G36 Picture Thread

If you read recent studies about modern combat environment and engagement conditions you have to realize that a bayonet is a relict of the past. In a modern conflict a bayonet is really useless, a fullautomatic Secondary/Personal Defense Weapon is the ticket for the future.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took the bayonet lug off, with the G&P forearm on it was halfway down the barrel and sat just a little in front of the forarm - but the AG36 is slightly longer and it got lost inside. Plus it made it very awkward to change batteries.

Besides, why do I need a bayonet lug? I don't have a bayonet :D

the bayonet may be useless these days but knives aren't, i still think that knives like Fairbairn and Sykes commando knife (arguably the best knife ever designed) have a use over such things as a silenced, low-calibre pistol.

it is the only way too ensure complete and utter silence if you know what you're doing, it can also be thrown because of the way it was designed the weight is pretty much perfect and you won't run out of mags :P

no i totally agree, bayonets are for show these days, and in ways they should still be around because in such establishments as the British army they have a very large and important history - it's a tradition just as dress uniform, drills, bearskin hats, etc. are all traditions

anyway i'm going to stop going on about inconsequential cr*p :P

nice AG36 btw - damn i love those things - shame about the price... :(

If you read recent studies about modern combat environment and engagement conditions you have to realize that a bayonet is a relict of the past. In a modern conflict a bayonet is really useless, a fullautomatic Secondary/Personal Defense Weapon is the ticket for the future.

Yeah but i still think the British army should wear read uniforms and Shako's into battle whilst riding horses :P

I would rarther have a SA80 and a challanger 2, but what ever tickles your pickle.

Have CA or TM said there going to make a G36-as in the full sized one, i know their making the K.

Currently the Bundeswehr doesn't use bayonets, there's also no bayonet drill in the basic training anymore.

unimatrix; I assume you've heard of Chris Ryan? ex-SAS etc. I read in a mag his opinion of the KSK, and he said that WW2 had affected the Germans profoundly, and that whilst proficient, the KSK were "too lovey dovey and not into fighting". Does this explain the lack of bayonets? ;)

(This is true btw, it was in 'Nuts')

unimatrix; I assume you've heard of Chris Ryan? ex-SAS etc. I read in a mag his opinion of the KSK, and he said that WW2 had affected the Germans profoundly, and that whilst proficient, the KSK were "too lovey dovey and not into fighting". Does this explain the lack of bayonets? ;)

(This is true btw, it was in 'Nuts')

Hmmm I think the problem is that the Germans are still collectively adjudged for the crimes of WW2, even though the most haven't been born at this time. Everybody insinuate us to be "evil and guilty", so it's hard to have a tough military.

Nevertheless, we have bayonets, but they're not used anymore. Our military brains think they aren't neccessary today, and I agree with them. BTW: In the cold war era there was an bayonet drill in the Bundeswehr basic training, so it has nothing to do with WW2, it's simply caused by a changing combat environment.

So, can someone post pictures of the G36 family together? (G36, G36k, G36e, G36c, etc)

I really want to see the difference in all of them before I do a conversion on my G36.

~P

(BTW: I took my stock off of my G36c and I am NOT going to get a verticle grip at all!!! The gun is fine as is)

I still think that the G36 and the G36k look too tall and too empty in the carry handle region. I like Staic's G36 that is the G36(k?) with the G36c rail on it which really brings it down to a doable size.

~Prometheus

EDIT:

oh yeah....I can't seem to find the G36c endcap thing that goes on the back of the gun when you take the stock off...? I saw something posted about that eariler today but I can't seem to find that post or anything that resembles what I read about on Redwolf....Anyone have alink? I might consider getting one for mine....thanks

Edited by Prometheus
oh yeah....I can't seem to find the G36c endcap thing that goes on the back of the gun when you take the stock off...? I saw something posted about that eariler today but I can't seem to find that post or anything that resembles what I read about on Redwolf....Anyone have alink? I might consider getting one for mine....thanks

This?

http://dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=6047