Clone Spectre DR, er... where the heck did this come from?

tome

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is probably quite a intricate thing to replicate that's why it cost so much.

Perhaps, but if the glass is as poor or misaligned as most replica magnifiers are, and the eye relief as bad as those, that'd be $400 seriously wasted.

So what else can I blow $400 on?

~$200 real steel Bushnell Holosight, ~$40 clone 3x magnifier

~$400 real steel Aimpoint, $40 clone 3x magnifier

~$200 real steel C-More sight

~$450 real steel Trijicon Reflex

All proven, well known manufactures and products, with warranty *except the clone magnifiers*, so why should I blow that much money for something without a name brand, proven product, or warranty?

What you say is true and i do agree that it's better to spend the money on a sight with a guarantee of quality. However if they have replicated the optic well then the performance in magnified mode will be significantly better than using a clone magnifier with a real steel aimpoint/holosight. The eye relief and field of view from those ACM magnifiers is terrible. Exactly like looking through half a compact binocular :( From the pictures the FOV on the clone DR is already better than the clone magnifiers.

1700 usd is not much, I was a real soldier/deployed I would have bought it, since it's like all in one.

But for airsoft... I would have an eotech and 3x magnifier ACM, or a G&P ACOG... not a ACM copy for 400 bucks.

Has any one Evan noticed the name of the web site ?

War Idoit.org :D

Have you noticed that there online store has a Grand Total of 26 ITEMS FOR SALE !

Yet they claim to have been running since 2006.

I honestly think this website sounds as iffy as a camel suffering from Acute diarrhea. :o

It just Screams -don't spend your money here as you will be very lucky to get your goods.

If it is a legit store (NO address & no telephone NO-just email address) then the The $400 dollar price tag is most likely aimed at ripping of suckers who are willing to pay through the nose to get the site first.

I think once it arrives on gunner airsoft and the rest of the online retailers that the price will be more reasonable.Fingers crossed anyway.

Waridiot.org is an airsoft parts and outfitting gears trading company. It has been establishing since 2006. We are specializing in airsoft parts and outfitting gears which are made in China and Japan. Our customers are worldwide mainly from the States, Europe or even South East Asia

I goggled WarIdoit.org and the only things i found was the owner posting adverts for his company on a number of airsoft forum websites.

Any one ever heard of them before or done business with them?

86231h.jpg

Perhaps someone like G&P will come out with a working replica soon, and for a decent price! But only time will tell, and in the meantime, unless you have the money to just blow away on such an optic, then patience is the key for us all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So, an ELCAN Specter DR is available on EBB now...I don't advise you go and look, though, as the EBB pages will infect your computer with a Trojan.

I had faith in McAfee, so I went and looked. It is 4x only, most likely has ACM ACOG internals.

Price is $150.00.

-Vic

Just out of curiosity, which armies use the elcan specter? :)

US SOCOM Block 2:

block2.jpg

Sorry for the small picture. It can be pretty hard to find decent Block 2 kit list pics.

Seems like 1/2 of the results list are made up of Hispeed1's pics, and he doesn't own one of these...

...yet. :D

needs fde

It'd look like a hunk of gold bullion clamped on to the upper receiver...

Having the option wouldn't be a bad thing, though, I guess.

-Vic

lol, i noticed the trojan problem yesterday. however, Avast intercepts and deletes it every time, so i still browse.

i must have this thing. if they release a tan version, i wont be able to contain myself. only thing is, i dont have any guns that it will look good one.

well... i have my brothers G36c. i guess it would look ok on that.

Ive been looking for pics of the RS Specter DEr and Ive come across many slight differences between RS scopes, so I guess this replica (not a clone) is accurate to some model.

I too wish for an FDE/gold model, wich Im sure theylll make, just like the many FDE ACOGS out there.

EDIT: I just sent EB an email enquiring about a possible FDE version.

Archived