G36 Picture Thread

Bah. The buttpad is still wrong though, I think! Still I'm impressed they fixed the sling loop bridge flaw so fast. :)

What's wrong with the buttpad? I can't notice somthing wrong from the pictures. Maybe you know more, you've actually seen the gun in real life :)

It still bugs me that the barrel is too long, and the flash hider just doesn't look right for some reason.

agree :)

That's why I'm going for a full-length G36 in addition to my G36C ;). I'll replace the barrel with a G&P Steel Outer Barrel and add a real G36 sling and Hensoldt dual sight :). Should be a damn nice (and expensive) setup.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with the buttpad? I can't notice somthing wrong from the pictures.

Maybe I'm crazy, but the corners of the fullsize butt pad always looed 'sharper' to me in photos. Like they stick out more. The C's seem more rounded off. Have a look:

Full size

http://www.calssportingarmory.com/HK%20images/hkg36stock.jpg

C

http://www.calssportingarmory.com/HK%20images/HK218468.jpg

Perhaps this is just an older design, and they all use the more rounded corners now. I've never been able to compared real ones.

G&P have replicated this, where as Star and CA have not:

G&P

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...-GP131_srch_G36

Star:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...TOCK06_srch_G36

Hmm, looking at those, it appears Star's stock's curve is improper, vs the G&P, CA, and real stock. It starts to early.

Maybe you know more, you've actually seen the gun in real life :)

Alas, I have not :( Only parts of it.

agree :)

That's why I'm going for a full-length G36 in addition to my G36C ;). I'll replace the barrel with a G&P Steel Outer Barrel and add a real G36 sling and Hensoldt dual sight :). Should be a damn nice (and expensive) setup.

What about the AG36? Not going for that anymore?

It's actually kind of nice that the outer barrels are two piece. Makes changing configurations easier.

Edited by staticzero
Maybe I'm crazy, but the corners of the fullsize butt pad always looed 'sharper' to me in photos. Like they stick out more. The C's seem more rounded off.

Hmmm you're right. Never noticed that, I've never fired a real G36C only Ks and fullsize guns, so this had escaped my notice. Interesting: the old style C-stock without the cut-out has also the "sharper" buttplate design.

Hmm, looking at those, it appears Star's stock's curve is improper, vs the G&P, CA, and real stock. It starts to early.

Jipp, it's wrong. But old news, a lot of Star products have a wrong design or measurements.

What about the AG36? Not going for that anymore?

Nope, the Star AG36 is too long as you know. It's too complex to find a matching outer-barrel. Also it looks strage with the mis-shaped launcher. So I've cancelled the K/AG36 project, I will focus now on the fullsize Bundeswehr G36 with correct measurements :)

It's actually kind of nice that the outer barrels are two piece. Makes changing configurations easier.

That's a nice idea if we talk about a C-K change, but you have also to mod the Gearbox (cylinder) with the fullsize G36, so I would prefer a one-piece barrel design with longer gas-system here.

Hmmm you're right. Never noticed that, I've never fired a real G36C only Ks and fullsize guns, so this had escaped my notice. Interesting: the old style C-stock without the cut-out has also the "sharper" buttplate design.

That is interesting.

Nope, the Star AG36 is too long as you know. It's too complex to find a matching outer-barrel. Also it looks strage with the mis-shaped launcher. So I've cancelled the K/AG36 project, I will focus now on the fullsize Bundeswehr G36 with correct measurements :)

Hmm so are you going to remove the bolt catch, fill the hole, and switch to SEF markings? :)

Also, why not make a KA2? With a real or reasonably close replica KAC RAS it would look pretty good. I suppose the railed export-style sight might be hard to get, since the Star optic isn't very good and they positioned their rail improperly so as to prevent mounting and EO-Tech. But there must be a solution to this? Once again I say 'if only there were a KSK style aluminum rail available!' At least there may finally be deccent MP7A1 sights available 'soon' thanks to marui.

Ah, once again my bias towards the G36K shows through.

That's a nice idea if we talk about a C-K change, but you have also to mod the Gearbox (cylinder) with the fullsize G36, so I would prefer a one-piece barrel design with longer gas-system here.

