G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he made it from a CD case

Yep.

How did you make your cd case mag evilliboba? Do you have any pics of the inside?

I basically cut holes in the side of my G36 Hicap, mounted the mag inside the tower and glued plastic plates so the BB's feed in. Basically you are just expanding the BB reservoir.

mag.jpg

Like this.

Thanks for the comments on the paint. :) Yes the green needs to be darker. It is Rustolium OD not Krylon like the rest.

I think I might try that it will be alot cheaper then buying a drum mag.

Yes. Just use better glue than I did and don't fall on it... like I did. <_<

Stupid plastic cement and 150Lbs of clumsiness. *sigh* It was fun while it lasted.

I still have the internals. Now to just transplant them into a First Factory or A&K Box mag.

why do people bother with RIS front ends on a G36 ? you can get enough rail just using the lighter, cheaper normal front ends. i cant see ANY benefit to a railed front end. other than the rail on top, which i've not ever actually seen anybody use anyway. everything else could easily be put on the normal screw on rails.

On real steel, the vented rail fore ends are often referred to as dissipators as the heat buildup is pretty intense, so the ventilation really helps cool things down. Also, the rails are very, very solid and being full length offer alot of adjustment. Here is my real HK, with a Mad Bull airsoft grenade launcher. This photo was taken for an advertisement.

RealSteelMadbull.jpg

Here is how I normally keep the gun set up. As you can see, the barrel and gas tube inside get alot of air circulation.

OnPod2.jpg

Edited by eltee
Safe that weapon! I don't care if it for an ad....

Good point.

Note that the rounds shown are dummies, polished for photo use so it was safe to do that photo in that arrangement. The unattached mags had live rounds. All under controlled, safe conditions (I am a full time cop and firearms instructor).

Re. the bolt hold back, there is a bolt release just inside the trigger guard (towards the front) and you can also just pull the charging handle back, either will put the rifle back into battery.