. If you really look, you'll see many SR15's with CTR stocks. They have a LARGE 16" barrel. It doesn't look puny at all.

And if you REALLY want an opinion, I say CTR or UBR. I don't like the ACS.

I actually just got my ACS (RS) for my VFC 16" SR15, I LOVE it, prefer it over even a CTR and Moe I had on hand. Its also awesome because it it easily possible to have a nice computer-mosfet and a lipo in stock tube with minimal mods.

Nice :D . How does it feel/handle with the AFG? I'm waiting some money to add it too to mine :D

The AFG works perfect with the AK. It provides plenty of support and reference to the front end of the gun. It doesn't drop down like a regular vertical grip to interfere with magazine changes ( The front grip on the AMD was canted forward to clear the magazine but it made holding it awkward on my wrist).

Ya, I've always been a fan of the CASV. I experimented with the CASV-M (in the first pictures) using a 7.5" barrel and a Noveske "firepig" flashider. I saw this setup when VLTOR initially released the CASV-M and posted some pictures on their website. Not everyone can appreciate it but it does turn heads when I use it at games. Here are some more pictures of it:

DSC_0398.jpg

sorry to quote this picture but i cant help it.

noveske this is an inspiration to me i love this rifle. im going to build pretty much the same set up next week. great piece mate.