G36 Picture Thread

I'm pretty sure a few ppl here have Surefire handguards. I talked to Titleist about a real steel HK handguard but besides that the price is insane now I was put off by that it's a *badgeress* to put the battery in. Could someone comment on the Surefire handguards? Can you fit a battery inside it?

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main.pl?pgm...=00&carfnbr=131

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone has one on here and he had a anpeq for the battery holder

What battery are you guys able to use with the full sized G36, i was thinking of getting a real Hk front end(g36E) and i use the ak stick batts now on my CA36k, need some suggestions

Someone has one on here and he had a anpeq for the battery holder

What battery are you guys able to use with the full sized G36, i was thinking of getting a real Hk front end(g36E) and i use the ak stick batts now on my CA36k, need some suggestions

The G&P and presumably the CA full-length handguards cannot fit a stick battery even after dremeling the little bumps on the bottom of the outer barrel. The STAR one can though, and I've put a 10.8v 2/3A mini cell stick battery in mine without any problems =) There's actually a tiny bit of extra room so pretty much any mini cell would fit.

I prefer the NcStar bipod over the harris ONLY if the bipod is used for LMG purposes.  The metal sounds the bipod makes when you shake the LMG is so much more satisfying than the Harris.

Ok perfect, in fact I'm making a custom G36k LMG very similar to yours. Thanks for the help! :D

1+

wow man nice. How does that handgaurd feel anyways?

It's pretty decent. I got it originally for my real G36 but when my real gun arrived it was already fitted with a Knight's rail system and I put small, single Surefire light on it.

PodUp.jpg

The Surefire fore end is nice in that it has navigation/breaching lights in addition to the main light. Someone might be able to Dremel out some of the interior reinforcements to squeeze in a battery, and the heat shielding wouldn't be needed on an airsoft but there are also some thin wires in there for the lighting system. The fore end is made to accept the HK bipod. The handguard feels very good, good ergonomics and you can grab it solidly.

Here it is on my real gun, but I ended up taking it off and leaving the rail system front end on it as seen in the first pic.

NuToySurefire.jpg

It's pretty decent. I got it originally for my real G36 but when my real gun arrived it was already fitted with a Knight's rail system and I put small, single Surefire light on it.

PodUp.jpg

The Surefire fore end is nice in that it has navigation/breaching lights in addition to the main light. Someone might be able to Dremel out some of the interior reinforcements to squeeze in a battery, and the heat shielding wouldn't be needed on an airsoft but there are also some thin wires in there for the lighting system. The fore end is made to accept the HK bipod. The handguard feels very good, good ergonomics and you can grab it solidly.

Here it is on my real gun, but I ended up taking it off and leaving the rail system front end on it as seen in the first pic.

NuToySurefire.jpg

Thanks for the info. Does it ever get painful beacuse of the way you have to hit the pressure switch? And how much did it cost you?

The Surefire front grip is extremely well designed. On the other side (see pic) there is a long pad (granted, this is designed for a right hander) that only requires a slight amount of pressure to activate. You can do this from the normal carry position, no repositioning of the hand needed so you are always in the "ready" position carrying the rifle. The buttons on the left side are for the navigation lights (activates with thumb). You have the option of the main light "always on" using the main switch located behind the main light.

MuToySurefire2.jpg

The Surefire buttons, etc. are well laid out, and you can activate while maintaining full control of the weapon. The pressure is such that it will not accidentally activate, but you don't have to exert alot of pressure that would detract from your concentrating on target acquisition.

My buddy has one in the shorter length for a "C" model, and his has the smaller head on the main light. Both are extremely well designed.

I believe they are in the $400.00 range. Price varies due to police discounts, government bid/contract prices, "buddy" pricing, etc.

On my real gun, I ended up using the wired pigtail switch from the little Surefire light and routed it through the holes in the railed front. I added a Tango Down vertical grip since it has the built in pocket for the pressure switch. Works perfectly and no wires hanging out that can get caught, etc. Since my gun is only a semiauto (SL8 conversion) there is no problem with heat damage to the cord, which is a heavy duty, reinforced cable anyway.

Edited by eltee
i believe your buddy has one in the shorter length for a "K" Model.

which is the M560A.

I'll be seeing him soon. I'll check, but his gun was certainly a "C" model so I was assuming his Surefire grip was for that length. I'll take some pics if he keeps the gun at home and not at work.