This is true. However, once the cylinder is in there, there is little harm in switching back down to a C or K for a Mout/CQB event. Over time, it's not ideal to have a cylinder that's too large. But if you only do it every so often, it shouldn't be a problem.

In my case, I would prefer having a once-piece barrel since I have no need to switch my K to anything else.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, cool anyway :)

View through Star Scope, unfortunately not the HKV Scope sight :/

r00112120uc.jpg

r00112130eq.jpg

Tons of people say that the star scope sucks but if you look at this picture, it looks pretty clear to me. I think its a good scope for people whos not obsessed with total realism like about how the star scope sucks because its got the wrong kind of crosshair. There is a way to adjust it with some modifications i believe.

That is interesting.

Hmm so are you going to remove the bolt catch, fill the hole, and switch to SEF markings? :)

We already talked about the bolt-catch in PMs, no need anymore ;). Maybe I go for SEF markings, but I like the pictogram-markings more :). But now my next project will be a MP7, the G36 will follow afterwards :)

BTW: nice G36KV :D (just don't like the EO-Tech quick-mount)

Also, why not make a KA2? With a real or reasonably close replica KAC RAS it would look pretty good. I suppose the railed export-style sight might be hard to get, since the Star optic isn't very good and they positioned their rail improperly so as to prevent mounting and EO-Tech. But there must be a solution to this? Once again I say 'if only there were a KSK style aluminum rail available!'  At least there may finally be deccent MP7A1 sights available 'soon' thanks to marui.

I don't like G36K + RAS configs too much so it's not a real option :). The railed scope-handle is nearly impossible to get as Civi.

In my case, I would prefer having a once-piece barrel since I have no need to switch my K to anything else.

G&G G36K RAS-Kit? :)

Tons of people say that the star scope sucks but if you look at this picture, it looks pretty clear to me. I think its a good scope for people whos not obsessed with total realism like about how the star scope sucks because its got the wrong kind of crosshair. There is a way to adjust it with some modifications i believe.

Problem with the Star scope is more eye-distance than a blurry reticle. You have to press your eye on the scope to get a clear sight-picture.

@ Fanatic

side note: just the reddot in the dual-sight is called HKV (HauptKampf-Visier ~ main battle sight), not the whole sight-bridge ;)

Edited by unimatrix001

Got a question about CA's new G36K, As I've just received my New Flecktarn BDU's and I most likely will be asking for the German rucksack they have in Flecktarn.co.uk for my Birthday, I was interested in setting up a KSK load-out of sorts. I was just wondering if the CA G36K, would be suitable for someone who really doesn't want to have to screw around with the innards of the gun? Anyways thanks

Ian

It's the G&G G36k RAS, with a KM tightbore (363mm) and a G&P Aimpoint. THe vert grip is a G&G railed ABS grip. Internally, she's still stock, and I still haven't found a non-peq place for the battery.

i have the same set up as your matey, and i had to make some custom 8.4v batteries to fit ...pics follow soon...

Nice gun. Except for 1 thing.... It looks like you have mounted the rails completely wrong. They are not meant to attach to the horizontal vents in the foregrip.

They attatch to the bottom, or in the case of the "C" and the "K" to the sides of the foregrip. Having rails on the sides of a full size G36 just looks wrong in my opinion.

Edited by Architect

Aw but without the rails, how can I have the G36 O'Doom to go with my MP5 O'Doom?

IMG_3413.jpg

You can see the stock better there.

I used the vent holes simply because I don't want to butcher the gun trying to put rails on the side in the right place (it's too beautiful to have holes cut out) and it puts the tac light in range of my thumb.

I've put a long rail on the underside which can take the M203.

Also trying out a 7.4v LiPol battery.

Ah, old version stock. ;)

I think it's a fine way to mount a light, or anything that doesn't need to be zeroed. Plus, with the light I think it looks good. I'd paint the heads of the screws black though.

Yes, the crome screws do look out of place. I've got some black paint ready to use.

The lower rail is from the MP5 ICS tactical foregrip (which can't take the M203 on the MP5 but can on the G36) and you'd hardly notice it was there without the M203.

The above pic is what I'd set up for CQB (although mainly just with the tac light)

What exactly is the difference between old version and new version stocks?