USMC Loadouts

Mr.USMC

Mr.USMC I have my doubts that the gloves in that reference pic are black nomex fliers, quite frankly I dont think black ones were ever issued, its likely those are some other kind of gloves, mechanix maybe? its really blurry so its hard to tell

Thats very true pal... Well to be honest it was just my wild quess, like you said its very blurry picture. Anyways thx for your tip, il try to figure out some good/possible gloves for that loadout.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hehe, yea i've been looking at the pic now trying to figure it out.. those may very well be black fliers cause i see where the grey leather part would be on a sage nomex flier.. but yeah still just way hard to tell

im sure either way it will make for an excellent kit man :) good job so far :D

EDIT: Oh also for the ess goggles, those might not necissarily be black framed goggles, as mine (as you can see in my sig and avatar) are OD framed but came with the black sleeve

hehe, yea i've been looking at the pic now trying to figure it out.. those may very well be black fliers cause i see where the grey leather part would be on a sage nomex flier.. but yeah still just way hard to tell

im sure either way it will make for an excellent kit man :) good job so far :D

EDIT: Oh also for the ess goggles, those might not necissarily be black framed goggles, as mine (as you can see in my sig and avatar) are OD framed but came with the black sleeve

Thank you very much, btw forgot to comment also your wl mccuu kit, which looks very good. When you get those throat/neck protector to CB, then the kit looks orgasmic... trust me :D

By the way, have you seen my wl mccuu kit already?

EDIT: What comes to those ESS, i was talking about the strap, not the sleeve :P

Mr.USMC I have my doubts that the gloves in that reference pic are black nomex fliers, quite frankly I dont think black ones were ever issued, its likely those are some other kind of gloves, mechanix maybe? its really blurry so its hard to tell

They have black nomex, just wasn't as common, kind of like the wolly polly, I got both OD and Black when I was issued them, how ever since the photo is bad you really can't tell

That is the general thought, but I assume you are talking about the picture I posted. It's a picture, with no caption and no insight as to what might be going on, for all we know he could have popped a knee for the other Marine to run by. I highly doubt that is a actual long term shooting position.

While not related to airsoft, Rudy Reyes (who acted as himself in HBO's Generation Kill) now features in a show called "Apocalypse Man" on the History Channel. He is described as a Survival Expert and he shows you how to survive in an urban area after the downfall of society and the apocalypse. How to make field expedient bio-diesel fuel, tips on getting vehicles to run, and how to find the best (defensible) locations of shelter.

Just thought some of you who have patterned their look after Rudy Reyes might be interested in his new show.

While not related to airsoft, Rudy Reyes (who acted as himself in HBO's Generation Kill) now features in a show called "Apocalypse Man" on the History Channel. He is described as a Survival Expert and he shows you how to survive in an urban area after the downfall of society and the apocalypse. How to make field expedient bio-diesel fuel, tips on getting vehicles to run, and how to find the best (defensible) locations of shelter.

Just thought some of you who have patterned their look after Rudy Reyes might be interested in his new show.

I actually watched it, seemed like the same "survival" stuff that's on the other survival shows on Discovery, and History, but in a urban setting which was a pleasant change.

The show was interesting to say the least, will have to watch more episodes until i make a decision.

I knew that dude looked familiar :D . Thanks for the heads up shadow.

thanks guys! ill be running it on the 23rd for a big game, so you will have pics soon... also, pictures of a recent night game with the M16A4 are coming.

icedragon: yeah, i know, but my kit is a bit older school... and the PEQ-2 works fine for me. like i said, i have a PEQ-15 coming for my M16A4. a replica of a PEQ-16 would certainly be great though.

did you mount optics on your SMAW? i saw a few grunts down at lejeune when i was there with ACOGs on their SMAWs, and i thought it was sort of strange, but i guess it makes sense.

speed:yes, i have 2 nutsacks (haha) for it, and my team has an additional 3-4 plastic boxes as a backup that i can use.

i think id rather go to standard mags though if i needed to! :P

-Joe

thanks guys! ill be running it on the 23rd for a big game, so you will have pics soon... also, pictures of a recent night game with the M16A4 are coming.

icedragon: yeah, i know, but my kit is a bit older school... and the PEQ-2 works fine for me. like i said, i have a PEQ-15 coming for my M16A4. a replica of a PEQ-16 would certainly be great though.

did you mount optics on your SMAW? i saw a few grunts down at lejeune when i was there with ACOGs on their SMAWs, and i thought it was sort of strange, but i guess it makes sense.

speed:yes, i have 2 nutsacks (haha) for it, and my team has an additional 3-4 plastic boxes as a backup that i can use.

i think id rather go to standard mags though if i needed to! :P

-Joe

the assaultman in my company all used the standard telescopic sights with 3.5x magnification, however during night assaults i used to mount a PVS-17B. i like to use iron sights though.

Sorry for asking a question that's sort of stupid.

I'm trying to piece together a rough Marine impression, but the $257 MTV on Redwolf is a little pricey. What other body armor are Marines allowed to wear? I read somewhere that the MTV is not the only kind. Thanks.

Do they make a replica of the former? And Marines are still wearing OTVs?

Yes, both Flyee and Pantac make replica's of the OTV, the problem is, they are more expensive than the real OTV is.

If you can deal with the slightly more yellow CB, then the SDS one on Entry Gear (www.entrygear.com) is a very reasonable deal, some cheap blue camping mat and some cutting later and you have faux soft armor. Much better than paying for the replica gear!

I think they are like 60-80$ for the OTV, neck protector (no yoke though, the PANTAC ones fit) and the groin protector.

Archived