Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run ACM CTR's on both my rifles, and they're just as good as the real deal... I can't fault them at all except for the lack of trademarks, and that's no big deal. They're made by element far as i know, maybe there's a few crappier versions? Saying that, ACM XTM's are better than the real ones, although ACM MIAD's are useless.

How come your PMAG looks so long? :huh: and how do you like the EMG? I just ordered a set and am curious.

I've been using RainierArms EMGs for a couple years now, and to be frank, I like the look of them but I personally find them more of a hindrance than an asset. Most notably, they tend to make reinserting back into double mag pouches a pain if you already have a mag in that pouch because the traction they create is so great ... it becomes hard to slide two mags with them against one another. At most do them on the bottom level of the mag. Doing them on all the panels is not only overkill ... it's a true PITA to reinsert into a pouch.

How come your PMAG looks so long? :huh: and how do you like the EMG? I just ordered a set and am curious.

Maybe it's the picture? I don't know. It's a normal PTS Pmag. Nothing special. I enjoy the EMG a lot. I'd recommend them.

How do you like the folding front sight post? I've been eyeballing one of those for a while now. Is it sturdy?

I LOVE the sights. It's extremely low-profile, and solid as a rock. It even has a lock on it in case you're afraid of it moving, but I've never kept it locked and it is extremely solid. It's simple, and very very practical. Just how I like it.

I've been using RainierArms EMGs for a couple years now, and to be frank, I like the look of them but I personally find them more of a hindrance than an asset. Most notably, they tend to make reinserting back into double mag pouches a pain if you already have a mag in that pouch because the traction they create is so great ... it becomes hard to slide two mags with them against one another. At most do them on the bottom level of the mag. Doing them on all the panels is not only overkill ... it's a true PITA to reinsert into a pouch.

I can definitely see how that would cause problems, but the way my carrier is set up, they actually help. My mag pouches are doubles, but there is a divider between each mag, the the grip on the mag's never touch. I guess it just depends on how you decide to run your rig. For me it's perfect, but I can definitely see how it would become a nuisance otherwise.

My KA SR-15:

CIMG3169.jpg

I was thinking about putting in Magpul XTM rail panels instead of these tan replica Knight's ones

and maybe putting a element replica scout light on the right side with one of those Surefire rail pressure switches on the top rail.

I also thought about putting on a VFC laser peq just for the looks but decided it wouldn't be of much use for me.

I know it sounds weird but i think there isn't enough tan on top of the gun, but i can't think of putting anything practical up there.

Any ideas?

Comments welcome, either about my gun or my photography skills.

Any ideas?

Comments welcome, either about my gun or my photography skills.

FDE ladder colours? They don't take up much space, cover the pointy bits of the rail and put a nice layer of tan on the top? And a tan rear MBUS. Maybe spray the T1 mount 'n all?

I think we should enact a law that if you want to use a Magpul'd SR15 on an Airsoft field, you HAVE to grow a costa beard.

I was going to put ladder rail covers on top anyway, but i was thinking black. And no matter what happens I'm not spraying my T-1.

I know I'll just mess it up and end up with spray paint on the glass.

And about the Costa beard, that's not fair. No matter how much i want a Costa beard. :P

Noo, i just meant the high rise mount itself, not the actual T1... Other than that i can't think of much tan stuff to go on a top rail.

I'm starting to think more and more that Costa, with his beard and apparent ability to *fruitcage* anyone's *suitcase* right up, must in fact be the son of Chuck Norris.

*edit* Kuttr - Hot DAMN that's possibly one of the nicest rifle's i've seen... I want that in my life.

Edited by hwagan