Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has 'For training and simulation use only' on the side of it? Funny that particular trade hadn't been in any of the retailer's pictures so far... That makes me sad sad.gif

Life's a B&&CH ain't it? LOL.. you can just not look at it if it makes you happier haha It's also got a big fat PTS logo on the side.

Could you identify the internals as a specific brand?

And are T-shaped plugs standard?

Nope. I added that myself. LOL. Comes with the standard small plug.

EDIT: Oh yes.. and the internals are... can u guess? LOL... Give u a hint.... begins with an "A" and ends with an "S". Think Greek Mythology.

Edited by Noveske

Please say your gonna get all the accessories and do a review. biggrin.gif

Uh.. I never do reviews. LOL I think they're opinionated and pretentious at times. Plus I never have the time nor are my descriptive skills up to par. I'll think about i though since I'm quite impressed with the product.

But I will get all the accessories though LOL. From what I know though, nothing is out for it yet (like GBB conversion kit, 7.62 conversion, barrels, etc etc). Except the ERGO rails. I'll pick those up in a few days.

Holding it in your hands is much better. Trust me...

The bolt lock is good, bolt release is good. Selector doesn't get in the way of your hands like the SR-15.

Folding stock is solid, it takes quite a force to depress the button to fold the stock up.

Front site locks up well, flips up like the MBUS. Cheek rest is firm when properly adjusted, wouldn't move even if you slammed it into your lower jaw.

I can't comment about the color on the tan version though, as I've only seen the black one.

I'll leave that to Noveske.

Holding it in your hands is much better. Trust me...

The bolt lock is good, bolt release is good. Selector doesn't get in the way of your hands like the SR-15.

Folding stock is solid, it takes quite a force to depress the button to fold the stock up.

Front site locks up well, flips up like the MBUS. Cheek rest is firm when properly adjusted, wouldn't move even if you slammed it into your lower jaw.

I can't comment about the color on the tan version though, as I've only seen the black one.

I'll leave that to Noveske.

Don't know what you're talking about but the stock doesn't fold. It comes with a fixed stock. Unless you're talking about the a&k Masada lol!

But I will get all the accessories though LOL. From what I know though, nothing is out for it yet (like GBB conversion kit, 7.62 conversion, barrels, etc etc). Except the ERGO rails. I'll pick those up in a few days.

At least get an illumination kit and MVG; bolt-on rails are awful.

Nope. I added that myself. LOL. Comes with the standard small plug.

EDIT: Oh yes.. and the internals are... can u guess? LOL... Give u a hint.... begins with an "A" and ends with an "S". Think Greek Mythology.

Huh?

A nice gesture would be to tell us that its Ares, or not?

No deans included, thats odd, but not bad. Have you tried swapping the spring, is it quick?

How solid does the Hopup material seem? Glad this version is gonna have parts available, as my G&P Masada didn't, so i rarely skirmished it b/c that hopup plastic was sketch.

I keep debating between a GBBR or this PTS. Think im going for the PTS. . too sexy to pass up blink.gif. Either that or Magpul Marketing has got me AGAIN.

Huh?

A nice gesture would be to tell us that its Ares, or not?

No deans included, thats odd, but not bad. Have you tried swapping the spring, is it quick?

How solid does the Hopup material seem? Glad this version is gonna have parts available, as my G&P Masada didn't, so i rarely skirmished it b/c that hopup plastic was sketch.

I keep debating between a GBBR or this PTS. Think im going for the PTS. . too sexy to pass up blink.gif. Either that or Magpul Marketing has got me AGAIN.

What other company will put bearings and bushings together in one gearbox? I'm sure we all know the answer to that tongue.gif

Hopup is great. Very solid this time and not made of cheap plastic.

No haven't tried swapping the spring. But if you're familiar with this GB style, it's pretty much the same as the AxxS design. Just remember to release the spring before you swap. Is it quick? Well you have to remove the rear buttstock to get to it, which is like 3 pins. LOL. Not too bad I suppose.

The PTS is rumored to be coming out with a drop in GBBR kit for the ACR. However, after examining the design, etc. I"m guessing the kit is going to be the entire lower receiver. My conclusions come from a few observations. For one, the magwell is only designed for AEG magazines. Say PTS does have a GBB system which uses AEG mags (gas resevoir in the handguard?) Well GREAT!! However, the other observation I've noticed is the bolt catch. There is no where in the magwell which enables the placement of a mechanism which locks the bolt when the magazine is empty. Therefore, my conclusion is either the rumor is bogus, or the GBBR kit will a replacement of the entire lower receiver.

Life's a B&&CH ain't it? LOL.. you can just not look at it if it makes you happier haha It's also got a big fat PTS logo on the side.

It's not going to stop me buying one, but it is a tad lame.. Ah well. It's so damn pretty! Saying that, it doesn't look like it'd be too difficult to fill in that particular marking...