Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a left anded shooter? I've been switching my M3 to left and right side and i've found that with it being on the left side I can use the finger and thumb of my right hand to operate it.

Spot on. I am a left handed shooter and hat is exactly how I operate mine as well. I thought about getting a pressure switch system for it but seeing as how I have a functional peq15, perhaps I won't really need it. I can also operate it when I transition over to my right side I can operate it from the underside of the rail with my index finger.

Question for the owners of aeg and magpul pistol grips.

I took apart my pistol grip and motor in preperation of putting a moe grip in. I wanted to take it apart and put it back quickly just so i can get a feel on how to disassemble and reassemble. I tried to put it back together and the wires prevent the motor base plate from being flushed with the grip. Remeber that this is the stock grip. The installation of the grips is it easier perhaps? Is the grip wider than the stock?

This is a stock G&P M4 and has a m120 motor.

Question for the owners of aeg and magpul pistol grips.

I took apart my pistol grip and motor in preperation of putting a moe grip in. I wanted to take it apart and put it back quickly just so i can get a feel on how to disassemble and reassemble. I tried to put it back together and the wires prevent the motor base plate from being flushed with the grip. Remeber that this is the stock grip. The installation of the grips is it easier perhaps? Is the grip wider than the stock?

This is a stock G&P M4 and has a m120 motor.

I've got MOE's on both my G&P M4's, and it can be a little bit of a nuisance - You need to first of all back the motor adjustment screw off quite a way - Once that's done, make sure both of the motor wires are running up the back of the grip and then attached to the motor - You then basically need to fiddle with the wires to get the baseplate down and push it on, tighten the screws up and test-fire. One of my guns doesn't even require the adjustment screw as the motor is held at the correct height by the baseplate, whereas the other needs it tightened a few turns.

It's basically trial and error, but it works.

Off topic, but I decided to chime in as well. My MOE pistol grip base plate was a tight fit over the motor and would get in the way of the wires often disconnecting them. I ended up cutting off one of the sides of the base plate that goes over the bottom of the motor. So instead of hugging the motor and pushing on the wires, it sits flat on the motor.

Edit: Disregard last edit. I scared myself. Everything checks fine.

Edited by WTF?Shane

Got to love the longer MOE handguards. On that note, this barrel:

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=7088

To me, the distance between the thickened portion for the gas block and the hop unit end of the barrel looks a fair bit longer than current standard barrels. Would it happen to be for mid-length handguards?

Got to love the longer MOE handguards. On that note, this barrel:

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=7088

To me, the distance between the thickened portion for the gas block and the hop unit end of the barrel looks a fair bit longer than current standard barrels. Would it happen to be for mid-length handguards?

I have the G&P Sr16 barrel that is the same dimension as this barrel. the G&P SR16 URX rail handguard which is 10.5 inches long is about half an inch short to the gas block. G&P really screw up the size on these barrels, they are about 15.3 inches long not 16 inches. They need to make a true 16 inches barrel and move the gas block part back about half an inch.