Ebaybanned trust went out the window

ReeL StEel

This is really confusing dont want to go off topic but i have opened disputes before and once i have escalated they have closed in that second by automation because paypal do not cover you unless the payment is made on ebay thats what it said. I opened up a dispute with gunner when the gun i recieved was in bits and broken and paypal did nothing.

Edit: perhaps they changed there policy, the gunner dispute was such a long time ago but they do now cover people in there t&c if you pay on a merchants website through paypal so thats Good, makes me feel better as i have always been wary since the gunner issue. However they still dont cover private sales.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is really confusing dont want to go off topic but i have opened disputes before and once i have escalated they have closed in that second by automation because paypal do not cover you unless the payment is made on ebay thats what it said. I opened up a dispute with gunner when the gun i recieved was in bits and broken and paypal did nothing.

Edit: perhaps they changed there policy, the gunner dispute was such a long time ago but they do now cover people in there t&c if you pay on a merchants website through paypal so thats Good, makes me feel better as i have always been wary since the gunner issue. However they still dont cover private sales.

i believe its that Gunner about 2-3 months ago just updated his Paypal software on his website, he was using the old system for a longtime maybe that did not allow those things or something.

item is now showing as posted cheers Josh ;) .

but and a big BUT will it be one of the 3 wrong items jesse has tried to send or will it be the right item :rolleyes: .

i used to be happy with the service from ebaybanned Josh and this is not the first time i have used them . but this saga has left me disappointed and a bit fed up with them and do not think i will trust them again . guess not prepared to go through this grief again . as sods law dictates it will be my order that gets messed up :D .

i have left paypal claim run till i see what turns up .

it may be ear picks :D:D thank god with his rubbish english he never added an R in ear picks :D

I also have had a bad experience with ebaybanned :( I ordered a vertical foregrip and 2 days later got the tracking number. After about a week I told them the tracking/confirmation number didn't work but they replied that it takes time. After about 2 weeks from the last message I asked them again and got the same answer. After waiting about 5 weeks I told them I was going to file a paypal complaint. It turns out that they never even sent out my package at all :angry: I asked for a refund and 1 week later I got it but since there is a paypal fee I actually lost money :( I will never buy anything from them again :angry:

This is not cool at all, a lot more people that I thought are having issues with ebairsoft :angry:

I got my refund back to my account yesterday so for me this farse has ended.

The only good thing about this is that upon escalating to a Claim teh refund was back in my account in 2 days. They never bothered to answer my questions when it was only a dispute, which makes me conclude that they just want to stall time (disputes closes after 20 days if not turning into a claim) The very next day after I filed a Claim I had a mail saying a refund was on its way.

Cheeky bast#¤" :D

Just got an order from EBB, took about a month but it showed up.

Also almost ALL my friends have ordered from them too without issues other then SLOW order times. I think the longest one I've ever heard about among my friends was about 3 months. I assume they were out of stock on an item and they pretty much ignored my friend too but his package did finally show up.

Now I'm really mad. 10 days after I made my $150 order I sent them an email asking if it had shipped, this is the response.

We will ship your order once we have received your money

cordially,

Jesse^_^

The problem with this is that I payed when I checked out via payapl. I've forwarded on the transaction ID number but I have to say after dealing with Hobby-King (another chinese based hobby shop) this service is terrible, and I will now go out of my way instead of ordering from them.

Ebaybanned is off my list of places to shop.

Hobbyking / hobbycity is a great place, use the ems shipping option though and your goods will arrive VERY quickly; they even let you specify what price to put on the shipping label & description- I recently made a ~$200 order for r/c truck lipos and had the label read as $20 = no import fees, huzzar!

I made my last order with EBB a while ago. I've made a lot of orders from them and I've steadily seen the quality of the service decline. They used to be very good, even on shipping times, but I've been getting incomplete orders, very slow orders, orders that when chased up get fake tracking numbers etc.

I'm not ordering from them anymore unless I can't get what I'm after anywhere else. Shame really.

I was thinking the same but at the same time I've seen companies deal with a great volume of orders, with only three employees, and still have a two to three day turnaround from receipt to shipment. 10 days is inexcusable even considering how easy paypal makes it to organize orders and print labels/order sheets, heck a streamlined company could be profiting like crazy off of items like this.

Take HobbyKing/HobbyCity for example, RC hobbies are far much more popular than Airsoft, and hobby city deals with a substantially greater volume than EBB, yet they most likely have a similar employee base and I get orders from HC in under one week consistently.

Pretty bad experience with them too:

I placed an order for 3 items. Waited two weeks, nothing happened.

Then because of some new regulations, I ask if I can cancel one of the item since apparently it hasn't been shipped yet (was a laser, and their use got forbidden while I was waiting for the order to arrive).

The guy finally answers after 2 days and says the order already left and it can't be canceled. Fair enough I think, I wait for the order.

