KJ WORKS KP-06

had been eyeing this baby for 2 months , teammate has alread got 2 using it as their primary arm in pistol fights .

the full aluminium construction used is a huge plus for me as monkey metal tends to warp and get all funny *cough* WE hi capas*cough* and Japanese plastic is STILL plastic , the slide still cracks eventually during the quite early life of the pistol.

pros:

Great value for price (3000NT)

Comes with magwell installed

Adjustable Optic fibre sights (ala MW2 USP/shotgun sights) up/down + left/right

huge capacity (30 rounds)

12KG gas standard

Very secure feeling grip + texture is extremely grippy physically wise.

Very controllable recoil (nice kick but ironically very controllable for follow ups)

Very accurate (>2" groups at 3M, will do longer distance testing once I start skirmishing)

Reputably very long ranged (teammates say at 15M , shooting a human sized target is still quite easy for a stock pistol)

Adjustable hop up (TM HI CAPA style)

Magazine interchangeable with TM / WE HI CAPA

All safetys work ala 1911 , none are cosmetic.

lightened stock hammer

lightened full aluminum adjustable pull length trigger (have to ask the IPSC guys what this is about)

Full Aluminum construction (with inner barrel , internals and grip as exceptions)

1911 grip angle (more instinctive for me)

cons:

HUGE (20CM+)

HEAVY (>1KG)

Wont fit standard 1911 hoisters

no markings except for the KJ marking on the body

Very high exit velocity (>105M/s)

For 3000NT , with a very good 12kg gas magazine , pre installed magwell, adjustable optic sights and adjustable trigger pull length ,

and a lightened hammer,

this thing is the ender of all stock semi auto gas pistols if weight is not taken into account.(its bloody heavy but its an internally 5" barrelled HI capa)

post-21988-1262726418_thumb.jpg

post-21988-1262726425_thumb.jpg

post-21988-1262726432_thumb.jpg

post-21988-1262726437_thumb.jpg

post-21988-1262726444_thumb.jpg

post-21988-1262726451_thumb.jpg

Edited by ktk_ace
12KG? Kilogram? dont you mean 12g CO2 cartridges?

Thanks for the review, nice and cool pistol :)

its 12Kg gas, one grade over green .

My guess is that it takes UP TO 12KG , green should be Ok for warmer days.

Edited by ktk_ace

It is hard to find critical faults with the KP-06.

As Ktk has highlighted most points. Though accuracy is more like 1.5cm groups at 8m, rather than 2" at 3M.

However, a few things in lowish temperatures (5-15*C). The hammer spring tension was designed to work with hi pressure gases. On propane mags you get about 12-15 rounds out of a fully charged magazine, firing 1 round per second, before the gun refuses to cycle.

To get the pistol to work well in lower temperatures, a stock marui hammer spring can be used, which will give you about 1.5 mags of BBs per charge. But as soon as you lower the hammer tension, the power decreases by about 20fps, to about the same power as a TM 5.1 Hicapa.

Steel hammer too BTW.

Also the fibre optic sights do fall out from the recoil from using CO2 gas. I locktited them in.

You can increase the power by modifying the floating valve, but thats another story altogether. :)

Overall its a nice piece, but the clunky size makes it more for target shooting and IPSC than a combat sidearm.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

I dunno, I always clean my guns, then I set the hop over a distance first, and I always use dry gasses (propane) so no oil gets into the hop.

Then I just point it at the target paper and squeeze the trigger.

2 Inches at 3m is like 5cm at 3m. A Maruzen PPK can do better than that at twice that distance.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
  • 5 months later...

No BS, Done that with a Marui Desert Eagle on 2 occasions, so its not impossible given the barrel length on the KP 06 is the same as a Desert Eagle.

Given that I have hit figure 12 (prone targets) with a KSC Glock 17 at 45m with 0.25g BBs its not that hard to believe a KP06 can hit a (very unlucky) guy in the head at 50m.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...