Element Surefire 600C Scout Light

Ah thanks, just what I wanted to know :)

I wanted to know because rechargeable 123a's have a higher voltage (3.6V) than disposable 123a's (3V), but given that it's an LED the torch most likely has a driver circuit which regulates the voltage to whatever it is the LED needs.

Anyone else tried rechargeables?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah ok, i havent run them for a long time. Just chucked them in for a quick test. So yeah unsure if the voltage would make too much difference but then again im not an expert. Im sure someone wise awesome powers will jump in with knowledge shortly haha.

Great review! Just a couple of questions though, how many CR123 batteries does it take? Hows the quality of the pressure switch? Since its LED any idea how long the batteries will last? TIA

it uses 2 cr123's

pressure switch in one of the best ACM ones ive come across, 6+ months of use so far and still as good as new

i run mine on 3.7v rechargeable's in a CBQ site underground, so lots of use and i only recharge every few weeks, so id guess approx 4hrs burn time

ive also just got the peq box version, same cree led but with blue low light, red laser & IR illuminater !!!!

it uses 2 cr123's

pressure switch in one of the best ACM ones ive come across, 6+ months of use so far and still as good as new

i run mine on 3.7v rechargeable's in a CBQ site underground, so lots of use and i only recharge every few weeks, so id guess approx 4hrs burn time

ive also just got the peq box version, same cree led but with blue low light, red laser & IR illuminater !!!!

Ah so rechargeables do work? Excellent, I'll be having one of these!

Anyone knows if its possible to buy an extra pressurepad/wire/connector?

In the same boat matey, my wire came completly off the part that screws into the torch.

I found one from surefire with the endcap but at $80 i might aswell just buy a new one from rsov.

does anyone know where/if they sell spare parts for the EM961?

• 3 months later...

The screws you need for the Element LaRue Tactical Scout Light mount are metric M4 x .70 thread pitch x 6mm long.

They have that funny beveled head on them shaped like the holes in the LaRue QD mount obviously.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Sorry for the necrounsure.gif, but seeing that since there's a few people on this thread with a replica M961, I want to ask whether the switch wire can be twisted/pulled out of the back of the light itself? I've tried twisting the switch both ways and it wouldn't budge, and I don't want to use piler's yet since its still pretty new...

I managed to snap one of the Element M961s up at Shootercbgear / Shooter Gear a few days ago for a pretty good price at HKD 388 (USD ~49.88) and man this light is bright biggrin.gif Just managed to find the Element M961 manual and it states its' max output is 188 lumens...which I'll say is pretty close when compared to my 200 lumen Surefire E2D Defendertongue.gif

• 1 month later...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Surefire-KL1-LED-Module-E-Series-E1e-E2e-E2D-Scout-/260827222689?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item3cba8392a1#ht_500wt_1203 - Has anyone tried to swap out the heads on the Element one?

EDIT - Never mind, found the answer, and it is no.

Edited by ericfine50
  • 4 months later...

Sorry for yet another necro.

I recently got my element scout light, but I can't seem to fit a battery inside. AAAs are too small, AA and CR123s are too thick. This is one of the latest scout light versions

In case you didn't know, the batteries are not installed by unscrewing the tailcap. You actually unscrew the lamp assembly to access the battery compartment, which takes cr123's. This tricked me at first too, but it makes sense because it allows you to change tailcaps/pressureswitches without worrying about the batteries coming out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a friend who was nice enough to send me the new tan M600C and M300A.

IMG_2006.jpg

Trademarks are there, however he had to Sharpie through them. Nothing an alcohol swab can't fix.

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

IMG_2009.jpg

All 3 of my lights.

IMG_2010.jpg

300A on my MAG-KU:

IMG_2011.jpg

Few notes:

-Pressure switch is much softer than the old version, takes lot less force to turn it on. Not sure if I like this yet, though the old one was a bit too firm.

-Color is a very good mix of tan, gold, and bronze (you can see it in the last picture). Finish is anodized of course, but too bad it's not the same tan as the RS.

-Light brightness seems the same as the old version, though my black one is currently broken so I can't do a side by side test.

-The thumb click switch is much firmer than my older switch - that's a plus for me.

Overall these new versions still show Element really know how to make flashlights. Plus I believe they're cheaper than the old black ones!

Have any of you guys noticed that the pressure switch is a bit finicky? Sometimes I unscrew mine, and screw it all the way back in and it doesn't work. Then I back it out a little and it works perfectly. Then I can come back later, screw it the rest of the way in, and it works just fine. What's up with this?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The most accurate/realistic SF replica i've seen is made by a brand called 'FireKylin'.

Although quite expensive for a replica (a LED M952 costs ~$80), but firekylin feature real HA type III surface treatment just like real surefires and because it's a 100% clone, all internal/external parts are interchangeable with real SFs.

The most difficult feature to 'clone' is 1.Surefire's iconic green / greyish 'sheen' and the very thin natual satin black finish on their HA typeIII treated aluminium and 2. surefire's hi-power laser engraving which burns right through the hard treated surface . Firekylin cloned both feature spot on. (and that's very scary if you own a real SF and know what i'm saying. )

I'm just about to make a thread about how to distinguish between the real SF and Firekylin clone.

Edited by amblin83

The most accurate/realistic SF replica i've seen is made by a brand called 'FireKylin'.

Although quite expensive for a replica (a LED M952 costs ~$80), but firekylin feature real HA type III surface treatment just like real surefires and because it's a 100% clone, all internal/external parts are interchangeable with real SFs.

The most difficult feature to 'clone' is 1.Surefire's iconic green / greyish 'sheen' and the very thin natual satin black finish on their HA typeIII treated aluminium and 2. surefire's hi-power laser engraving which burns right through the hard treated surface . Firekylin cloned both feature spot on. (and that's very scary if you own a real SF and know what i'm saying. )

I'm just about to make a thread about how to distinguish between the real SF and Firekylin clone.

Did you order it directly from FE themselves (I remember they have a website) or through an airsoft retailer? In HK I haven't seen any shop carrying FE stuff other than WGC (but I think they took it down already).