One week later the order arrives, I check the shipping date, it was 2 days after the guy had answer me, so he pretty much bullcrapped me just to get the item sold.

End of the game, had to wait over 3 weeks for the order, and the guy was a *beep*. Never again I'll order from them, no trust whatsoever.

http://www.ms-infinity.com/link.htm

http://www.magpul-pts.com/dealers.html

is he selling all legit Magpul stuff? i cannot see anywhere remarks of him being a dealer, i could swear few of the cheaper parts prices are so cheap that it couldn't be legit Magpul parts, im talking about EBB if someone didn't get it :D . If im wrong my apoligies, just been thinking for longer time and now see the dealers list and their name is not anywhere up there.

I've seen how some of these airsoft business work in Hong Kong and the business model is definately not the same as in other places. Although we all expect e-commerce to have a certain standard of service level agreement, there really isn't a globally recognized standard (Ie ISO) for these businesses. You wouldn't believe the arguments and grotesque feelings I've had to exchange even from local walk-in shops arguing over a $2 item which was flawed and returned within an hour of purchase. I am honestly a big spender when it comes to airsoft, but these shops feel that your business is insignificant to them. It's hard for them to see the larger picture that good customer service pays off in the long run when you establish rapport with clients. In the end, they're just out to make a quick dollar off of you.

I was just browsing this thread out of curiosity (I live in Hong Kong so I don't mailorder) so I looked up the EBB website. They say they're based in mainland China (presumably just over the border in Guandong provence).

Now I understand why there are so many complaints against this retailler- as crappy as customer service is in Hong Kong, it's generally miles ahead of what you get over the border. Don't get me wrong, there are some wonderful people in China, but you generally don't find them operating business in the middle of industrial wastelands like Shenzhen or Donguan.

I've now developed the general rule never to buy anything from China sight unseen- if I need stuff from the mainland, I go there in person (which generally takes an entire day). Save money via mailorder and spend hours or days of aggro getting the problems sorted out? No thanks!

I was just browsing this thread out of curiosity (I live in Hong Kong so I don't mailorder) so I looked up the EBB website. They say they're based in mainland China (presumably just over the border in Guandong provence).

Now I understand why there are so many complaints against this retailler- as crappy as customer service is in Hong Kong, it's generally miles ahead of what you get over the border. Don't get me wrong, there are some wonderful people in China, but you generally don't find them operating business in the middle of industrial wastelands like Shenzhen or Donguan.

I've now developed the general rule never to buy anything from China sight unseen- if I need stuff from the mainland, I go there in person (which generally takes an entire day). Save money via mailorder and spend hours or days of aggro getting the problems sorted out? No thanks!

From what I know it's run by a bunch of HK guys. You do know they did open up an actual shop in Mong Kok right?

they are based in Hong Kong just have office in Mainland, right on the Kwok Wah street corner.*Edit its not a bunch of guys, just one guy :D our beloved Paul

Just ordered first of january, received an email yesterday with a tracking number that seems to work.

A small update, I received three working tracking numbers last week and the week before... Yesterday I got 2 out of the 3 items I ordered.

I guess I must've been lucky :mellow:

Cordially

From what I know it's run by a bunch of HK guys. You do know they did open up an actual shop in Mong Kok right?

I didn't realise that- just saw a note on their site saying they were based in China.

Where abouts in the MK cluster are they- I haven't seen the store (though I'd expect them to have a less weird name if they had a physical store!)

I've got to say though, local airsoft stores seem to have some of the worst customer service I've ever come across, even for HK. I think that I've only found a couple of stores where the staff were pleasant (the clothing place and New Sniper).

I had an issue with them recently too. I bought an Army R27 that did not function and asked them to make right. The wonderful Jesse said he would replace the magazine and gave me a tracking number saying he shipped it. Every week the tracking number did not work and I emailed them weekly. Jesse gave similar answers every week that he would expedite it until finally he said it was out of stock. I called ###### because he already issued a tracking number but couldn't file a Paypal dispute due to elapsed time. My credit card company (Bank of America) backed me up (so far) and gave me the money back. EBB tried to fight it by saying they delivered the item but I showed B of A the email exchanges (with the lies) and so far I have been able to retain the chargeback, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Oh I'm not giving him more than a month on this, If I don't get a response by the end of the week with a working tracking number I'm opening up a paypal dispute, and if I don't recieve my item in two weeks (14 business days as I assume if I get a tracking number but don't receive it in this amount of time the tracking number is fraudulous) or it does not show up on USPS's site I'm escalating the claim right away.

I'm sick of this. This thread should be stickied, especially with how helpful places like gunner and RSOV are compared to ebaybanned, not to mention redwolf, WGC, dentrinity, boomarms and all the others are, Paul needs to realize if he dosen't get his butt in gear he's going to lose this thing.

Archived