USMC Loadouts

Mr.USMC

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sgt Hanzo: thanks ;) nice getup, thats also how i have my bayonet set up, just on my strong side, as im sure you have seen in pics posted a few pages back.

yes i do have the ISPC cummerbund, and it is a great improvement, both in proper sizing and how the side SAPIs can be placed inside or out. it is nnot the same cummerbund thats on the MTV.

also, the SPC has straps inside for the cock knocker, so im sure some Marines are wearing theirs for that added protection, whether ordered to or not.

-Joe

Yes, that piece of nylon's great ! Mine is a medium.

I'll put 2 frag pouches on it, issued IFAK and change the FSBE II canteen pouch for a FireForce or PPI one. On the back I'll put a source WPX hydra system, and that will be all I think ;)

No, no way to mount the SSAPI pouches on the inside of the cummer, there is no MOLLE pals inside, unfortuntely. What about the ISPC's cummer ? How is it designed ?

I heard the ISPC's cummerbund was in fact a MTV's cummerbund ... And as I've never seen one in real, I can't say. Someone to clear the situation ?

You got a ISPC ? Let me know ;)

Cheers

That sounds okay. I think a very common and usable configuration would be 3 Eagle MLCS double mag pouches on the front, 1 or 2 Eagle frag pouches on the chest, 1 IFAK on the right side, 1 SDS dumper on the left side, 1 Source bladder on the back and 1 Tourniquet (and if need be a radio pouch). I would also add a groin flap on mine.

Thanks for the info, so if I ever buy the SPC I need to source for a different cummberbund, too.

I think masakarijoe answered your SPC cummer = MTV cummer? question.

Dont' worry if I have the SPC or ISPC I will show it here for sure. The one posted a couple pages before wasn't mine, but I like it very mucho.

Keep us updated on your SPC config. Good luck on the shoulder pads.

That sounds okay. I think a very common and usable configuration would be 3 Eagle MLCS double mag pouches on the front, 1 or 2 Eagle frag pouches on the chest, 1 IFAK on the right side, 1 SDS dumper on the left side, 1 Source bladder on the back and 1 Tourniquet (and if need be a radio pouch). I would also add a groin flap on mine.

Thanks for the info, so if I ever buy the SPC I need to source for a different cummberbund, too.

I think masakarijoe answered your SPC cummer = MTV cummer? question.

Dont' worry if I have the SPC or ISPC I will show it here for sure. The one posted a couple pages before wasn't mine, but I like it very mucho.

Keep us updated on your SPC config. Good luck on the shoulder pads.

Yes, you'll see my final configuration soon. Close to your described configuration. It sounds like we like the same things :D

The final configuration wanted :

-x4 FSBE II M4 pouches on the front - Eagle Industries *2 Frag pouches on the chest (the grunt eagle's kit)- IFAK on the right - FireForce canteen pouch on the left - CAT on the chest - Source WPX on the back - Dump pouch (maybe Fireforce) on the left ...

And of course, I gotta find a groin ... But can't find one at the moment, unfortuntely :(

Not too much, not too less ! :)

The shoulders pads are coming. I'll post some more pics when the pouches config will gets ups to date ;) .

@Joe, thank you for the info about the cummerbund.

I saw Marines with skull mask before but ACU top ?? :blink:

I know in Iraq some of the MArine units would roll out with ACU blouses in an effort to seek contact and draw fire. The Army was getting lit up all the time but the Insurgents were scared of the Marines and they would use the ACU in hope they would get contact.

I wonder if the use of different color patterns (ie, desert helmet and bottom and tropic top marpats) have any operational significance... Perhaps easier unit/functional identification?

The operational significance of this is that they don't have the equipment (matching pattern cold weather gear). Most people would look at this and say/think, "Oh it can't be helped."

I look at it and KNOW the supply system has failed these Marines.

I know in Iraq some of the MArine units would roll out with ACU blouses in an effort to seek contact and draw fire. The Army was getting lit up all the time but the Insurgents were scared of the Marines and they would use the ACU in hope they would get contact.

Ehh, that's a really doubtful statement. I don't think howevermuch badass a unit might be, I'm sure the last thing they want is a firefight.

Of course, this is my opinion, so if it is true, the Marines have bigger brass balls then I thought.

Not this way for the Marines, it's cold over there now. Not everyone has a desert jacket so the Goretex is the next best thing. If you look you can see neck gaitors aswell.

yup, i see it all the time.

The operational significance of this is that they don't have the equipment (matching pattern cold weather gear). Most people would look at this and say/think, "Oh it can't be helped."

I look at it and KNOW the supply system has failed these Marines.

i completely agree. its unacceptable; we wingers get too much good stuff. screw us over please, not them.

Ehh, that's a really doubtful statement. I don't think howevermuch badass a unit might be, I'm sure the last thing they want is a firefight.

Of course, this is my opinion, so if it is true, the Marines have bigger brass balls then I thought.

ive heard that too. the Marines i know who are groundside have said the same thing.

on a different note, i spoke with the career planner yesterday, and hes working for me to find me an IA billet so i can go to the durt as infantry.

i hope it pans out!

-Joe

Archived