Element Surefire 600C Scout Light

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can anyone else give any input?

I'd like a comparison of the Element M600C with a surefire LED or incandescent lamp.

My M600C was medium brightness but I've never owned any highly bright lamps either....

-Luis

I have a RS Surefire M951. Manufacturer's data puts it at 60 lumens (its incandescent). My ACM M600C (which has a LED assembly) is waaay brighter. I'd have to test range though because although my ACM M600C is brighter, I'm not sure it would illuminate as far as my RS M951...

Its $30 come on these threads get silly after a while and if its dim then you got a dud i used mine at the mall last sunday and the beam is blinding, yes its quite a tight beam but i like that.

I need to revise what I said above as i've gotten hold of a surefire P60 and side by side the eM600c is brighter :)

I know it's $30, hence why i'm not overly upset about it, but i wanted to give a fair comparison with other flashlights out there. I don't want to overly hype a product that performs averagely compared to other items that can be had for a similar price. The features and the finishing are very good but the light output is just average. I have two other lights both equiped with cheap 10 quid p60 sized drop ins. One outperforms this by a noticable margin and the other greatly outperforms this, all still supplied with 6 volts. My teammates' real SF M600c which is rated at a "piddly" 120 lumens completely obliterates this clone, which makes the manufacturer claim of 180 ridiculous.

Maybe I was getting too excited reading about it but i expected to be blown away by the brightness of this light. As it is, i'll stick with my assessment of .... Good, but not great. Perfectly usable, but may be outperformed by other simliarly priced lights.

I just got one of these to test. I'll compare it to my Surefire with a real KX2C head (which is what the real Scout uses). I'll also test it with the TNVC E2 Conversion Head to see if they're compatible and how the light's brightness compares. If it's a big difference in lumens and it's compatible with the TNVC E2 head, this may be a good way for airsofters to have a solid light for relatively cheap.

Will let you all know what I find.

I'm happy to report that mine is a dud!!! (well kinda :P) my friend's one arrived in the post and having compared them it's very clear that mine is not quite right. Check out the attached picture.

My friend's one is easily comparable to a Cree Q5 6p drop in :) so buy away!! It really is a great torch for the price.

post-7759-1264756919_thumb.jpg

I have both the Element and a genuine Scout. The biggest differences are the 'spreadd' of the light and the pressure switch.

The Surefire I have has an LED head. It is very bright, but also very diffuse. For clearing rooms/close range stuff it's great, as it fills the whole room with light. The Element head has a much tighter spot to it and therefore penetrates greater distances. Much better for long range shooting. My 2 are of similar brightness, the Element just seems a bit brighter I think, possibly because of the 'throw' on the light.

The genuine pressure switch is a push fit into the tailcap rather than the screw in fitting of the Element. The Surefire unit feels sturdier although the Element has a thicker sheath on the wiring it's not as flexible.

The bodies have different threads too, so the copy head just screws onto the genuine body whilst the genuine head won't fit the Element. The tail caps aren't interchangeable either.

However, mine is a fairly early Element and apparently the threads are different on the newer ones.

TBH< as a cheap spare head for by Surefire, with a beam pattern that is different and in some ways better, the price is brilliant. I'd also say that if the Element existed when I bought my genuine one, I'd have saved the cash and bought Element!

I installed my fake Scoutlight on an SG9000 shotgun for a night of indoor CQC; the tight beam came in handy especially at longer ranges (40-60 feet). Beam alignment seemed very good with the light mounted under the barrel which was helpful since I was using it without any sights.

Unfortunately, the glass lens cover was shattered at some point, either from me bumping the light on a wall or a direct hit. The light was still functioning through the star-burst so I didn't notice the damage for a while. Any suggestions for a replacement?

I just got one of these to test. I'll compare it to my Surefire with a real KX2C head (which is what the real Scout uses). I'll also test it with the TNVC E2 Conversion Head to see if they're compatible and how the light's brightness compares. If it's a big difference in lumens and it's compatible with the TNVC E2 head, this may be a good way for airsofters to have a solid light for relatively cheap.

I hope you post soon this comparison!

thanks for your work!

Didn't it say in a few posts above that it's subjectively possibly brighter than the real SF Scoutlight? :-) Surely that's enough brightness for you hehe. Seriously though the real scoutlight is plenty bright and this really does seem about equivalent.

The genuine pressure switch is a push fit into the tailcap rather than the screw in fitting of the Element. The Surefire unit feels sturdier although the Element has a thicker sheath on the wiring it's not as flexible.

The bodies have different threads too, so the copy head just screws onto the genuine body whilst the genuine head won't fit the Element. The tail caps aren't interchangeable either.

However, mine is a fairly early Element and apparently the threads are different on the newer ones.

Thanks for the heads up! II'm definitely getting one as soon as my budget permits thanks to everyone who put in info on this torch :)

I'm curious to know about the TNVC E2 conversion too. Did you try that? Did it require any special fitting?

I assume the threads on the fake Scout are taller given that the heads from the fake fit on the real one but not vise versa.

Can't wait to hear how the TNVC head works out! I just ordered one of these. As I said a few posts back, I have a real one for my real AR but due to the cost, I'm too scared to use it for Airsoft and risk the head/glass getting broken. Can't wait for the copy to show up from RSOV.

I ordered that LaRue Tactical Scout Light mount too!

Do these have unique serial numbers or are they all A58440? I'm hoping they're all the same because if not I think I might have just got eBay scammed on a real one...

From what I've seen here in this thread, all the copies have the same serial number.

I know my real one has a different serial number though.

The copy is easy to tell, on the copy the pressure switch screws in, on the real one it pushes in.

Link us the eBay ad.

If you paid with a credit card, your good. Paypal won't be helpful but you can do a credit card charge back for fraud and send the sellers Paypal account into the negative.

I'll try to dig up the ad, not sure how to access it now that it's expired.

My serial number is certainly different. Quality of the material/bulb/etc seems pretty high to me, but I started wondering when I noticed the pressure switch is generic and not Surefire branded... much like the one seen here.

My tailcap is definitely threaded, but Surefire's own site clearly indicates that it "screws on", so I'm not sure what you mean about "pushes in."

Oh, this is a M600B and not M600C, although I doubt that makes any difference.