Clone Spectre DR, er... where the heck did this come from?

tome

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second topic on the Spectre DR merged into this in 24 hours <_< C'mon guys, all you have to do is hit the 'view by last post' link and look a couple of topics down to see there is already a topic about this!

Second topic on the Spectre DR merged into this in 24 hours <_< C'mon guys, all you have to do is hit the 'view by last post' link and look a couple of topics down to see there is already a topic about this!

Rob...it is a fruitcaging ELCAN Specter DR replica...it deserves at least 30 topics!

:P

-Vic

Pual told me he would ask the manufacturer about a possible FDE version.

Nice, I would like an EBB-FDE version also. As long as its not the color of their "FDE" ACOG's (golden-tan). I wish it will have the correct top so you can mount a replice Docter red dot like the one's we've seen.

well, that "correct top" is just a mount that you screw into the holes you see at the top of the sight. the mounts for ACOGs are very similar and it appears that, with the inclusion of those holes, that whoever makes the clone SpectreDR had it in mind to make the doctor sight mounts as well.

Yeah I ordered one too, We'll get two sets of impressions, although I just use optics for looks and checking to see if a bush is really a bush and not a person, I don't really shoot by them, don't trust BBs to be consistent.

I use my current ELCAN for spotting as well. Thanks to the 4x magnification, it is great for that role. Only if I am in a stationary position will I use the scope to shoot with. I have to say, my ACM Elcan lenses are fairly robust. I took a solid 400fps hit to my scope in the last game I participated in. Not a scratch or crack on the lens. Just a white halo where the BB impacted.

I hope that this Spectre scope has the same level of durability.

Are there photos of a SpecterDR in use with a Docter on top?

I want one of these (as long as the optics turn out decent), but I'm going to use it with my 1 o'clock T-1 as a backup, though it seems silly to have a backup RDS on an optic that is supposed to be an RDS itself.

Ah, For some reason I thought it was because they integrated the "DR" (like Dr. for doctor) sight into an 4x sight for a dual role sight, not that the DR stood for dual role.

It does look good with the doctor sight on top, I wonder if they will mount.

Archived