USMC Loadouts

Mr.USMC

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

My gear for my MARSOC loadout..

This is the closest I've gotten to completely finishing a rig for a modern unit loadout but I know its not quite there yet. Overtime I'm planning on replacing some of bits to issue or good relica items where possible and I need to get a belt mounted holster. 

But if there's anything anyone could suggest to improve it it would be great!!

All the Pantac and Flyye is coyote brown and the rest is coyote tan

For some reason the Pantac coyote brown seems to be coming up a lot lighter in the photo and the Flyye a lot darker than in real life. The PACA is in ranger green as I could not find a tan one in the UK at all!

DSC02091111111_zps6090cfc7.jpg

DSC02088888_zpsf06a37b8.jpg

DSC020933333_zpsd18a0db2.jpg

Kit List:

First Line:

FLyye PACA Armour carrier (ranger green)

Pantac MBSS

Flyye 200rd SAW Pouch

Flyye MAP Pack

WAS Smoke Pouch

WAS Medium Utility (Posing as 100rd SAW Pouch)

Single 9mm Pouch

ESS Glasses Case

Chem Ligts

PTT

Dummy Smoke grenade

Second Line:

WAS PLB Belt

2x Double Double 5.56 Mag pouches

TAS Small utility being used as an IFAK

Light Ordinance Pouch

Helmet: 

Replica MICH 2000 (needs a new coat of paint)

Replica Rhino NVG Mount

Replica 3x PVS-14 Monocle

Revision Bullet Ant Goggles

Dummy Strobe

Weapon:

A&K M249 Para

Including: M4 style stock, RIS handguard, QR Code sticker, Aimpoint (with paracord tie) and 100rd Nutsack Mag (unfortunately non-working atm)

I know there are a few inaccuracies especially the NVG set up and there are some bits which are stand in due to lack of access to certain bits and budgetary constraints..

It's also not meant to be ultra modern either.

But why do you say its not MARSOC at all?

As i said I welcome any help and suggestions. I'm not pretending its perfect

For sure man, I didn't mean to sound harsh.  I posted a MARSOC kit with a CB RRV and got kinda flamed for it on another forum.  Basically, I haven't seen any reference photos to show that MARSOC was issued CB.  I tried to make the argument that there might be some trickle-down from when MARSOC was created, but that got shot down.  That, and the RG PACA, the mount, and the belt kit are what I would change.  Plus, why not just call it an FR kit?  That's what it more closely resembles.

No worries.

I've seen some pics in which it looks like MARSOC are using CB. I was told it was a mix of CB and MJK.

I've just ordered a tan PACA so yay! I'm trying to sort out a Norotos 3pt NVG mount and I actually don't know what belt would be correct so any help there would be great.

Well it did actually start out as a FR kit but I was told some misinformation that FR had been disbanded for MARSOC and most of the info about modern FR was actually people not knowing it was MARSOC and so on this I decided to go with MARSOC. I have however since learned that was wrong and FR are still about so I think I will actually go back to a FR loadout

No worries.<br />I've seen some pics in which it looks like MARSOC are using CB. I was told it was a mix of CB and MJK.<br />I've just ordered a tan PACA so yay! I'm trying to sort out a Norotos 3pt NVG mount and I actually don't know what belt would be correct so any help there would be great.<br /><br />Well it did actually start out as a FR kit but I was told some misinformation that FR had been disbanded for MARSOC and most of the info about modern FR was actually people not knowing it was MARSOC and so on this I decided to go with MARSOC. I have however since learned that was wrong and FR are still about so I think I will actually go back to a FR loadout

<br /><br />I'm sure the gear whores will come out of the woodwork on this post, but MARSOC, despite being issued SFLCS gear which is primarily MJK, DOES use some CB gear. This info is from first hand sources. Take it however you will...

<br /><br />I'm sure the gear whores will come out of the woodwork on this post, but MARSOC, despite being issued SFLCS gear which is primarily MJK, DOES use some CB gear. This info is from first hand sources. Take it however you will...

I can dig that.  Like I said, I tried it and it went down in flames.  But if someone can help and prove that it's still (or was still) in use recently then I'm happy to concede, that just makes it easier for me to make that kit. 

Nickona, you should just make an FR loadout anyway.  MARSOC is being overdone and we can stand strong as FR impressionists :D

A correct repro belt (for FR anyway) would be the Flyye Right Angle belt in CB.

you posted the same stuff in the navy seals thread... can't be both shurely

I know, the one you saw is the base rig from which I'll make them more specific. I wanted both a SEAL and FR loadout so posted it in both to see what i would need to get to make it more specific which many people have been very helpful in doing! So they will gradually start to drift apart from now on basically

They are also different era kits. The SEAL one is older back when DCU was used not AORs while the FR kit is far more modern in comparision

I know, the one you saw is the base rig from which I'll make them more specific. I wanted both a SEAL and FR loadout so posted it in both to see what i would need to get to make it more specific which many people have been very helpful in doing! So they will gradually start to drift apart from now on basically

They are also different era kits. The SEAL one is older back when DCU was used not AORs while the FR kit is far more modern in comparision

The one thing is though, SEALZORS wouldn't be using CB MBSS's.  That's the thing that sucks about trying to run multiple older impressions with the same gear, everyone was using something different whether it be colors or entire rigs.  It's much easier to run multiple modern types of kit because nowadays a lot of branches are running similar things.

Dude, you're choosing to do everything wrong instead of doing one thing right.
If you just want a CB MBSS, then fine - run with it, just don't run around labeling at MARSOC/SEAL/CAG/RANGER/10th Mountain/French Foreign Legion when it doesn't tie in with any of that.

The one thing is though, SEALZORS wouldn't be using CB MBSS's.  That's the thing that sucks about trying to run multiple older impressions with the same gear, everyone was using something different whether it be colors or entire rigs.  It's much easier to run multiple modern types of kit because nowadays a lot of branches are running similar things.

Yea I know! But TBH it mainly started as a FR loadout and thats what I am focusing it on, but seeing the SEALs did use MBSS I also looked at a SEAL loadout. And while a CB MBBS is inaccurate so it using Pantac or Flyye instead of LBT so in all things there is a little wiggle room otherwise these loadouts would cost thousands! The Pantac CB seems to be a bit lighter than normal CB and also I highly doubt that many people would notice. I would prefer to get a new specific SEAL rig but just can't afford it.

Dude, you're choosing to do everything wrong instead of doing one thing right.

If you just want a CB MBSS, then fine - run with it, just don't run around labeling at MARSOC/SEAL/CAG/RANGER/10th Mountain/French Foreign Legion when it doesn't tie in with any of that.

I understand and I know I have a tendency to try and do more loadout less well.

The only ones I have labelled it as are FR (retracting MARSOC on new knowledge) and SEAL.. I didn't want a CB MBSS and decide to find something to fit, I wanted a FR loaodut and couldn't find any CB RRV in the UK so went with the MBSS... the reason I posted them on both the USMC thread and the SEAL thread is to get help with both side of things. Some responses have been very helpful and I have a clearer idea of what direction to go with them. Next time I get around to posting them up they won't be the same its just the early stages.

Little bit more on topic... what MOLLE belts do USMC/FR use?

It's well worth googling MARSOC Afghanistan images, you will get a pretty good idea of the current woodland MARSOC look.

As for belts, the eagle SFLCS molle in MJK or the ATS Molle or blackhawk version would be ok. A lot of the recent pics seem to appear that they are just using a trouser belt with dump pouches, holsters etc attached.

Archived