G36 Picture Thread

The CA G36k barrel length is ~363 (actually slightly less maybe 360 but the flashider covers a few more too), duno if G&P is exactly the same though.

Debatable using a longer barrel, some seem to think it makes no difference.

Apparently once over 363mm it makes little difference, but therefore 270-360 it might be worth it. If you dont already have a tightbore I'd say go for a new tightbore or the k length if you're going to a k.

Well, I already have a prometheus TBB in my g36c. But I plan on converting it to a G36KE with the G&P kit. Now I'm just wondering how far in the flashhider will the inner barrel will show. If you got a pic, that would be great. I did remember it was somewhere in this forum, but i cant seem to find it.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a 363mm (M4 length) barrel in my G36K. It doesn't stick out, even if you use a standard Armalite birdcage flash hider. It sticks about 5-6mm out of the barrel thread point. So no, it won't be visible with the K-specific four-prong flash hider. My gun was a CA though, the dimension might be a little off compared to the G&P.

BTW, I see absolutely no reason to upgrade the inner barrel lenght too, if you already have a 247mm Prometheus inside. You will notice virtually no benefit of the 10cm added, in fact you might even lose some FPS due to wrong cylinder type.

Edited by Abelius

Nice!

I have three questions..

Firstly,

Which is better for accuracy and range CA G36 hopups or TM G36 hopups.

Secondly,

Would a PSG-1 650mm barrel fit into the CA36 without anyone problems (will pop a silencer on to cover up the barrell coming out)

Thirdly,

Will the TM G36 hop up unit fit in a CA36 I think it will but if someone could clarify that would be great!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also I believe it requires modification to fit a CA AG36 on the G36k, it is made for the CA36. Well that is what I have been lead to believe, we shall see within a few days as I am getting a CA AG36 (damn expensive for essentially a tube) so will post pictures if someone wants me to.

Nice!

I have three questions..

Firstly,

Which is better for accuracy and range CA G36 hopups or TM G36 hopups.

Secondly,

Would a PSG-1 650mm barrel fit into the CA36 without anyone problems (will pop a silencer on to cover up the barrell coming out)

Thirdly,

Will the TM G36 hop up unit fit in a CA36 I think it will but if someone could clarify that would be great!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also I believe it requires modification to fit a CA AG36 on the G36k, it is made for the CA36. Well that is what I have been lead to believe, we shall see within a few days as I am getting a CA AG36 (damn expensive for essentially a tube) so will post pictures if someone wants me to.

CA hop-up rubber isn't as good as TM, so stock, TM... But the unit is practically identical on the two, since CA simply copied TM's design for their own guns, then upgraded the gearbox-specs, and put pre-made versions of the K and E on the market....

The cylinder will probably have to be replaced to acommadate the longer barrel, and the barrel is also too long unless you use a silencer to hide the extra length (stock barrel is about 495mm)

As mentioned in #1, CA's and TM's units are exactly the same, as CA simply copied TM's design... The difference is in the rubber, TM generally is higher quality..

Here are a few updated pics of my own G36E CQC-edition... Finally got the K-style flash-hider I've been awaiting for 3 months, and popped an Aimpoint-replica on instead of the "old" ACOG, as per advice from a fellow board-member about the CQC-look/feel, after getting a lower-profile mount :D

g36kflammeskjuler001reszb7.jpg

g36kflammeskjuler003resqz1.jpg

Have ordered a G&P sniper-stock, and a Well MP7, from which I plan to use the sights, and a set of Army-Code body-pins from WGC on a group-order, should have them in about a month... Also considering a laser/light-module for the front-rail, just to complete the gear-do look of my tormented G36, although it surely is shaping up nicely :D

Best Regards :)

Edited by XaVierDK

CA hop-up rubber isn't as good as TM, so stock, TM... But the unit is practically identical on the two, since CA simply copied TM's design for their own guns, then upgraded the gearbox-specs, and put pre-made versions of the K and E on the market....

The cylinder will probably have to be replaced to acommadate the longer barrel, and the barrel is also too long unless you use a silencer to hide the extra length (stock barrel is about 495mm)

As mentioned in #1, CA's and TM's units are exactly the same, as CA simply copied TM's design... The difference is in the rubber, TM generally is higher quality..

Here are a few updated pics of my own G36E CQC-edition... Finally got the K-style flash-hider I've been awaiting for 3 months, and popped an Aimpoint-replica on instead of the "old" ACOG, as per advice from a fellow board-member about the CQC-look/feel, after getting a lower-profile mount :D

Cheers for the help bud, any idea what the adapters are called and where you can get them.

Thanks again :)

And nice G36 ;)

Edited by gunnermaniac

I believe there is a ring on the inside of the CA G36's flash suppressor that prohibits installing any barrel longer than 497mm. I know there's one on my CA Phantom FH.

Edit: I know there was a fix somewhere, I just don't know it and can't find it.

Edited by k30dxedle

Cool silencer, perhaps a bit big for a C, but overall looks like quality work ;)

How does it work out as far as sound-dampening goes?

I'm still damning myself to hell for getting my barrel shortened too much to be able to fit a silencer on there any longer :(:P

here is my AG36K in one of its many guises. the CA AG36 fitted to a CA36k. the only thing you MAY have to do for fitting is remove the flashider. however, as you can see, im using an SPR flashider, so i cant really comment on its fitting with a stock flashider. i had to cut out a couple of metal nubs that are at the front of the launcher to get the SPR hider through. the mods cant be seen when fitted though. however, i would be very surprised if you had to take anything apart to fit it. it should slip straight on.

DSC00374.jpg

below is the same gun, with the same barrel length

DSCN3566.jpg

as you can see, getting the K length means i can go from full size AG36 length handguards down to c sized handguards. when using the c length, i remove the front outer barrel section and add the silencer,or the SPR hider covers the inner barrel fully. not exactly reducing the size, but gives me plenty of aesthetic and RIS options, as i have the K length handguard aswell. apologies for bad pics. but one mroe for luck :

IMG_1061.jpg

Edited by screamin_weasel
Cool silencer, perhaps a bit big for a C, but overall looks like quality work ;)

How does it work out as far as sound-dampening goes?

Thanks. I'm pleased how it turned out.

It works quite well, the internals are like this;

Silencer1.jpg

But with less 'chambers'. I've done 5 foam sections.