Element Surefire 600C Scout Light

ok before i start i just want to say this item is probably my best product of the month and in December i spent in the region of £1000 on airsoft gear in total.

I think i paid about $36 for the light and $11 shipping it took about 7 days to turn up from RSOV.com .

The light came well packed in the usually element accessories kind of packaging.

The first thing i did was popped over the road and grabbed some brand new cr123 batteries for it then

unscrewed the head (batteries go in the front not rear like other flashlights) and turned the light on.

I was blinded or course, this maybe small but size does not matter its mega mega bright i would say between 150 to 180 lumens.

The build quality if fantastic and the trades are very accurate too, but have to be cleaned with white spirit or mentholated spirit to remove the black pen they put over the trades for legal reasons.

In my packaging i was lucky enough to get the standard remote pressure switch and the special operation pressure button.

I know from a team mate who had bought this item a week earlier he did not get the pressure button.

The pressure button has three operations it has hard push on and off and soft push is flash and then with a bit of practice there is a strobe setting as well but i haven't really worked it out you have to like push it slightly harder than usual.

To conclude the review if you have been looking at these before then GET ONE!!! you will be more than happy, and if you haven't seen them before but would like a very small and extremely bright, solid good quality weapons light then you can not go wrong with this one, i am considering buying another one so i can have one cryloned and one not.

hope this has helped please let me know if i can help more, and i hope to do some more reviews in the next couple of days.

9A3F6852.jpg

9A3F6846.jpg

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=produ...product_id=3723

Edited by capa
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can also say that this one is one hell of a light.

Great quality and the power is great for outdoor skirmishes, even though it's such a compact light. The beam is a bit tight for indoor use with minimal flood so that might be a bit of a problem for CQB.

I just ordered a tan Element M961 that I might review.

-Luis

a tight beam is good i only want the light to hit the top half of someone's body.

Please do a little review on the 961!!!!

I just received the M961 today, it's pretty good. I'll see if I can get a camera to review it. 8)

Also has a tight beam and minimal flood. Very good throw on it.

-Luis

Thanks for the heads up on this; I noticed it a while back and wondered if it was any good.

Also, if you pick something from RSOV's free shipping list and add it to your order, you get free shipping up to a combined weight of .25kg. I grabbed a patch and the 600c and my total was under $40 shipped.

Hopefully I get the extra cap, I just noticed that it's not in the product photo.

I just got mine today, fantastic piece of kit for only 32.11$ lol :D I am very impressed. Very quick delivery too, it took a one week from RSOV....

This is why I order from RSOV whenever possible; they use the same shipping service but I'll probably have the light mounted on my M4 by the time EBB gets around to dropping my order in the mail.

Any suggestions for a switch holder?

This is why I order from RSOV whenever possible; they use the same shipping service but I'll probably have the light mounted on my M4 by the time EBB gets around to dropping my order in the mail.

What do you mean switch holder? Do you mean where to put the pressure switch?

If so then one of those newer grips with the removeable insert to accomodate switches will work. Try CQD or TD.

-Luis

I'd be interested to see how this compares with my real one, especially with regards to battery life.

Just keep in mind that the real one has all the technology built into the small chip and bulb assembly.

Also, it would be GOLDEN if they made these in FDE.. :D

-Luis

Edited by Luis21

There are a number of solution to mounting the pressure switch. You can go "standard" and just use hooks and loop (velcro) on whatever and wherever you would like the switch to be. You can also tried it on a vertical foregrip by placing it on and securing it with heatshrink (bike innertube) around the foregrip. If you choose to buy new furniture you may try any of the following:

TangoDown 4.125" SureFire SCAR Pocket Panel

TangoDown Rail Grip with Pocket, 6"

TangoDown MK46 Foregrip

Ergo/Falcon Industries Swift Pressure Switch Panel

*Of course their are replicas of some of the furniture

And then there is rail accessories that help manage any loose wires.

Edited by Reincarnation...
Just a couple of questions though, how many CR123 batteries does it take? (...) Since its LED any idea how long the batteries will last? TIA

Take a look at this manual - http://www.world-element.com/products/down...0ScoutLight.pdf, another for m961 - http://www.world-element.com/products/down...cal%20Light.pdf

@Luis21

About reflector. Perhaps one of these will fit CLICK!

Great review! Just a couple of questions though, how many CR123 batteries does it take? Hows the quality of the pressure switch? Since its LED any idea how long the batteries will last? TIA

yeah sorry for not saying it takes two and make sure you get some good quality ones i went for these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-X-ENERGIZER-CR123-...0#ht_1202wt_941

In my packaging i was lucky enough to get the standard remote pressure switch and the special operation pressure button.

I know from a team mate who had bought this item a week earlier he did not get the pressure button.

The pressure button has three operations it has hard push on and off and soft push is flash and then with a bit of practice there is a strobe setting as well but i haven't really worked it out you have to like push it slightly harder than usual....

I got the clicky tail cap as well, and it's a good thing because it makes it much more versatile. Mine doesn't have a flash or momentary on function though, just clicks on and off. Light pressure will douse the light momentarily if it's on, but not the other way round.

I was in a rush to play with my new toy and paid a whopping $18 for a two-pack of generic lithium 123s at Radio Shack. If you're waiting for your light, pick up some reasonably priced batteries beforehand.

You can trick it out a little with this Element LaRue mount if you want to get really fancy.

I got the clicky tail cap as well, and it's a good thing because it makes it much more versatile. Mine doesn't have a flash or momentary on function though, just clicks on and off. Light pressure will douse the light momentarily if it's on, but not the other way round.

I was in a rush to play with my new toy and paid a whopping $18 for a two-pack of generic lithium 123s at Radio Shack. If you're waiting for your light, pick up some reasonably priced batteries beforehand.

You can trick it out a little with this Element LaRue mount if you want to get really fancy.

the real one is the same you touch it gently for flash and then fully press it to keep it on or off

i've just received mine and i have to say... either i've got a lemon or the light output is much less than stated. I've compared it to an old Cree XR-E 6p drop in i have and it's much less bright. I'd say it might only be around 60 lumens. It's bright compared to something like a maglite (which for those in the flashlight-fan world is patheticly dim) but not anywhere near the claimed 180 lumens.

Not awful but not as bright as other users have lead me to beleive. My teammate has one coming in the post as well so i'll soon be able to check if it mine is indeed a one off lemon.

Also i doubt that this is a real CREE emitter. Comparing it to my other CREE lights the area inside around the die should be yellow rather than white.

Edited by tome

Just a quick update while I wait for my mate's clone to turn up so that we can check if i have a lemon.

If my one is not a lemon then this clone is subjectively a little less bright than a standard surefire p60 bulb which is rated at 60 lumens. Which in this modern tactical flashlight age... is rather dim :( The lens as has been noted by other reviewers is very tight and gives very little side spill. The combination of not very bright and not much side spill makes this an odd flashlight. If you do room to room clearance then the lack of side spill makes it less than ideal when bursting into a room. If you're doing outdoor or long range stuff the lack of lumens makes it a poor choice too.

When compared to the real surefire m600c that another mate has the brightness just isn't worth comparing. The push switch is rather different too. The real one has a longer travel and heavier push, making it easier to use as a momentary switch. The clone has a very light switch spring and relatively short travel so it would be easy to mistaken lock the switch on by mistake.

I'll reserve final judgement until I confirm whether my one is a dud, but as it is at the moment it's only worth the price if you like the m600c look and feel and aren't too bothered if it's not quite up there with other tactical flashlights in terms of brightness.