G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my g36 will recieve similar treatment.. You wnat to tone down the colour a bit though, a darker green looks better.

You mean more like this:

G36c_woodland-2.jpg

Obviously what looks like Olive Drab on my monitor might not like like OD on yours, but I think I did have it a bit too green in the first attempt.

Hmm the whats painted/whats not combo looks good in principle yet it just doesnt look quite right, perhaps still too light on my screen. Id be tempted to go a very dark green or whatever combats you wear, pick one of those colours. Hard to say on a white background... hmm.

Im keeping mine black for now...

Any of you have an idea of where I can pick up a CA C or SL(Preferred) rail cheap? I have not seen any in the classifieds lately, but one of you might have one you'd be willing to let go?

Also, does any one happen to have the pics from this review?

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=19778

I'm looking for the ones for disassembly of the sight.

Thanks,

KM

you mean to say you cant see the different shades of tan? i also agree, i dont think having a solid OD gun provides much of an advantage, i say go all out and do a nice unique camo job (not your typical lines in woodland, do something like souske did with his M4) or leave it black

uh, its tan...

No. First of all the CA isn't anything like the real one so it's apples and oranges. If we're just focusing on the CA you'll notice when you look with your eyes that the stock is different from the upper receiver which is different from the lower receiver which is different from the grip and mag.

My whole point about solid color guns being dump is that usually the point of adding color to a gun is to camouflage it. There are usually not too many solid blocks of color in nature which match the size and or shape of a gun. Now, if you're doing it just because you think it would look cool, ok. I however disagree and have done that same thing myself before.

No.  First of all the CA isn't anything like the real one so it's apples and oranges.  If we're just focusing on the CA you'll notice when you look with your eyes that the stock is different from the upper receiver which is different from the lower receiver which is different from the grip and mag.

My whole point about solid color guns being dump is that usually the point of adding color to a gun is to camouflage it.  There are usually not too many solid blocks of color in nature which match the size and or shape of a gun.  Now, if you're doing it just because you think it would look cool, ok.  I however disagree and have done that same thing myself before.

I assumed that because some parts were cast in tan plastic, and some parts were painted metal, there’s a very slight difference in shade. However, it’s still the same base colour overall. My definition of "solid colour" means not camo. It’s not like there are greens and browns on there too. Just some very slight shade differences which are due to the manufacturing process, not any sort of design intention.

Anyway, I’m feeling less inclined to make it all green now anyway - so it looks like it’ll stay black for the near future.

Out of curiosity [bS]_MARS, do you find the OD FN SCAR ugly too? Also which gun did you paint before?

Behold! The Badgers custom sniperized G36!

PA100012.jpg

The Badger crafted a BE SL8 to a JG g36c, it shoots about 380 fps, and has a 650mm madbull tightbore

Looks absolutely impractical, and yet oh, so much fun :P

Got something very similar, yet very different coming within the next few days...

Suffice to say I shortened the barrel instead of making it longer :D

Pics when I get all the parts to my doorstep...

Best Regards :)

This is a standard G36:

556_pi2_CA004_b02.jpg

This is pretty much what my rifle will look like once I get my shortened outer-barrel and K-style flash-hider... Quick and crude, but pretty much :)

g36lr6.jpg

Note that the long front is still there... :)

Best Regards :)

Edited by XaVierDK
_MARS,Oct 9 2007, 05:40 PM]No.  First of all the CA isn't anything like the real one so it's apples and oranges.  If we're just focusing on the CA you'll notice when you look with your eyes that the stock is different from the upper receiver which is different from the lower receiver which is different from the grip and mag.

My whole point about solid color guns being dump is that usually the point of adding color to a gun is to camouflage it.  There are usually not too many solid blocks of color in nature which match the size and or shape of a gun.  Now, if you're doing it just because you think it would look cool, ok.  I however disagree and have done that same thing myself before.

In a woodland type environment which would stick out more to your eyes; a solid block of black or a solid block of OD?

My vote is on the black.

Edited by dstrctn