Parrot UAV

Agent47

not for the screen you can't. doesnt matter if it gets hit anywhere else, if it hits the screen you're *fruitcage*ed.

soldiers use them for a practical purpose, this is a game, it wont save our lives or make our lives any easier it'll just get *fruitcage*ed up.

i just think is it worth risking ruining an expensive bit of tech for the sake of being able to see your opponents 50ft away. as for anyone thinking 'what are the odds it'll get hit', out of all the thousands upon thousands of BBs i've had fired at me over the years only 2 or 3 have EVER hit my goggles, but we all wear them the chance may be slim but its not worth the risk (in this case it's not worth risking £400 for something so trivial)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not at all worried about using mine in-game. If I am using it, it'll be in a milsim game where its capabilities are required (team location, or this UAV if the imaging was any use, which it won't be) - the likelihood of a bb coming at my screen from behind me while I'm looking at it is extremely small. The rest of the time it'll be packed away. Obviously, it could definitely happen in cqb, but these applications aren't any use in that.

I've used it before for google maps of large sites like ground zero. It was very useful. Now with TeamGPS I expect it to be even more useful on the next big game.

I'd rate this alongside that so called "motion sensor" nice idea, not practical for actual use.

infact i have used motion sensors in CQB before as i play in a maze of tunnels where this is a perfect early warning system. Just make sure you get some half descent ones (e.g not from argos) ;)

Oh I can see this being a right winner in airsoft

Team Member A: controls the UAV and instructs team members B & C to move in

Enemy A: Shoots at UAV damaging one of the rotors

UAV: goes out of control, rapidly looses height...

Random Player: violently collects UAV in the face

Paramedics: eta 20 minutes

Oh I can see this being a right winner in airsoft

Team Member A: controls the UAV and instructs team members B & C to move in

Enemy A: Shoots at UAV damaging one of the rotors

UAV: goes out of control, rapidly looses height...

Random Player: violently collects UAV in the face

Paramedics: eta 20 minutes

or team member BAAAAAAAAAAAAWs because his UAV or expensive phone gets ruined ;)

Archived