Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a chris costa mecca.

However I like the M16's, they look like top stuff.

Espically the angled forgrips? Are they any good? or just a gimmick with a very small selling point.

I think it was designed to have the comfort of the using the thumb-break method without inducing fatigue on your wrist/arms. And from what Ive heard, it has achieved both.

Edited by GnGArmament
This is a chris costa mecca.

However I like the M16's, they look like top stuff.

Espically the angled forgrips? Are they any good? or just a gimmick with a very small selling point.

At 12.46 each day we all face 156.7 degrees (taking account of magnetic variance of course) and praise Mr. Costa ;)

Angled foregrip feels a lot better than you think, allows me to have a better hand-hold on the barrel. Think of it as a well placed rock climbing grab hold...

Flash-hider :) It's some kind of compensator made by Knight's, which USCM and our other US friends probably know a huge amount more about than me, heh.

I've got TTB's on all my real ARs. I've tried a few muzzle brakes now ... the TTB is still my favorite. Muzzle brakes are designed to reduce recoil and help control muzzle climb. Some also reduce flash ... but they're muzzle brakes first and foremost.

Triple Tap Brake... i have no idea what it does or how it does it in the real steel world, but it looks cool.

thx!

*edit* And somegirls - I'm so painfully jealous of the 2022. Does it shoot as good as it looks? I'm praying for a bonus this month, i'm considering a pair of them they look so damn pretty...

Dude I fell in love with it the when I saw it popin' up at Begadi. It is just amazing, I never hold a gun that felt that comfortable. Check out my mini-review in the gas pistol section.

But in a nutshell:

Yeah, it performs just as great as any of my KWA/KSC guns.

E:

When you use the thumb break grip, you will embrace the AFG the first time you grap it. :)

Edited by somegirls
I figured it'd be something along those lines; So am i right in thinking a brake reduces muzzle climb/recoil, and a flash-hider reduces the blast of flame at the muzzle to make it less visible?

*edit* And somegirls - I'm so painfully jealous of the 2022. Does it shoot as good as it looks? I'm praying for a bonus this month, i'm considering a pair of them they look so damn pretty...

A flash hider/suppressor helps to mask the signature of an AR or any firearm system.

Many flash hiders also act as a muzzle brake, thereby serving two purposes: 1. hide flash and 2. reduce muzzle rise. ;)

This is why i love these forums - Cheers for the info guys :)

On another note, Parcelforce man knocked on the door this morning...

Before:

P1000188.jpg

And now...

P1000195.jpg

P1000194.jpg

P1000196.jpg

Yes, it is the best thing anyone has ever created. Ever. Seriously, G&P have got me lost for words... the MRP is without a doubt the most awesome thing i've ever held.

All and all, how much would it take to turn a standard out of the box KWA M4-CQB into a Magpul decked M4?

Including a box of midcaps :)

My local store hasn't priced out yet, because their shipment hasn't come in...

Also, are the flip sights worth the cash? They seem a tad expensive. Plus, I'd rather just use a rear sight, are they able to be sold alone, or are they always in sets?

Edited by doc_SAS

Magpul sells the sights separately or together. What exactly do you mean decked out in magpul? What sotck, grip, foregrip setup? You tried looking at redwolf, wgcshop, or unco? Also try gunnerairsoft and pro--t.com.

Edited by frogfish

Crappy iPhone photo:

2qmp1sj.jpg

AFG - One for the AEG and one for the RS

Why buy the PTS version when the RS counterpart is only a few dollars more if not cheaper. In fact, Ehobby sells the PTS version for $31.99; add to that the shipping, whichever you choose: $19.00 - 3-5 days to Cali OR $7.00 - 10-20 days to Cali.

I paid $36 for mine from a local gun shop. I've seen some on Ebay for $32 plus $4 shipping.

2rnalwi.jpg

Why buy the PTS version when the RS counterpart is only a few dollars more if not cheaper.

Really? Do we really need to have this topic brought back up? Many items are ITAR restricted. Which means that they're illegal for export. So all your fellow airsofters across the world outside the US aren't supposed to be able to buy and acquire them. People need to think outside of their immediate environment and understand things are different outside their own country and across the world. Let's move on shall we?

Really? Do we really need to have this topic brought back up? Many items are ITAR restricted. Which means that they're illegal for export. So all your fellow airsofters across the world outside the US aren't supposed to be able to buy and acquire them. People need to think outside of their immediate environment and understand things are different outside their own country and across the world. Let's move on shall we?

I failed to mention it but who I had in mind were US-based enthusiasts.

Edited by lambolurker
I failed to mention it but who I had in mind were US-based enthusiasts.

People need to keep in mind that this is a UK based forum catering to an international group of members. As for your comments being targeted to US airsofters that would be true in the majority of Magpul based products. But also keep in mind that RS Magpul do occassionally sell out, so if Magpul PTS product does the same job and is available, then it's a fine alternative.

Magpul sells the sights separately or together. What exactly do you mean decked out in magpul? What sotck, grip, foregrip setup? You tried looking at redwolf, wgcshop, or unco? Also try gunnerairsoft and pro--t.com.

Decked out means, at least to me, replacing everything that I don't like on the standard model and replacing it with, in this case, Magpul stuff. Meaning all that is listed below.

I tried, but for some reason I can't go to the sites.

As for your question:

-Magpul MBUS Rear Sight

-Magpul MOE Carbine Stock

-Magpul MOE Grip

-Magpul MOE Hand Guard (Carbine Length)

-Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard (Aluminium)

Looking for all black, price difference?

Also, for you guys who have the standard M4 front sight, does it get in the way of your optics without a riser mount?

Oh, and before I forget, does anyone have experience with fitting PMAGs into a KWA KM4-CQB? Tight fit, or any shakes?

Edited by doc_SAS
http://www.airsoftglobal.com/

Can you access that site? If so I'm 99% they've got all those bits listed, possibly not the metal trigger guard but I think that's been 'replaced' as it were by the polymer one in terms of PTS's line-up.

No, they have that too. http://www.airsoftglobal.com/product_info....roducts_id=7193

$15 more than the polymer one, so I'm assuming it's the metal one.