Magpul Picture Thread

I'm having a heck of a time finding a true 12" OB.....

Where'd you source your LaRue RIS? I saw EB has what looks to be pretty nice clones for very reasonable cost!

Other options-replica 12" JG URX II rail (only 1 piece, different front flip sight mechanism): http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=1756

Replica Daniel Defense 12" Lite rail: http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=1947

Replica LaRue 12" FF rail: http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=1703

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yarr, I be infected with stipple fever, yarr!!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/aznrip...BR/IMG_0612.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/aznrip...BR/IMG_0613.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/aznrip...BR/IMG_0614.jpg

I'll do this to my hicaps for now only :D

Now someone restrain me before I stipple my MOE grip too...

Wow... really nice stipple job on the mag, Anzrip.

Now how would it look like on my P90's grip...

Once again, well done, bro.

Edited by Misfit
Do NOT quote pictures. Remove the [img][/img] tags.
Hispeed1,

Man, talk about coming through! Very nice assortment of RIS systems over there that perfectly fit my needs.

Very nice! Much appreciated!

No prob man, anytime. As for barrel length with a 12" rail-a 16" barrel or 14.5" barrel would be sexy on it. Depends on the look your going for and the purpose of the blaster.

That is a cool looking gat b0p, are you planning to skirmish it like that or slap some stuff up the front first?

Also, the pic reminds me, does anyone have any opinions on the MS2? I used mine all day at a skirmish on saturday, having never, ever in my life used a 1-pt sling before. I've got to say, considering the webbing on it is fairly thin, it actually strangely seemed far less painful on my neck/shoulders than some of the much wider 3-pts I've used. Between it and the ASAP plate switching shoulders becomes an absolute dream, and despite being the easiest thing in the world to get the gun off me with the quick release, it never once even hinted at failing when I didn't want it to (which had been a concern of mine at first). I think the adjustment system may have gradually worked a bit loose over the course of the day, but it wasn't by all that much and is very easily remedied.

Being able to go to quickly go to the 2-pt whenever you fancy it is great especially, life saver when you've got a long barrelled weapon and you're trying to do other things and you don't want your gun hanging vertically. To my mind, overall, an excellent bit of very practical airsoft kit.

I used my MS2 for the first time just before christmas, thought it worked really well. I ran it on my Magpul/LaRue (pics to follow). The only issue I had was when I put it in 2 point mode the front clip would push the button in on the front QR causing it to pop out. My front QR is a G&P item. Do you have any clearance issues at all?

To be honest, I've got a rail mounted QD sling point from G&P as well, and it's actually pretty bloody hard to get it off, I need to use two hands to support the CASV and push the button in far enough to get the thing out.

Clearance in what sense? With your sling attachment point or something else?

Also, I'm thinking it might be time to start a stippled weapon stippling pictures thread, since it seems to be the newest koolaid.

Unless you were kidding, I'd PM a mod first and get approval. Save you the hassle of creating one and getting it closed soon after.

Yeah, the front sling attachment point clips on ok, but it pushes against the release button when it pivots out. I think I am just gonna have to buy a non qd front mounting point. Interesting how yours is unaffected.

Well if you manage to find a solid one let me know mate, mine stays in place but it does rattle around something terrible when the sling's not on there.

Yes you can always take it off easily, but having to take a little QD swing swivel out of your pouch and attach it to your front end before you can go to the 2-pt mode rather ruins the versatility and high speed of the MS2, to my mind anyway.

@ Somegirls. Very nice looking rifle dude, AGM base? And which make of front rail have you got on there?

Well if you manage to find a solid one let me know mate, mine stays in place but it does rattle around something terrible when the sling's not on there.

Yes you can always take it off easily, but having to take a little QD swing swivel out of your pouch and attach it to your front end before you can go to the 2-pt mode rather ruins the versatility and high speed of the MS2, to my mind anyway.

Use a bit of shock cord looped into the sling mount and the rail system to keep the QD secure when no sling is attached. Then when you connect the sling, the elasticity of the shock cord will allow the sling mount to move with the sling.

It might work?

@ Somegirls. Very nice looking rifle dude, AGM base? And which make of front rail have you got on there?

No, that's the very first WE M4.

I have the ebaybanned DD RAS II clone on. great piece and fits perfectly.

I gotta run but if you like, I can post a picture of the entire gun later on.

I believe Titlest actually pointed that out from his contact with Magpul...

Prime makes Larue style lower for PTW, WA in Magpul marking, I think there is a company that makes one for WE, and many makes it for AEG. But I've only seen Prime makes that style of Magpul marking and it was DOC's pic on GGI for WA.