G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't wait any longer for my K-style flash-hider, so here you have it... The world's first G36E-CQC :huh:

In a startling turn of events, I simply measured how much barrel had to be cut off, so it was flat with the front, and by itself, it turns out a 363mm barrel is a perfect fit, perhaps 3mm short of going flat with the outer-barrel ending :P

I know it isn't much (only 13,7cm/5½") which has been cut, but it really makes the gun a lot more manuveurable, and it looks amazing (IMHO)...

Cost me 15$ plus shipping, and of course the 30$ for a Mad Bull tight-bore (they're cheap as dirt compared to Prometheus and KM )..

g36002resizedii5.jpg

g36003resizedst0.jpg

g36004xg0.jpg

g36ym9.jpg

Feedback appreciated ;)

Best Regards :)

Edited by XaVierDK

On the topic of sights, I also have an Aimpoint-replica lying around somewhere... Could probably pop that back on for the "true" CQC feel :P

Also, I might have overshot it, calling the gun "CQC"... I was simply relaying the fact that the barrel was cut, and the original front was left "as-is"...

If I was going for the true CQC-feel, I would've bought a C-version and call it a day ;)

But I just like the long front, and this just gives it a more "all-around" look, compared to the normal G36, and I think the ACOG fits the bill nicely for that ;)

While I appreciate your input on my choice of sights (and BTW, yes, it's the RDS-version :P ), I was really looking for response on the overall look of the gun, especially the front... I know some purists are going to burn me in 7 different layers of hell for it, but what do the rest of you think?

Personally I prefer the length of the K rather than the the standard G36, but it definately needs a better flash hider!

Still think EOTech FTW, Aimpoints always look good on G36's too though.

The large battery stock looks quite good on a full length G36 as well, so that could be interesting.

Personally I prefer the length of the K rather than the the standard G36, but it definately needs a better flash hider!

Still think EOTech FTW, Aimpoints always look good on G36's too though.

The large battery stock looks quite good on a full length G36 as well, so that could be interesting.

Well, I posted the pics in the "show your weapon-thread", where, apart from being shot down in the unique-dept., I was told you could simply slap a long G36 hand-guard on a K, and get the same result.. So, if that's true, it's pretty much the length of a K as of right now :P

As said, I'm hoping to see a K-style flash-hider on my doorstep soonest, I'll update pics then...

Might consider the Aimpoint, the only thing is, it's an L-shaped (high) mount, which isn't very fitting for the G36, compared to some of the others... Will give it a try though, you never know...

I have indeed considered the G&P buttstock, I simply can't find the money at the time being, otherwise it would be here already ;)

Because of the Southern California fires, I've decided to help the people who lost stuff in the fire get back in shape, so I'm selling my lovely near new CA G36c in the Sales forum right now. I just put it up too for $165. Please don't mind my feet!!

Picture010.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Can someone back me up on this.

Wasnt the Classic Army AG36 around 150USD when it launched, everywhere im looking its $250, whats the dealio?

I think UnCo had it for $158 and everywhere else had it in the $250 range.

Some pictures of my SL9, unmodified apart from the 3 point sling :rolleyes:

First with the daytime scope 3-9x50 Richter Optik

29804482447.jpg

Then with he night vision, this is the usual setup as I dont play many daygames. Scope is a Rigel Optics. Only Gen 1 but it's got me a fair few kills

29804482479.jpg

If you look close i've moved the slings mounting position at the back. The original is at the end of the stock, but the end is adjustable and the butt of the stock is removable for adding more or less spacers. So it's a little bit wobbly didn't want to chance it. Instead there's two screws that hold the rubber of the butt onto the stock so I put a piece of webbing around the stock secured it with those screws, then attached the sling to that. Much more secure now and I know the butt isn't going to snap off.

Here's some more pictures of the gun with its magazines

29804482422.jpg

29804482527.jpg

29804482566.jpg

Need to grab some of those long side rails for my G36C too. Nice gun anyways, welcome to the club of real guns. Is this what you got in trade of the M16A3/M203? :P

Yep. This is the same one. Can't wait to get skirmish with this. :)