Julmarynnäkkökivääri M01

Typewriter

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sooo, if everyone's done humiliating the poor kid, lets move on to the topic. Honestly, with so many people berating the guy, you'd think they can show something better that they've made themselves. <_<

*more bla, bla, bla...*

*S'more bull here...*

Looks like a cool creation, very unique to say the least. I don't see how people can complain about your creations unless they do any custom work themselves.

*MODDAN trying to rise to the challenge...*

Here's the concept sketch of a gun I wanted to make:

23674254.jpg

Not really overpoweringly hard to do. Just needed a heatshield, a new stock, cut barrel and a few minor adjustments to a stock shotgun.

And the result:

Before some minor modifications and cuts to the heatshield.

23673744.jpg

After receiving the correct stock and such:

26017422.jpg

Known *faults*:

- I kept the shotgun silver. Partially because I'm lazy, partially because I like it that way.

- It's not made from diamond patterned sheet metal. The cost of said was not justifiable.

- It's a clone, and behaves as such. No range, no accuracy, no great handling (compared to the Marushin version).

- Stock sits higher than in the concept sketch. This is mainly because I could not find the correct stock adapter for the gun. It was sold out everywhere at the time.

- There is no barrel attachment for the heatshield at the front of the gun. Bending the metal at such angles at such a fragile place simply was not feasible. The heatshield was instead attached via a screw which penetrates both the picatinny top and the heatshield and threads into the barrel.

What do ya'll say?

Better or worse than Typewriter? :huh:

So you do custom work... Great. Leave it in your own thread.

There's no need to bring in your own creation and try to show up typewriter.

You obviously dislike/ don't respect/ get any amusement of out typewriters work, so just don't waste your time posting here..

You obviously dislike/ don't respect/ get any amusement of out typewriters work, so just don't waste your time posting here..

Mate, it was in response to this:

Sooo, if everyone's done humiliating the poor kid, lets move on to the topic. Honestly, with so many people berating the guy, you'd think they can show something better that they've made themselves. <_<

The challenge was laid down, someone rose to the challenge. Fair dos.

You need to realise you gotta take a chill pill and take everything with a pinch of salt in Typewriter's threads.

I know what it was in response to but as long as typewriter isnt challenging anyone, why should someone else post their build here?

It just seems like deliberately trying to show someone up is just a dumb attempt to try to bring someone down.

And i do take these builds with a grain of salt, thats why i said "get any amusement out of typewriters work"

Its just probably really annoying for Typewriter to have to see all of his threads being locked, and useless challenges dont help anyone.

I personally don't see why everyone should stop posting how hideous these things are, I'm not going to post BS about how someone did such a great job or tell them they made a great attempt in making something, when the product itself still looks like a hack job done by a kid.

Now, if I'm going to talk down on others work, I know some will say, "We don't see you making anything better." or something similar.

One of my projects, from this.

photo1kjs.jpg

To this.

sany0035el.jpg

sany0036x.jpg

Now I'm not trying to show up anyone like was stated previously. My point to this, I make a lot of projects, but I rarely post any of them up. Why? Because people don't want to see shoddy work that a child with a dremel can do.

That's my rant end, hopefully next time we see a Typewriter creation it will actually show effort and patience put in the construction of it.

Typewriter to give you one advice give some more details, better pics, instructions,... so people see how you did things.

But I think you are creative, maybe you don't have the same skills other people on this forum have but it is great the way you are coming up with new projects. I see you more as an artist...who makes cool things which don't have to work but just look out of the ordinary.

Maybe if you could work together with one of the masters here (Candyman, Dobey,...) with your ideas but their construction skills that would be great. But I see you are becoming better too, so keep up the good job but remember to give more details, pics and info on your work!

I personally don't see why everyone should stop posting how hideous these things are, I'm not going to post BS about how someone did such a great job or tell them they made a great attempt in making something, when the product itself still looks like a hack job done by a kid.

Protip: You don't have to open this thread, read it, or post in it.

