Element Surefire 600C Scout Light

My serial number is certainly different. Quality of the material/bulb/etc seems pretty high to me, but I started wondering when I noticed the pressure switch is generic and not Surefire branded... much like the one seen here.

My tailcap is definitely threaded, but Surefire's own site clearly indicates that it "screws on", so I'm not sure what you mean about "pushes in."

Oh, this is a M600B and not M600C, although I doubt that makes any difference.

Older Surefire Scout used the generic type pressure switch.

Probably the easier why to check is to check the head, only if the unit with not upgrade with a new head. M600B is a incandescent while the M600C is an LED. The element clone is a replica of the Surefire M600C.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

see if you can take the head apart. The real ones don't come apart like in the picture earlier in the thread where you can get to the emitter itself. The real heads are sealed units

Ah, all right. The head is sealed.

Thanks for easing my worries, guys. Just didn't want to get into a situation where I'm expecting the light to work in the pouring rain or whatever and suddenly it dies because I got conned out of $150!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys... I just received one of these to check out for our Airsoft shop. I ordered the 600C Scoutlight AND the replica LaRue QD throw lever mount.

HOW IN THE HELL do you attach the LaRue QD mount LOL!? :D

There are no screws with the mount or with the light to attach it. Where do you find the screws? My local hardware store has nothing we can find that seems to fit. Does anyone know what thread and length screws I'm suppose to be using with this thing? The mounts worthless without screws!

Other then that, I'm impressed with the quality of both parts.

Edited by kdogg
Hey guys... I just received one of these to check out for our Airsoft shop. I ordered the 600C Scoutlight AND the replica LaRue QD throw lever mount.

HOW IN THE HELL do you attach the LaRue QD mount LOL!? :D

There are no screws with the mount or with the light to attach it. Where do you find the screws? My local hardware store has nothing we can find that seems to fit. Does anyone know what thread and length screws I'm suppose to be using with this thing? The mounts worthless without screws!

Other then that, I'm impressed with the quality of both parts.

The mount that it came with, already on, does that not have 2 screws on the bottom?

I installed my fake Scoutlight on an SG9000 shotgun for a night of indoor CQC; the tight beam came in handy especially at longer ranges (40-60 feet). Beam alignment seemed very good with the light mounted under the barrel which was helpful since I was using it without any sights.

Unfortunately, the glass lens cover was shattered at some point, either from me bumping the light on a wall or a direct hit. The light was still functioning through the star-burst so I didn't notice the damage for a while. Any suggestions for a replacement?

I had my genuine scout light's glass broken by a BB a while ago. Since the unit is sealed, it's not easy to get a new lens in there. I found a cap-protector solution. I cut the middle out of a black bottle-cap from a water bottle. It's the same size as the widest part of the scout light. Put in some lexan and insulation- taped it on the end of the light. No more broken glass. Doesn't look much like an add-on.

The screws you need for the Element LaRue Tactical Scout Light mount are metric M4 x .70 thread pitch x 6mm long.

They have that funny beveled head on them shaped like the holes in the LaRue QD mount obviously.

Odd they would not included them. They cost me a whole 0.46 cents U.S.

Edited by kristmen

Just thought I'd post my initial findings.

I compared the Element 600C to a few of the lights in my possession ...

Element 600C has a surprisingly bright light. The beam/hot spot created is a functional size but it's focused and so the side spill is very minimal (which I'm not crazy about... but for the price, it'll do).

Brightness comparisons:

Element 600C vs Surefire G2 with TNVC Cree Q5 : Element 600C is slightly brighter (but much less spill).

Element 600C vs Surefire E2D with TNVC E2 Conversion Head : About the same. The Element 600C might be slightly brighter.

Element 600C vs Viking Tactics/Surefire E2D (KX2C head) : Viking Tactics is superior in every regard. But only slightly brighter than the Element 600C.

The pressure pad on the Element 600C is decent. For an ACM product it's probably one of the nicest tape pressure switches I've seen. Depressing the switch along its length produced consistent activation.

The housing for the light, is okay. Not pretty but not butt ugly either. Surefire products tend to have a certain level of finish and refinement which the Element 600C is missing but it's really only evident when you get really close to it (i.e. inspecting it).

Overall, the light is pretty decent, and more than good enough for airsoft. For the price ... it's hard to beat. I personally wouldn't use it on a real gun, but airsofting with it should be fine. Not bad at all.

Edited by uscmCorps

I have fitted surefire tailcaps to the element scout light, the threds on the element body starts to high, so you get out dremel and take about 1 and half thred of the end of the body and thats it, SF tailcaps fit.

Edited by jkpics
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Can you remove the monut so that you could mount then on a dubble mount? Like the one Haley and Costa use I mean.

Without work, no.

The Surefire Scout series of weapon light uses fixed mounting points that are molded into the body of the light. Those fixed points will prevent you from slipping the light through the Larue ring of the light mount.

You could probably grind the fixed points off, however then you would compromise the finish and even then I don't know if it will fit the Larue ring.

Surefire E2D were used by Haley and Costa I believe. Surefire E2D are pretty much Surefire Scout M600 with a two stage bezel head and no fixed body molded points.

Edited by Reincarnation...

Okay thank you.

I just order one from Gunfire in Poland. And according to their product desciption it should come with both the tape switch and the pusch botton. So if it's the same Element 600c light that RSOV have, they both should be there. But I'll wait until at get it to confirm that the info is accurate.

Sorry for dubble posting, but I can't edit my previus post.

I gott my Element 600c today. It's the same articelnumer (EX072) as the one found on RSOV. I got both the tapeswitch and the puschbutton in mine. And as I mentioned in my previus post, the product description on Gunfire states that it should come with both. So does of you that have bougth it from RSOV and didn't get both endcaps, should proberbly drop RSOV an E-mail and ask them whats up.

• 2 months later...

I tested swapping components between my Element Surefire 600C sample with my real Surefire Scout lights. The Element 600C (and I'm guessing also the Element 300A by proxy) can use real Surefire Scout / E-Series tail components such as the UE07 Remote Switch, and the Z68 Tailcap Switch ... which is good because the remote tape switch that comes with the Element 600C is pretty horrible. If you do decide to get a new tape switch for the Element Scout, you MUST buy the entire UE07 tail switch assemble, not just the (ST) tape switch, as the rear screw on caps for the Element and Surefire Scouts have slightly different plug sockets.

Also, the Element 600C / 300A is not compatible with real KX2C / KM2 heads. But the replica Element KX2C head is pretty good in of itself. The replica KX2C is not as bright as the real KX2C, and has very little spill (much sharper edge than the real deal), but is good and very usable.

Another thing I noticed about my Element Sample is that the Element replica of the LaRue Scout QD mount is pretty bad. I think it's mostly because of the large tension hex screw they used, but the LaRue mount is a bit loose when mounted. Had to use some electrical tape to act as a spacer.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question for anyone who owns one of these - I'm considering getting one, but I'd like to know if you can use rechargeable 123a batteries in this torch. Would just help to cut down on battery costs.

Thanks!

Edited by Stuey