USMC Loadouts

Mr.USMC

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, the one you saw is the base rig from which I'll make them more specific. I wanted both a SEAL and FR loadout so posted it in both to see what i would need to get to make it more specific which many people have been very helpful in doing! So they will gradually start to drift apart from now on basically

They are also different era kits. The SEAL one is older back when DCU was used not AORs while the FR kit is far more modern in comparision

square.peg_.round_.hole_.jpg

;)

• 3 weeks later...

With all faithful impressions, you should be aiming for the rule, not the exception.

There might be the odd photo knocking around of a certain bit of kit but if you are having to hunt for it against a sea of other kit then you can reasonably assume that it is more of the exception rather than the rule. If a single photo is enough to justify use, then I can legitimately use a giant white bunny outfit for US Army in Afghanistan impressions.

easter-bunny-army-1.jpg

If a single photo is enough to justify use, then I can legitimately use a giant white bunny outfit for US Army in Afghanistan impressions.

Oh good lord the straw man!

While I agree you can't build a perfect impression on exceptions I don't think this is trying to do so. Basically people are saying MARSOC with some CB have been seen and given the relative difficulty of getting MJK if someone had the odd CB pouch its not really enough to rip their heads off

Again I do agree with the basis that if you put every exception in it wouldn't be a very true loadout, but only having one or two would probably be fine depending on what they are... I just really don't like straw man arguments :D 

Dusting kit in krylon is common. Not so much to make it look another colour..but to help the kit blend together.

I always dust my PTT, SERPA or any plain pouches (my rigs are MC)

However I reckon a quick dusting of khaki would lighten up your CB kit a tad.or make it look like dirty Khaki?

I apologize for this probably over-discussed question, but seeing as it is pretty specific and pretty generic at the same time I didn't think it would warrant an entirely new thread and thought this one suitable...

So I'm looking to buy some new gear end of this month, and my first line will consist mostly of Warrior Assault Systems gear in Coyote Tan, and I'm ordering some pouches of theirs for my second line as well. But one I want is out of stock at UK Tactical (and won't be restocked before July - if they're lucky) and ridiculously overpriced at any place still carrying them: the MBSS backpack. 

So Flyye produces a suitable alternative, but I'm not sure which color matches best with WAS's CT: Coyote Brown or Khaki. Anyone with hands-on experience? 

Much appreciated :)

• 3 weeks later...

I snagged it, I have a nagging worry because the rear panel doesn't have a tag, but the front's definitely legit. Expect some pictures (probably in the other thread) in a few days.

Yeah, more or less, working on the Vineyard over the summer and maybe moving (NY? VT? Amherst?) in the fall. What about you?

Sorry about the almost month long wait, but yea that checks out. 

Btw are you still in the Boston area?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dunno if it's useful to you guys, but I saw this over on the Firearm Blog, and whilst it deals far more with the firearms, I thought it could be a great reference for those wishing to build currently used weapon systems. It's essentially a serving Marine showing off the guns he used on deployment and what setups he used them with and why:

Recon Marine weapons

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

15591517910_b0f6428b7d_c.jpg

Bit old WIP pic of a Fallujah kit I'm working on. Since the pic was taken I added another frag pouch and a multitool pouch.

I've got a neck gaiter, flight gloves, and the LWH set up (kevlar, cover, cat eyes, NVG mount/arm, scrim netting) in the mail, and I just ordered an M16A4, PEQ2, TA31 and Specter 3 pt sling today. So mostly everything should be complete this week.

15667760279_bb7a55b1c9_b.jpg

Took the kit out for a spin today. Yeah, the gas mask is out of place especially without a carrying case but it looks cool.. Ordered a G&P PEQ2 and an M951 so that's on the way. The only things I could really get picky about are maybe some zipcuffs, chemlights, a bayonet/kabar, and a yoke for the IBA. Other than that I would like to get some better action shots with a decent background.

Archived