-Vic

I know what it was in response to but as long as typewriter isnt challenging anyone, why should someone else post their build here?

It just seems like deliberately trying to show someone up is just a dumb attempt to try to bring someone down.

And i do take these builds with a grain of salt, thats why i said "get any amusement out of typewriters work"

Its just probably really annoying for Typewriter to have to see all of his threads being locked, and useless challenges dont help anyone.

In fairness, since the challenge was thrown down in defence of Typewriter, I think whoever rose up to it is just showing not everyone who gives him feedback here is doing so when they've never done anything custom themselves.

The point was not to be rude to typewriter, but to show that not everyone here are armchair critics?

Anyways I'm still waiting for a pic of the insides or a bit more detail from Typewriter on how he has fitted the internals together and made it work. The fun of following a custom build is always seeing how ingenious people have been in making things work through bodging. (I'm a fan of Scrapheap Challenge, that's Junkyard Wars to you in the US of A).

The die was cast. The gauntlet was laid. I tried to rise to the challenge. I criticize Typewriter's work since I do not find it artistic nor appealing in any other way. But since some people harbor the belief that you can only criticize another's creations if oneself does custom work I had to show off something in order to justify my criticism... apparently. Freedom of opinion has apparently been considered redundant nowadays.

Hey dont pay that guy no mind. I like it. And I think typewriter should PM you for some lessons ;)

:wub:

Mate, it was in response to this:

The challenge was laid down, someone rose to the challenge. Fair dos.

You need to realise you gotta take a chill pill and take everything with a pinch of salt in Typewriter's threads.

+

In fairness, since the challenge was thrown down in defence of Typewriter, I think whoever rose up to it is just showing not everyone who gives him feedback here is doing so when they've never done anything custom themselves.

The point was not to be rude to typewriter, but to show that not everyone here are armchair critics?

Anyways I'm still waiting for a pic of the insides or a bit more detail from Typewriter on how he has fitted the internals together and made it work. The fun of following a custom build is always seeing how ingenious people have been in making things work through bodging. (I'm a fan of Scrapheap Challenge, that's Junkyard Wars to you in the US of A).

Mah hero! ^_^

I know what it was in response to

No, you do not.

but as long as typewriter isnt challenging anyone, why should someone else post their build here?

'Cause them yankees and asian whatchamacallit laid the gauntlet. Don't blame a player, blame the game. And his threads keep getting locked for various reasons. For example not posting pictures of an airsoft weapon. Random AK bits held together with scotch-tape is not airsoft. Even if scotch-tape is way better than ordinary tape. Like Butterscotch is better than ordinary butter. And hopscotch is better than ordinary hoppin'...

Now, if I'm going to talk down on others work, I know some will say, "We don't see you making anything better." or something similar.

One of my projects, from this.

*Epic pictures*

Now I'm not trying to show up anyone like was stated previously. My point to this, I make a lot of projects, but I rarely post any of them up. Why? Because people don't want to see shoddy work that a child with a dremel can do.

That's my rant end, hopefully next time we see a Typewriter creation it will actually show effort and patience put in the construction of it.

ScruffySecond.jpg

Protip: You don't have to open this thread, read it, or post in it.

-Vic

Yes... yes we do...

So is a donkey with two legs and a cardboard top-hat stapled to it's nose, but to be honest I'd rather not see that posted.

Yes... yes you do...

Nobody is asking you to lie. I am asking you however, to remember the rules of the forums (go check them as you appear to have forgotten them) and then not post comments which exist only to antagonise others. If I see any member doing this, I will suspend them, as I already have in the Owen Gun thread.

This forum is not the personal playground of children to talk down to people who have spent time on producing replicas. It's a friendly community, and I'll personally see to it that anyone who disagrees with that viewpoint are sent on their way to a more appropriate forum so quickly that you not even hear the sound of the ban button being clicked.

Sorry for the heavy handed response, but sadly it seems many American members of this forum don't grasp subtlety or tact. Hopefully blatant threats will be more easily registered.

Archived