Magpul Picture Thread

Yeah that's just what I had in mind. That grip looks really cool.

Thanks but i don't think i'm the first in this thread to do that :).

A pity that the front part of PTS MIAD can't be change as RS ones.

I'd like to make a "sandwich" grip TAN-Black-TAN :P (may be if i buy a GBBR some day :rolleyes: )

Buy TWO PTS MIADS :D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still can't put two grip around one motor (btw, how do you think i've got the parts to assemble this one :P).

On MIAD kits for AEG, only back parts can be change but on the real one (usable on GBBR, the forward part is removable too so you can made "sandwich")

282473.jpg

Edit: No problem. It was a good occasion to "illustrate" my previous post :)

Edited by Skodajocky

Well, irrespective of the fact you've got a lot of variations of tan on there (which lets be honest is something that only people on forums are going to pick-up on), I like the build. All your component choices are good, and I'd imagine it's a very practical rifle.

Anyways, RS AFG arrived yesterday from the states, not at home to take a proper pose-y kind of picture but wanted to get in the first OD one (I think):

P1010115.jpg

It won't be staying on the rifle pictured, but it's final destination is still sitting around in it's packaged component parts right now, waiting for me to go home.

@lambolurker: is that the dytac T-1 optic? How do you like it? Good optic?

Dytac T1 indeed.

I'd say pretty good for airsoft - pretty solid consttruction, 5 brightness settings, red and green dot option.

It's not really a 1:1 clone as far as appearance is concerned. The knobs are too tall and departs from the RS. I don't think there's a clone out there that is 1:1.

Edited by lambolurker
hows the real steal AFG compared to the PTS?

I've done a comparison and in all honesty, the only differences I see are:

-the material: the PTS uses a different polymer which results it being a bit more shiny than the RS and affects the colour ever-so-slightly

-dimensions: screws are different sizing (Metric on the PTS), but actualy grip dimensions are close to identical. I've also noticed the PTS AFG is a bit tighter when sliding it onto the rail.

-markings: duh..

In reality, do these things affect the performance and functionality of the AFG on an airsoft gun? Well, no. Not at all!