G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I just got my first airsoft gun and I picked the TM G36C.

Unfortuneately the metal barrel part has broken, bringing me to the question:

I have a replacement part GC-13 on order so I can keep a stable front end with the C body, but I REALLY want a second front end, most likely in the G36E w/ bipod form. Is the Army Code outer barrel assembly at 214 dollars REALLY worth it? I'm just very leery of mounting an outer barrel onto a 14mm CCW pot metal piece, especially considering the piece has already broken. The other question I have is: what is the optimum length of inner barrel for a G36E? would it hurt to just buy a tightbore at the K length and install it so I won't have to buy a 3rd barrel if I get a K front end at some point? And last noob question of the day: Who makes a decent 1.5x-2x by 40+mm objective red dot or scope?

It's a G36C

wow, thanks for telling us what kinda weapon we own.

its got a scope, like G36s, its got the longer stock, like G36s, its got the K length barrel. the only thing changed is the handguard and the silencer, to hide the barrel...

Edited by waxxer
Ok I just got my first airsoft gun and I picked the TM G36C.

what is the optimum length of inner barrel for a G36E? would it hurt to just buy a tightbore at the K length and install it so I won't have to buy a 3rd barrel if I get a K front end at some point?

The ported cylinder on the C will lose you fps if you put in a barrel any longer than the K length (355mm), I had one that was 60mm longer than this and I gained 8-10 fps chopping it down to the right length. I tried a 509mm (closest I could get at the time) for a full length barrel and that only gave about 270fps on the ported cylinder, you need to change the cylinder to run a full length barrel, so sticking to K length will do the job.

How much have you used that SL8?

I was all for getting one until I heard alot of reports of the BE gearboxes being ###### (metal ones included). The bloke at Action Hobbies said he wasn't going to stock them because the ones he'd had were rubbish.

Still looks bloody nice though.

So I got this instead (Classic Army).

DSCF0269.jpg

probably had about 2000 through it so far with the m100 spring. took it apart the other day to check things and all seems fine. the gears are all rock solid and the piston get a great air seal. i think paul at action hobbys was talking about the PGB version. i am more than happy with this even if you just bought one and dropped a CA box in it you would still be saving quite a bit.

I was all for getting one until I heard alot of reports of the BE gearboxes being ###### (metal ones included).  The bloke at Action Hobbies said he wasn't going to stock them because the ones he'd had were rubbish. 

well, to share my experience, BE G36K/SL8s are for the people who like to tinker with their guns. mine had a rubbish cylinder in the first place and after I shimmed it properly, the motor was crying like a baby. with the mutant, improper factory shimming it was going fine. :blink:

..it can be a nice alternative for the Resi 4 gun though ;)

Edited by waxxer

Anyone knows if I can fit a std Marui magazine in a Laylax/First Factory box magazine? I want to have a 100rnd box mag-or so-without winding and I am thinking of the cheaper std magazine instead of high-cap. Thanks.

I always play with low caps and I put so many bbs as in the real-steel capacity in my mags.

Also which translucent low cap magazine is better? The TM, CA or King Arms?